• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Title says it all. Got some stuff for I'm waitng for so I thought I'd do this in the meantime.

I'll start small. We do know the ages of the mains.

2B was 3 by the end of the game. 9S was also 3. A2 is 4 by the end of the game.

Minor ability to add to base abilities. Forcefield creation. Androids are protected by passive energy shields.

This was a discussion from the anime. Personally I've been trying to keep the anime separate because of multiple deviations from the canon. But the technology should be roughly the same.

For context, Lily was infected with a logic virus. Number 16 was asking about Lily's shields. And it turns out Lily doesn't have any which makes sense as she was built as a pleasure android. The YoRHa here do not have pods and the resistance androids aren't surprised regarding the question of shields suggesting that they passively produce shields.

Another ability would be Status Effect Inducement because of the stun effect.

I'd like to add information analysis to the androids base Something I've always wanted to add in regards to their intelligence was that every android gets the knowledge and skills from data both passed along previous generations and shared within their generation. Fell on the term information analysis since something similar was mentioned in the hive mind page (Information Analysis (by allowing one iteration to transfer knowledge to other iterations)). Wondered if they would qualify for Hive Mind Type 2 (Type 2: Multi-Minded: A shared mind between multiple instances, each with their own unique personality and consciousnesses. They are able to act on their own accord individually, but share more baser instincts like knowledge, stimuli, and reactions.).

I think that an arguement could be made for both androids and machines having it given how their respective networks work. Machines can access the network for effectively anything. Androids draw all their knowledge and skills from data syncs. Even the reported weakness. (If a user's single instance is captured, there are multiple negative occurrences that could happen. They could have their battle tactics revealed or be corrupted fully through their captured instance.). When 9S got infected he could not back himself up since his infected code would corrupt the whole system. And likewise when the system got corrupted, everyone who had been updated also got corrupted. Though this might only be relegated to the YoRHa group and not the individuals themselves.

If someone has an opinion feel free to let me know.

Anyways, the hive mind thing is just a thought, not part of the suggestions. Without hive mind abilities would look like

Forcefield Creation (protected by passive energy shields) Status Effect Inducement (chance of inflicting stun against the enemy. The percent chance varies depending on the weapon equipped. With the stun chip equipped, hacked enemies and all enemies near them will get stunned.) Information Analysis (their knowledge and skills is the accumulation of previous generations of androids as well as any data shared by existing androids)

Adam should also get Regeneration Low-Mid. There is a description in the book of his injuries disappearing in seconds. And in the anime we see it happen. As for the Low-Mid part, that's the same regen level as Eve.

Speaking of Eve. Why does he have rock gaunlet as a standard equipment? That's not equipment, it's just a trick he can do with the abilities he has. And it's certainly not standard. 9S did it too. That doesn't make it standard equipment.
I propose we remove it.

Engles has this: ", Mining machinery as arms"
Shouldn't that just be bodily weaponry? I propose we change it to

Bodily Weaponry (has mining machinery as arms)

And finally, I have numbers. Lots and lots of numbers.

For A2 we just have "higher" for her AP and speed in berserk mode. I think we should specify. So

Attack Potency: Mountain level+, higher with Berserk Mode (deals 2X damage). Higher with flight unit, Island level with Black Box detonation

Speed: At least Superhuman, FTL+ combat and reaction speeds, higher with Berserker Mode (25% movement speed increase)

Striking Strength: Mountain level+, higher with Berserker Mode (deals 2X damage)

Since all the YoRHa pretty much draw from the same weapons and tools, I propose we make a dedicated page and then have like a box or something show it.
Here is the sandbox of what it would look like. I've added the bullet detonation chip as well as the hacking chips and consumable items. I've also added the percentages and quantities they woudl effect.

So for the sandbox I've created 4 dedicated pages, one page for each type of their equipment. Then created a tabbing system linking to each page. What we would do is create those four pages on the wiki then on the character pages rather than have that giant chunk of text, we just need to copy and paste the tabbing section onto the respective pages rather than have a giant thing of the same on each one.
Alternatively, we could combine the 4 separate pages into one page but still have it link out so that page is given to each character.

You probably can't see the source code but it looks like this.

<div class="tabbertab-borderless"><tabber>Pods = {{:User:TheAngryOrange/sandbox0}}
|-|Plug-In Chips = {{:User:TheAngryOrange/sandbox1}}
|-|Weapons = {{:User:TheAngryOrange/sandbox2}}
|-|Items = {{:User:TheAngryOrange/sandbox3}}
</tabber></div>

Much smaller than the giant wall of text on their character pages. And if it gets added the pages would list the respective pages rather than my sandboxes.

Images for where I got the numbers from are below.
In hindsight I probably should've rotated the images before I uploaded them.

Here is the number I have for the time bubble.

Been contemplating the idea of downgrading the speed of the machines that aren't Adam or Eve since the battles against them are effectively them haphazardly flailing everywhere as they get speed blitzed. * shrugs * I'll save it for another time.

Last edited:
Reading over the bottom section regarding the numbers.

Alternatively I could just put the numbers in the respective weapons sections. Would be a lot simpler. I was just thinking it'd be nice if we could gather the numbers into one location rather than scatter them all over the page. Issue is there are so many numbers that it seems like the act of putting them in one place will cause clutter.

So yeah, on second read perhaps leaving the levels the way they are and then putting the numbers in their respective section will be better. IDK. I'll wait for feedback.

I also realize I forgot to upload the berserk mode image that also contains the speed boost I forgot to add.

But the numbers are
weapons that increase speed: 20% attack speed increase
weapons that increase defense: 20% damage negation
Crits: 4X damage.

