• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
DragonEmperor23 said:
The point is that the stand wasn't damaged
? It affects both humans and stands.

Also its "possibly Building level+" dura is bullsh*t. His tier is also most likely wrong too given that the only thing it does ignores dura.

No one explained why it would go through her aura people just said it would with no proof other than 'it affected stands'

Proof that it would melt her aura? Aura can withstand magma without going down youre gonna need actual proof it would melt a full body forcefield

Except Aura regenerates, stands dont

You cant just destroy part of a user's aura, you either break it all at once or you dont

BE's darts don't harm exactly. They simply melt down anything they touch like transmutating them to jelly. The thing doesn't get damaged just melted.

Because it can take a certain amount of damage before it breaks? That doesnt mean you can break parts of it and still have the aura be up.

@Weekly Prove that the aura can regenerate as ridiculously fast as you are suggesting.

It doesn't regenerate but it's not possible to break one part of aura while the rest remains in tact. You either break all of it or you don't, there is no in-between

@Weekly You are failing to explain this in a reasonable way, how is it not affected? Does it have magical resistances to all hax? How is it weakened by others if it works that way? (<- not a real question, obviously)

If anything, you are making it look like a in-universe thing

Apparently with aura, contact is technically npt established. Think a suit of armor. Spawning ice should block though.

@SchroKatze So, it does have magical resistances to all hax? ..Ok sure.

Nope it doesn't. The attacks do connect to the user, but are partially mitigated due to its damage absorption properties.

SomebodyData said:
I think you guys are misinterperting what Weekly said, I doubt he would go full blown NLF
Welp, tell that to the other threads where he said that anything contact-based is useless, please. p-p

Can you give examples of him saying that? Cuz i'm in most RWBY threads and don't remember that, let alone more than once

I don't agree with saying that touching the aura Ôëá touching tje person, but that is what he uses for that. Not that it just nullifies everything. While weekly values forcefields way more than most of us do as a power, it's not like he claims it's gonna stop someone like Kairos Fateweaver just because kairos didn't show his everything working on a shielded person.

On my part I just told him to explain it better with hyperbolic questions, the latter comment was in response to the true NLF. So how would part of the aura not be affected without resistances? How?

To him, the hax must show feats of working on a forcefield, as he feels that it is different enough to a regular wall to warrant this. I don't agree with that either and think the forcefield is what needs to show feats, but I'm trying to present it as he says in an unbiased way here.

Well, forcefield "is not even a thing" in the sense that it's a term. The aura is made out of soul shenanigans, that "is a real thing", and Ratt has show feats to work with that.

Yeah I'd agree with that. If it can affect one sort of soul projection with it's abilities, I don't see why it wouldn't affect a featless soul projection. Weiss can spawn physical walls ofnice though.

Yes, unless Rat's power has shown to bypass forcefields it should not be considered able to go thought Weiss' aura

Back