• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Weapons from a Broken Future: Archer Emiya VS. A2

It's fate's magic Garcher against an angery waifu with a small robot friend.

Both are at least 7-B, Fight takes place in a neutral universe, and speed is equalized. Archer has access to everything he's ever had, as does A2. A2 will be allowed to hurt archer with her weapons, however, because otherwise "lolimmunity"

Who wins?

Garcher:

Waifu:

It is technically a power every Servant has. The question is if A2 is allowed to bypass it for this fight, does it get added? Debating for the hell of it is also an option.

Also, servant immunity can be bypassed by weapons that "carry a certain amount of age and mystery". I feel like A2 has a good chunk of weapons that can do that. Phoenix equipment, Ancient overlord, the Type-3 Equipment, etc.

@Zephyr

Yeah that works.

Anyway, I'm not too familiar with A2, but comparing the two's stats on their pages, Archer's got a decent advantage in AP and Durability. The only things that A2 has that seem threatening are her time manipulation and her lightspeed laser abilities. Problem is, Archer's already dealt with flat-out time-space freezing with Caster, and unless the laser is strong enough to cripple him the first time it's used, he's going to see it coming a mile away the next time A2 tries with Eye of the Mind.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
But what is the best thing it actually resisted? If not it really is an nlf
It really isn't. It's not an arbitrary nullification ability, it's built-in when it comes to Servants. They're materialized bodies of mana, so only magical items can affect them. No matter how hard you punch, you can't hit a ghost, something that's intangible. Same principle, except replace "intangible" with "invulnerable".

It's been flat out stated that you'd stand a better chance fighting a Servant with a magical fork than you would with a non-magical nuclear bomb.

Solacis said:
Ricsi-viragosi said:
But what is the best thing it actually resisted? If not it really is an nlf
It really isn't. It's not an arbitrary nullification ability, it's built-in when it comes to Servants. They're materialized bodies of mana, so only magical items can affect them. No matter how hard you punch, you can't hit a ghost, something that's intangible. Same principle, except replace "intangible" with "invulnerable".
It's been flat out stated that you'd stand a better chance fighting a Servant with a magical fork than you would with a non-magical nuclear bomb.
servants can also be affected by weapons that carry a certain amount of age and mystery, something that A2's weapons do have.

Solacis said:

That still is nlf. It would mean that the stuff rick makes wouldn't kill them cuz its not magical or mysterious enough.

I mean the thing about the Weapon Immunity thing is that it almost by its nature excludes what would push its limits. Sufficiently advanced technology can bypass it because it gains a sort of mystery since humanity doesn't understand it. Since magecraft and technology in fate have equal capability, we can assume that the maximum capability of magecraft outside of the divine and true magic can be the maximum scale of that which lacks sufficient mystery. Thus, I would say you would have to be bar minimum Multi Continental scaling from Solomon's noble phantasm, before you can push the NLF button on the immunity to modern weapons due to a lack of sufficient mystery

Not really, again. Rick, a human, perfectly understands his creation, and tgere are hundreds of verses where 4-B weaponry is basic stuff that all humans have.

Wgenever or not the resistance aplies here, it is still not immunity.

If it doesn't have the age or is stuff that most humans know/understand then the Servants are immune since it doesn't have the mystery required to affect them.

AnonymousBlank said:
If it doesn't have the age or is stuff that most humans know/understand then the Servants are immune since it doesn't have the mystery required to affect them.
So your telling me that, sa... Ford with his 5D tecnology that can erase a being very existance cannot kill them because its a few years old and humans understand how it works?

Yeah, I acknowledged that some of A2's weapons do work based on their origins. I just pointed out the mechanics of Servant immunity to Ricsi.

@John

Oh? Magical weapons have a high probability of bypassing android defense systems? Interesting.

@DMUA

We've already settled this. A2 has weapons with sufficient mystery to harm Servants, but those weapons are relatively few compared to her whole arsenal.

Still voting EMIYA for my previous reasons.

Back