• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

We are going to get a wiki spotlight advertisement

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
I have been informed by Wikia's official staff that our Wiki has been approved for a spotlight:

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/429756

However, there appears to be a problem with featuring our logo image as an advertisement.

Do any of you have a suggestion for another graphic? Perhaps one that features highly popular completely unconnected comicbook characters, video game characters, book characters, movie characters, anime characters, and so onwards. (Preferably something other than a fighting scene)

Well, it would likely have to be some kind of fan-made Photoshop creation, featuring various popular unconnected characters featured within this wiki.

It's really hard to find crossover pics that come from both the east and the west. I don't want it to be pure anime, and I don't want it to be pure comic.

im guessing we either need someone with photoshop skills or is great at finding fan art.

Indeed, if you're going for the full range of characters this wiki has, Photoshop might be the only solution. Finding isolated pics of characters and rendering, then putting them together with Photoshop in a single one would be the most effective way.

@Grudgeman1706

Well, I would still prefer if somebody could create a Photoshop image featuring popular characters from different types of media (Superman, Luffy, Goku, Gandalf, Darth Vader, Harry Potter, and similar).

This page might help for inspiration.

I searched 10-15 mins using all my fanart sources and I came up with this it's not a fighting scene and it does have the characters that are in the banned matchup but they're not directly facing off what do you guys think?

I am not willing to pay somebody hundreds of dollars to draw so many characters, and it would take too long for them to do so anyway.

In addition, if we find a previous fan-drawn image, I am not certain that Wikia would accept it, as they technically have policies against that sort of thing.

I still think that Photoshopping Iconic Characters is likely our best option.

Well, Superman, Spider-Man, Darth Vader, Gandalf, Harry Potter, Goku, Luffy, Mario, Pikachu, Mickey Mouse, Popeye, Godzilla, and Optimus Prime might be an idea.

I think the above should be enough. It will be a small advertisement.

I am actually thinking of mixing a few abstract stock backgrounds with galaxies and stars and stuff, (for visual eyecatching) and place the characters over that. Is that good?

It depends. Maybe you can try out different backgrounds, and then show the results here?

The backgrounds should preferably be of regular colours, such as white, or light blue, as well.

Maybe i should just stick with a solid background? I dunno. Imma need something at least 1000x700 or something like that for quality reasons....

A solid, or transparent, background is probably good.

@Skodwarde You can also pick some additional iconic characters from other popular franchises if you need them for the image to look better.

No joke profiles are allowed in this wiki. I am not supreme anything here. DarkLK and DontTalk are both far more knowledgeable than I am for example. I just work very hard.

Anyway, how are things going with the Photoshop picture?

Okay. Thank you. Feel free to improve upon the structure further in Photoshop, but I will ask if this is acceptable to Wikia's staff.

Back