• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rat vs Plant (Grace)

How hasn't this been done before is astonishing.

Bug-Eate vs Stray Cat

Rat that nearly killed Part 3's main character vs Plant that nearly killed Part 4's main antagonist.

I don't think I need to equalize anything, and fight takes place in Morioh because yes.

Cat: 9 (IvoryAS, Ovens, Tactical, DaBigP, Iapitus, Yellow, Smashor, Joo, Stalker)

Mouse: 2 (Pixel, Imaginym)

Doggo eats both:

Bugeaten
Straycat1

Oooh, alright.

I'm thinking Ratt takes this. Plant can't exactly move, at all, and Plant has less range. Vote Ratt, this seems simple.

Ima go with Ratt too. It can shoot in bursts, which are also deflected around by the terrain. Due to Stray Cat being immobile, it won't be able to react to and block every shot.

Yeah, but not in all directions at once. He would need to manually turn its head to shoot the bubbles but it won't be able to block every direction in time.

After finishing part IV today, I have but two things to say.

1. You misspelled "Part 4's main Protagonist"

2. I think I can vote Stray Cat because the durability ignoring capabilities of the dart wont matter to the air bubble surrounding it. The Cat in the meantime was able to rely on instinctual strategy to find out how to move/position, lethaly pressurize, and direct it's air bubble projectiles within minutes of finding it's ability. It then evolved. If this reasoning isn't sufficient, please let me know.

I'm fairly certain it did. Though if an object was moving slowly enough, it seemed to be able to enter.

Sturay Cato

But Ratt's bullets don't fire that slowly. That, and Stray Cat's bubbles can go invisible. Bug-Eaten really isn't winning this one.

Stray Cat takes this.

I rewatched the Stray Cat fight and it seems that he always has a bubble around himself and only allows friendlies to enter inside. And it can attack from within. The attacks are also spammable and invisible, so BE probably won't realise that its being attacked until too late.

Changing vote to Stray Cat. Just like in real life, the cat beats the rat.

Didn't Stray cat's air bubbles have a weakness to piercing damage before Killer queen Stabilized them?

Hayato was able to pop them with a pen

Killer Queen stepping on his bubble forcefield with killing intent > Hayato pen stab. Its either an outlier for Hayato, or that its protective bubble is stronger than the projectile bubbles.

Though Killer Queen is probably stronger than BE's darts, those probably apply more pressure, with how sharp they are- possibly enough to pop Stray Cat's bubble- Maybe I'm applying logic that's too realistic for JoJo though

That's also true. BE's darts are able to be shot several meters, bounce off a rock, and still have enough strength to pierce Jotaro's skin, so maybe it'll be enough. In that case, rat wins.

We're voting rat, even though, as argued above, Rat's darts are likely sharp enough to pierce the air bubble, & thus, go through, & probably devastate Stray Cat? SC might not expect its bubble being burst (literally), either, so it might not defend against that.

That, and Cat has to manually activate bubble shield, so Rat could do the trick he did against Jotaro, making it look like he missed and making it bounce back and hit him.

So overall I think Bug-Eaten takes this

Thinking on it more, and the premise the FRA votes for Stray Cat appear to be following:

Wouldn't Bug-Eaten, being a rat, be reasonable to assume it has the same capabilities as a real world rat?

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Rat_(Real_World)

Enhanced Senses (Of smell, taste, hearing, and sight)

I'd ASSUME it can smell, taste, hear & see as well as a normal rat, & rats, being especially small creatures, are probably more aware of air vibrations or such; Vibrations affect smaller creatures more noticeably to them.

I'd assume making an air bubble makes noise, or affects the scent in the area when moving the air, given that air contains the particles that make scents, & Bug-Eaten is shown to be remarkably intelligent.

Also, are we really sure it wouldn't realize Stray Cat attacking?

If Stray Cat's projectiles are invisible, that brings up an odd scenario: Imagine the cat-plant paying attention to Bug-Eaten, still acting or looking hostile, yet appearing to be doing nothing in self-defense.

Someone you're fighting to the death acting hostile while aware of you, yet not appearing to do anything should be suspicious as heck.

You forget that Stray Cat is just as intelligent as Bug-Eaten. And while Stray Cat can't move, neither can Bug-Eaten when Ratt is deployed. Hayato stabbing Stray Cat is outlier because peircing or no, the air barrier blocked an 8-C attack. Hayato is far, far below that, and it is incredibly inconsistent.

While SC is smart, he kind of tends to act like a cat most of the time, he doesn't really fight in a very strategic way. BE also never actually deploys Ratt unless he feels safe or has to, from what little we see of him, and he has more range than SC. So saying he would lose, when it's likely he'd just snipe from afar, and walk out of the path of the shots (though they are invisible, so it wouldn't work forever) doesn't seem too logical to me.