It appears Tier 2 effects have identical numbers. Holy Blessing, Dark Impulse, and Energy Charge increase damage by 20% (looking at 2500 dmg base with 3000 after buff)

2X damage with berserk
25% speed increase with berserk

Attack Up Salve: 2X damage
Defense Up Salve: Halves damage
Popola's Booze: 50% damage increase
Speed Salve: 25% Speed increase

Also the copy and pasting of the weapon/chip section is absurd. Instead I propose we put all that data into one page and then ahve the page render on the character pages.

Last edited:
I personally loved the Sandboxes a lot, everything seems pretty decent and plausible to me, but some links lead to the main page of the Site, I think it would be good for you to put some hashtags for people to have an easier time finding this thread

I'll bump this by adding this. I touched base with Rusty regarding this. The only thing he's unsure about is using the anime since he wonders fi that is an alternate universe.
Admittedly they do go off canon. So I'm fine with going either way on that.

I just want to use it for abilities/technologies. I'd liken it more to how the fate verse uses their anime to supplement their pages as opposed to like Marvel and DC with their MCU and DCEU which are different continuities.

Last edited:
I know nothing of the anime and can't speak on it as a result- if they are significantly different, we tend to separate those and give them their own profiles. Otherwise it's generally fine.

It's been some time since I played NieR, but from what I remember they specifically don't share a mind- they may be one conglomerate database but what one knows another may most likely not. There's significant evidence against the notion that they are a singular shared entity, despite their greater level of connectedness compared to a human.

Could I get the statement for the regen?

The bodily weaponry change is fine.

The equipment thing seems entirely unnecessary to include on each page, imo, and serves only to bloat it. I may be misunderstanding, in that you suggest just linking to your sandbox- in which case, I'd say the better choice would be a formally published blog but otherwise I agree.

Alright, so I've edited the original post so it has the link to the book quote. But here is another link.

The equipment thing seems entirely unnecessary to include on each page, imo, and serves only to bloat it. I may be misunderstanding, in that you suggest just linking to your sandbox- in which case, I'd say the better choice would be a formally published blog but otherwise I agree.

I think I should preface this with that all the YoRHa already have this giant list of equipment in their character profiles. Pods, then plug-in chips then weapons.

So the equipment thing is three fold.

1) To include items. Right now we have items listed in the P&A section but no specification of what they are and how much they effect. Ex: (Statistics Amplification (With several amplification items. Items can increase her strength, durability and speed)) I'm seeking to list them out in a dedicated section. I originally had suggested listing the values in the P&A section but after experimenting with how they'd look, none of them looked good.

2) to add values to the weapon modifiers. P&A have listed out their abilities Ex: (Statistics Amplification (Various weapons; Offensive, Defensive, Attack Speed))but once again fail to specify how much. Ex: (Type-40 Sword: This blade charges energy as long as it is not used. This charge becomes visible in the form of blue electricity. Although this state last for only a few swings, it provides an increase of the blades attack potency.) However it fails to specify how much. I have the numbers so I want to list that. So it would look like (Type-40 Sword: This blade charges energy as long as it is not used. This charge becomes visible in the form of blue electricity. Although this state last for only a few swings, it provides an increase of the blades attack potency (20% increase).)

Numbers provided in the images from the original post.

3) To streamline it. Both in terms of the appearance and in terms of the coding. From an appearance thing, it's already an enormous block of text. Rather than having Pods on top of Plug-in chips on top of weapons, each section will be part of a tabbing system to occupy less space. Thus it would have the appearance of what I have in the sandbox. I've furthered changed up my sandbox so this is what it would look like if it was the 2B page.

Furthermore, rather than copy the giant section of text to each page (even if it is more streamlined in appearance, it's still a lot of lines of code) each section would get its own dedicated page.

I'm using my sandbox as an example. So right now, sandbox0 holds the pods, sandbox2 holds the plug-in chips, and so on. Then in the main sandbox it looks like this.

<div class="tabbertab-borderless"><tabber>Pods = {{:User:TheAngryOrange/sandbox0}}
|-|Plug-In Chips = {{:User:TheAngryOrange/sandbox1}}
|-|Weapons = {{:User:TheAngryOrange/sandbox2}}
|-|Items = {{:User:TheAngryOrange/sandbox3}}
</tabber></div>

How it would apply to the site would be a "Nier Automata Pods" page, then a "Nier Automata Plug-In Chips" page. And so on. Then on each character page it would have

<div class="tabbertab-borderless"><tabber>Pods = {{:Nier Automata Pods}}
|-|Plug-In Chips = {{:Nier Automata Plug-In Chips}}
|-|Weapons = {{:Nier Automata Weapons}}
|-|Items = {{:Nier Automata Items}}
</tabber></div>

You had mentioned using blogs. That could work too. Same tabber code but each tab will link out to the blog that lists the equipment and the value. And if any changes should be made to those sections, it gets automatically updated to everyone who has it.

Right, I don't think we should intentionally post a wiki to each page- if they really need this vast of an addition, I think a blog is better.

Alright. So I've made four blogs. One for each type of item. I've also taken the liberty of trying to pretty up some of their formats such as putting the pods and pod programs on separate tabs.

My sandbox has been edited to reflect what it would look like if it was implemented into the profile (I'm using 2B)

And here is the code. A lot better than the current eye sore.

<div class="tabbertab-borderless"><tabber>Pods = {{:User_blog:TheAngryOrange/Nier_Automata_Pods}}
|-|Plug-In Chips = {{:User_blog:TheAngryOrange/Nier_Automata_Plug-In_Chips}}
|-|Weapons = {{:User_blog:TheAngryOrange/Nier_Automata_Weapons}}
|-|Items = {{:User_blog:TheAngryOrange/Nier_Automata_Items}}
</tabber></div>

You can't ping users, only staff can.

That said, I will try to get to this, been very busy lately.

Back