• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

We are going to get a wiki spotlight advertisement

To clarify, I do not mind it as such. It is just that parts of certain characters' bodies are outside of the picture, such as Superman's hand, and Mickey's ears.

Would it be alright if I tried an image as well? I could get it done in a little bit tonight.

@Ryukama Yes. Of course.

@The real cal howard Technically no. Sorry. Most people use downloaded versions though.

I could try my hand at making a logo tomorrow, I'm decently proficient in GIMP 2 and PaintDotNet.

@Cal. I believe one of the older versions of Photoshop is officially free to use nowadays, but the website navigation is a pain. PaintDotNet and GIMP 2 are good, free alternatives.

@Thebluedash

As I mentioned earlier, I would prefer well-known iconic characters from different types of mediums, given that this is going to be an advertisement to a large audience.

Skodwarde had the right idea regarding the types of featured characters.

@Darkanine Thank you for the help. Just remember to focus on the iconic characters category.

Antvasima said:
@Thebluedash
As I mentioned earlier, I would prefer well-known iconic characters from different types of mediums, given that this is going to be an advertisement to a large audience.

Skodwarde had the right idea regarding the types of featured characters.
So more comic book, and live action?

Just focus on the most popular iconic characters, but only use 1-2 from American comicbooks (Superman, and maybe Spider-Man), and feature diverse mediums.

If you don't mind the suggestion, as long as it's done with Photoshop, maybe it would be good to have some more villain iconic characters as well? I mean, there's only Darth Vader for the bad guys right now.

Well, it would have been enough with just Goku and Luffy for manga characters, and Bernkastel is not popular enough to belong.

The VS logo in the background might be a good idea though.

@FateAlbane We should preferably go with the most recognisable and popular iconic characters, to make the advertisement work better. Doctor Doom and The Joker are quite well known, but not exactly crowd-pleasers.

What about Doctor who. Does he fit as iconic, his show is very well recognized, plus has a huge fan base? Not to mention it's a very,very old show.

Here is my first attempt. Sorry if it isn't too good. Please tell me what you guys think.

Doctor Who is iconic enough, yes.

One ide I have is we make the characters stand in a justice league like pose, here's a couple good examples [example 1] and [example 2]. Obviously we will have much more iconic characters, but I like how the examples are put together particularly number twos look, we could even add the VS battle logo in the middle. What do you guys think.

@Ryukama

I like the layout, with the exception that small parts of some of their bodies are outside of the screen.

However, it features 4 superheroes, instead of just Superman and Spider-Man, and is othervise not quite diverse enough regarding different types of mediums (books, games, comicbooks, manga, TV, movies, etc).

@The real cal howard I do not mind. All help is appreciated.

@Ant Thank you for the input. I'll try something else then.

@Grudgeman1706 I do not like the layout of those images. Sorry.

@Ryukama No problem. Thank you for the help.

I'm not saying we use those images, I'm saying to use how they are presented but with are own characters, and the wiki logo in the middle. But if you don't like it that's fine

I like the idea of having the wiki logo in the middle. However, it is hard enough to piece together appropriate Photoshop images, without finding all of the characters in a posing standing position,

Does anyone have a larger version of the VS Battles wordmark? That'd be a good use of the logo without the "VS Battles Wiki" like was suggested.

Well, you can use this image as a template, then copy the blue background colour, and use that to overwrite the "battles wiki" text.

@Ant I'll try. There just might be an awkward space underneath the VS if I do that. I'll try to see what I can do though.

Here's my second attempt. I have tried to add a greater diversity of characters and incorporate our logo (which I have edited to exclude the name.)

Hopefully it's improved somewhat from the last one.

Thank you. I mostly like the character selection, except for Ryuko, but would appreciate if you could shrink down the logo, and maybe try to add one or two more of the characters that I mentioned earlier. Mickey Mouse and Doctor Who would be good additions for example.

I don't know if I can add anymore characters. Would keeping this the way it is except for shrinking the logo and replacing Ryuko with Dr. Who be alright?

Back