• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

We are going to get a wiki spotlight advertisement

That should be fine, yes. Although Goku's base form is probably better to use than SS3, as it is more recogniseable.

@Ant Almost done with your suggestions. Appreciate the input.

@Azzy Thanks a lot man. ^_^

Thank you for the help. Sorry about being picky, but it is important that we get this right, so we attract new visitors to the wiki.

@Ant No problem. I understand and am happy you care enough about this.

Anyways. Here's my 3rd attempt. Anything else you think should be changed?

@Cal Go to "Contribute." Click "add an image." And then you'll get an "Upload" button to press in order to post it. Once it's posted, the site will give a link to that image you uploaded.

Thanks again. It still needs a bit smaller logo, and preferably the cuŕrent version of Doctor Who.

@Ryukama Here is an image of the latest version of The Doctor, which may be useful: [1]

@Ant thank you. But I found 12th Doctor anyway. Here's the 4th try.

@The real cal howard I think that Ryu's idea works better. The advertisement is not particularly large, so your version would scale down the characters too much to be easily discernible. Sorry.

@Ryukama That one works fine, except that the logo is still a bit too large. The characters are what people are interested in after all. Additionally, there is lots of empty space at the bottom of the image.

@Ryukama Basically, you could either shrink the logo, to make more room for the characters, and cut away most of the empty bottom part of the screen, or simply move the logo downwards, while possibly shrinking it a little bit to give more room for Mario.

Antvasima said:
@The real cal howard I think that Ryu's idea works better. The advertisement is not particularly large, so your version would scale down the characters too much to be easily discernible. Sorry.
No problem, Ant. It was fun working on it. Thanks for giving me the opportunity :D. By the way, I also agree that Ryu's looks exceptionally better.

@Cal Thanks man I am really flattered. Yours is still pretty good though.

@Ant Alright. The logo is supposed to take up some space in the picture, as it is sort of the platform everyone is standing behind. But I think I have considerable shrunken it now.

Here.

Also btw I do not mind making more revisions to it. I'm just sorry if this is irritating you.

Do you mean that you are willing to continue making revisions, or that I have worn out your patience with constantly being very picky?

Anyway, now I think that the logo has turned a bit too small instead. Maybe something in-between the 4th and 5th try would be appropriate?

I mean I do not mind making revisions. And am sorry if this process is irritating you. I'm not bothered by anything at all.

And I'll try to see what I can do about the logo.

No. I am not irritated at all. I appreciate the help.

I am extremely sorry to have to say this. But Gimp (the photoshop download I've been using) has crashed and wiped out all of my progress. The 5th revision is going to have to be my last one.

I personally feel if we're still going to go with any of them, it should be the 4th one. The 5th one is rather small. And while the 4th one has a big one, it's not really something that many people (especially newcoming or casual users) are going to recognize or find offputting.

I'm really sorry again about this inconvience. But there was nothing I could do about it. It suddenly crashed. But in my opinion, we still have an acceptable image that we are able to use that I've spent hours on now. Apologies it isn't quite perfect but at least it's something.

Plus it appears we are on somewhat of a timeframe. So we should perhaps hurry if we're going to find something.

Oh. That is too bad, but I understand. I will suggest the 4th revision to Merrystar.

Thank you very much for understanding, Ant. Really means a lot as I am quite distraut about losing this progress out of nowhere. And I appreciate you're input and help. :)

No problem. Thank you very much for your hard work.

Not a problem. Glad to have helped. Good night.

Also I guess this has been concluded now.

Well, we first have to wait and see if Merrystar accepts the image.

Good night.

So, should we use a version of it anywhere else in the wiki (with the empty bottom part cropped, and rendered to have a transparent background)? Or just use it whenever we ask for an advertisement, once every half year or so?

Back