Also, I've already given a reasoning as to how it could be possible for the shots to pierce the bubble, and one as to how BE could work around the barrier.

(Besides what Armorchompy said.... Also, isn't Stray Cat notably confident? Didn't it dance after blocking one of Kira's attacks?) Why isn't it just a case where a cushion-like bubble is more resistant to pressure (From someone's foot being pressed down.) than to piercing?

Also, reading Bug-Eaten's profile:

• Melting Darts: Ratt has the ability to shoot barbed-darts that have the ability to melt objects that come in contact with it via a special "Stand poison". It can melt anything from human flesh to even an inanimate object such as a frying pa .
If Ratt's darts can melt inanimate objects, what would stop it from "melting" the air bubble, which is apparently "solid" enough to block attacks? And didn't TacticalNuke002 mention earlier Ratt can fire in bursts?

If one dart doesn't break down the bubble, why not multiple? Heck, speed isn't equalized, so....

Stray Cat:

Speed: Immobile (Is a potted plant) with Massively FTL reactions (Blocked punches from Crazy Diamond) and Below Average Human attack speed (Its bullets travel slowly)

Bug-Eaten:

Speed: Below Average Human (Rats have a max speed of 3.61 m/s) with Massively FTL reactions (Reacted to Crazy Diamond). Immobile movement speed and Massively FTL combat speed with Ratt (Nearly tagged Josukewith its darts before his stand barely parried it with an object, managed to shoot Jotaro several times despite him having access to his time-stop)

Stray Cat's bubbles are HILARIOUSLY slow compared to Ratt's darts. Does it have a limited supply of ammo? Heck, with a difference like that, what stops it from just changing position if an air bubble projectile is blocking its darts?

Even if an air bubble is protecting Stray Cat, if Ratt's darts can cause inanimate matter to melt, or are just that vulnerable to piercing, as long as it has a clear shot....

Well, the air bullets are invisible, so it can't avoid them with perfect accuracy. Also, I don't think they can melt air.

The barrier is 360 degrees and for SC to not keep it up the entire fight when its fighting a sniper is hard to believe. Plus, Bug-Eaten can't attack without anchoring down Ratt, so running around is moot. Where ever Ratt shoots from, Stray Cat will know and just fire bubbles in that direction. If Kira of all people couldn't penetrate the bubble, I don't think Ratt can.

Sir Ovens said:
The barrier is 360 degrees and for SC to not keep it up the entire fight when its fighting a sniper is hard to believe. Plus, Bug-Eaten can't attack without anchoring down Ratt, so running around is moot. Where ever Ratt shoots from, Stray Cat will know and just fire bubbles in that direction. If Kira of all people couldn't penetrate the bubble, I don't think Ratt can.
It's not hard to believe cause he doesn't do it in any fight he's in. It's possible he can't fire while keeping the barrier up. Or that he just can't keep it up forever period.

@Sir Ovens: Yes, but Stray Cat's bubbles still travel at a speed that can Bug-Eaten can probably outran, whereas Bug Eaten's darts move at superluminal speeds. So fast that Josuke & Jotaro had trouble reacting to it, & it actually hit them.

How fast can SC create the barrier, even if it notices a dart in time? Is it really on par with someone who challenged Josuke & Jotaro's reactions?

Not to mention there's already what Armorchompy argued for: BE tricking SC into thinking Ratt's dart missed to let its guard down.

The fact that the darts can at least pierce the skin of 8-C characters & have a lot more pressure to a much smaller surface area (Unlike a whole human shoe.) lends credit to it being able to pierce the bubble, if it can.

And what's the reasoning behind it being unable to melt the air bubbles? It melted other inanimate materials before, the darts are a product of a stand, & I'd question if the bubbles having regular properties for air, considering it's solid enough to be interacted with.

My vote is for Stray Cat, I think he still has the edge despite all the disadvantages, I think the air shield is too much to deal with, and I consider SC to be a smidge more intelligent than BE

however BE has a lot of unspoken advantages, Ricocheting his bullets for feints, and also the mobility advantage make it so BE is constantly outranging SC. The biggest issue for stray cat is a battle of attrition, if it gets to night time, SC just loses outright

Yeah. It's past the point of arguing, but even if we're saying darts that pierced the skin of 8-Cs can't pierce bubbles made of literally thin air (One of which was broken by a kid stabbing it with a pen.), I still wouldn't say Stray Cat is more intelligent than Bug-Eaten. BE actively seeks shelter & cover, takes shots from security, & plans. Stray Cat acts largely on instinct, even doing stuff like playing with balls, & gloats over success, IIRC. (Also, I'd question how good it is at reading humans when Shinobu went out of her way to appear friendly to it when it was still a cat, & it STILL showed nothing but hostility to her.)

Back