• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
@Wok Stands and aura work differently though. Stands transfer damage to their wielder, aura explicitly block effects that would otherwise be transfered

Stand = Soul Manifestation

Aura = Soul Manifestation

If BE can melt Stands, why can't it do the same for aura too. And btw, there are many Stands that don't transfer damage to the user.

@Tactical it doesnt matted that it can melt stands when aura has completely different feats and ways in which it responds to damage

If a stand jumped into lava the user would melt whereas if an aura user jumps into lava theyre just fine with the only damage being dealt is to their aura

WeeklyBattles said:
@Tactical it doesnt matted that it can melt stands when aura has completely different feats and ways in which it responds to damage

If a stand jumped into stand made/supernatural in some way lava the user would melt whereas if an aura user jumps into lava theyre just fine with the only damage being dealt is to their aura
Fixed.

tfw polnareff and part 1 duo lose to weiss but a ******* rat kicks her ass

Bug-Eaten FRA

To clarify further, I believe that at an 80 meter range and against an incredible tactician able to adapt to opposing abilities very quickly, Weiss will have a hard time spotting and keeping up with the rat, especially when she moves as slow as it. She can't block forever, and eventually, she'll get hit. And she'll get bit more. And more. Until eventually, she dies.

Remember, she has to find a and hit a within Central Park. All that grass, all the trees, and speed is equalized. I have my doubts she'll be able to do it.

Really? Last time I checked he was losing. Well, that's what I get for not reading notifs. Huh.

Part 1 Dio still lost so w/e.

It's 7-4 now.

Anyways time to dig for that one thread Weekly said he wanted made. I've been busy these few days.

@Pixel My dude, Weiss is currently winning 6-2 with the remaining 2 using the outdated voting reasoning

First of all, can we stop the "thing needs to have feats to bypass forcefields"? It's incredibly misleading. A forcefield is a protection that can be made out of variant things like pure magic, space, time, life energy, soul energy, and much more. Affect a type of forcefield made out of any of that isn't the same as affecting all the others.

Obviously stands=/=aura in many way, but they are fundamentally "the same" in the sense that they are manifestations of the soul and related to the soul. The differences and different feats they have is not prove that they aren't comparable soul manifestations;

Having passive Attack Reflection to the body (or really just a power) doesn't make "a thing" no longer being that "thing". If in a verse somebody's water has passive Attack Reflection to the person, other person of other verse that can manipulate water will still be able to affect it, as is still water. Same here. Same with dozens of other examples I can give with the false evidence given here to say that stands=/=aura. A real argument would be talk about the structure of how stands/aura is made, or its level of intangiability.

Talk to the OP about that he says it's 7-4.

Off topic, but it hurts to feel to need to speed equalize Akira, since speed is literally one of Red Hot Chili Pepper's strengths and I fear he'll get curb stomped without it.

Hey Weekly what keys should I use?

Edit: Seeing the votes change suddenly I'll probably not vote for now since it means I'm misinformed and probably shouldn't vote if I'm not sure what I'm talking about.

@Efi Mmmmno, thats not how it works. If a forcefield exists an attack needs to have proof that it can bypass forcefields in order for you to agrue that it can. We're not going to just start ignoring how forcefields work for no reason.

ThePixelKirby said:
Off topic, but it hurts to feel to need to speed equalize Akira, since speed is literally one of Red Hot Chili Pepper's strengths and I fear he'll get curb stomped without it.

Hey Weekly what keys should I use?
Post timeskip Nora, she's the only one with feats of 8-B electricity absorption

@Weekly You should both debate and make a CRT to propose your idea of "thing=/=same thing if it has different powers" before altering the votes to your liking.

Sounds good. Sadly speed equalized is the only way to make it fair for Nora, but if I do that, then Nora's going to win easily..

Crap how do I make this fair? Give Akira a location with a lot of electricity to work with?

Any ideas?

Forcefield = Forcefield my dude there is nothing more to argue about

Even then its already been discussed that Ratt's powers wont affect aura users the same way that it affects Stand users due to them functioning differently

WeeklyBattles said:
@Efi Mmmmno, thats not how it works. If a forcefield exists an attack needs to have proof that it can bypass forcefields in order for you to agrue that it can. We're not going to just start ignoring how forcefields work for no reason.
That's some severe exajegarion, Weekly. As I said before, forcefield is but a term for other stuff, you can't just grab a term (say, a shield, barrier, or a wall) and say others need prove to get pass it to do so. Much less while given no reason on why this is the way you say it is.
I already said my arguments, I'm yet to see valid ones for the aura.

Ratt should be capable of affecting Weiss's Aura, but not Weiss herself due to the lack of the damage transfer mechanic.

Weiss can probably just "put" more aura when she's hit and she will probably manage to survive several hits. Whatever or not that's enough to beat Bug-eaten, I dont know.

Also, now Weiss>Bug-Eaten>Saitama ovo

Eficiente said:
@Weekly You should both debate and make a CRT to propose your idea of "thing=/=same thing if it has different powers" before altering the votes to your liking.
While I am 100% against altering votes, one verse's soul manifestation doesn't equal anothers. Kryptonite hurts Kyryptonians. Kryptonians are aliens. Therefor Kryptonite affects all aliens. See why that makes no sense?

WeeklyBattles said:
Forcefield = Forcefield my dude there is nothing more to argue about
Even then its already been discussed that Ratt's powers wont affect aura users the same way that it affects Stand users due to them functioning differently
Did you even read what I said? The forcefield is made out of stuff Ratt can affect, to say that it can't due to it being a forcefield is like saying that someone who can control fire can't cantrol a forcefield of fire because it's a forcefield.

Discuss what I said before about aura=/=stands, don't just "lol it goes like this for no reason".

@Triforce Not true. Please read all the thread.

@Efi What argument are you looking for exactly? Aura blocks attacks, prevents the user from stuff like fire and lava and prevents them from being burned, what would you like to know?

@Efi No, aura doesnt transfer damage to the wielder like Stands do

No one is saying Rat cant affect her aura

Chartate101 said:
While I am 100% against altering votes, one verse's soul manifestation doesn't equal anothers. Kryptonite hurts Kyryptonians. Kryptonians are aliens. Therefor Kryptonite affects all aliens. See why that makes no sense?
That false equivalence is laughable AF. Kryptonite doesn't affect aliens, those specific aliens are weak to it.

And I'm not saying "it's the same", I'm saying that it's funtamentally and consequently the same.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Efi No, aura doesnt transfer damage to the wielder like Stands do
No one is saying Rat cant affect her aura
Why does that matter at all? It's not as if Weiss were meters away from her aura, both get melted.

@Efi But WHY would Weiss get melted? Youre not explaining any of your reasoning. Melting aura or using something with a melting property does not melt the aura wielder like it does a Stand wielder as aura doesnt transfer damage.

Melting property =/= Poison/Biological Manipulation that works on stands and humans, her aura can't resist that hax, and then goes to her like it goes from skin to flesh.

Forcefields dont need to show resistances. Theyre forcefields.

Stands and Aura are very different in how they function, saying 'it works on stands thereofre it works on aura' is a false equivalency

Eficiente said:
Well, forcefield "is not even a thing" in the sense that it's a term. The aura is made out of soul shenanigans, that "is a real thing", and Ratt has show feats to work with that.

RWBY's forcefields are a special kind. They're a physical manifestation of the soul, and thus are more vulnerable to soul based attacks or abilities. You can't just say forcefields made out of the soul protect you from soul attacks.

Back