• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

War for the Worlds Meta

Swathing all that i can find of getter energy indicates that, unless you can fully control it, it's a stat amp with some reactive evolution if it likes you.

Wait so can I still teleport people to me also on his powers it just says telepathy. EDIT: do I also get his psychic attacks?

And @Stand then I regen because of low godly regen.

PsychoWarper said:
Wait so can I still teleport people to me also on his powers it just says telepathy.
And @Stand then I regen because of low godly regen.
Probably not because you've just got the telepathy aspect.

In situations like this, it might be better to give the player a character's notable power rather than something from their powers and abilities section.

Oh... Thought this was RP thread... Meh, it Kay, I understand the ails of running an RP and having to respond to everyone, mediate drama, and make shit engaging. So take ur time...

I'd like this to be as balanced as possible so...

Who things there should be a set AP for abilities? Should I have entire abilities rather than aspects?

Set AP: **** no, theres no point going for anything other than spammablity and time then

Entire Abilites: Other than certain abilites (like maybe Micheal.s NLF and stuff like that), i think we should have the whole package, but thats just me

I feel like it should depend on the ability. If it's really OP as the whole thing then just use an aspect but if on it's own it's tiny you should use the entire ability if it's not too OP.

AP I think so

Entire abilities, within reason. If the individual aspect is useless on its own, I'd say give the whole ability. If the whole ability is just "can do X, Y, Z and hax" then I'd say only an aspect.

Draigo's The Summoning is a good example. Without the summoning bit, his telepathy is just sending out a distress signal.

On the other hand, something like Saver's Authority giving him control over concepts and causality - that could split into aspects.

I think you should give a notable ability, rather than just something off the powers and abilities, otherwise the character/verse doesn't really matter much. As for varying tier, I think it's fine if you're balancing tier with time limit/cool down.

Also, the reason i said "maybe Micheal's NLF" is because a serious Flames of Worthlessness is implied toi have been able to overpower that NLF, either making it haxxed as **** or have some kind of anti-NLF aspect

I suppose AP can be different if people have hax to make up for it.

But our base speeds should generally be about the same

Monarch Laciel said:
I suppose AP can be different if people have hax to make up for it.
But our base speeds should generally be about the same
i have no issue with Stats equalization for the PC's themselves (although they should still be able to amped, otherwise Swathings amping is pointless), but the abilite should have their normal stuff (for the msot part atleast)

Considering the lack of answer bout if we should post backstories here or in a seperate thread, imma just post Jordan's here:

Jordan is your everyday 14 year old living in the projects. Wake up, eat breakfast, goes to school, shitposts with their pals and sucks ass at sportsballs of varieties far and wide. But ever since they were young they always felt more boyish than the girls, opting for trousers and shirts rather than those frilly-ass dresses. Jordan goes about their daily life yearning to be male, so when they finally muster forth the courage to come out, their family is outraged, threatening to send them to a conversion camp should they "choose" to "remain" this way. And, out of fear for their life, they "go back to acting to like a normal girl" (in their mother's words).

Time passes, and Jordan is encumbered by a pervasive depression. As they watch TV with their father one fateful day, the news makes mention of the Pride Parade, to which they exude forth audible hapiness. Their father, enraged that "the infection of the Queer's is again reinfecting his sweet daughter" attempts to beat the shit out of them. Jordan in response, runs up to their room in hopes of shielding themselves from their father's wrath, nonetheless does father break in, leaving Jayden no choice but to venture towards them in hopes of hitting them with a Hip Throw. The throw is landed and the father writhes in pain. Jordan, wishing to assert dominance, takes their bat and BREAKS their father's back with it. yadayadayada Mother attempts to send them to conversion camp, Jordan beats shit out of mum, threatening to expose their practices to the greater (INSERT SEMILIBERAL CITY HERE), and remains living with them, flexing on their dad's inability to walk by sending mocking texts, and stealing what little food his parent's have and donating it to the Soup Kitchen (it's not like they have to worry about food, they have pals they can rely on and whom can rely on them)... That is until Giant rifts appear in the sky, hearing the voice of the Getter Emperor, Jordan forces themselves into the rift against their intuition...

Hl3 or bust said:
Swathing all that i can find of getter energy indicates that, unless you can fully control it, it's a stat amp with some reactive evolution if it likes you.

About that, it was shown in Getter Robo Armageddon during the very last moments of the last episode that constructs can be formulated out of Getter (ie. The Shin Getter conjuring a Getter Axe to slice through some Invaders and SEVERAL PLANETS). Since the Shin Getter is shown to be sentient, it's safe to say that so too could a sentient being create such "Getter Constructs" should they bear access to the Getter...

ok, so getter can, under certain circumstances:

-Stat amp you and others at the risk of it not liking you and giving you cancer and making you basically melt

-React. Evo. if it likes you

-Create 5-A energy constructs

You should probably have most of these, since it's a good ability to build up with, although maybe without the constructs rn (or with them being weaker)

fp, I feel like per their cowardic personality and their love of strife ONLY should they be dominating said strife would grant them weakass Getter access, and should they want more they'd have to sacrifice more of themselves to the Getter until it begins to erode them... Maybe even have it slowly attempt to replace Jayden's soul with one of a bloodthirsty warrior by slowly expunging said soul from their body...

SwathingDegenera777 said:
fp, I feel like per their cowardic personality and their love of strife ONLY should they be dominating said strife would grant them weakass Getter access, and should they want more they'd have to sacrifice more of themselves to the Getter until it begins to erode them... Maybe even have it slowly attempt to replace Jayden's soul with one of a bloodthirsty warrior by slowly expunging said soul from their body...
eh, you can do that if you want. just know that by then, we'll most likely have ways of stopping a Manuelo situation from happening again

Jordan's just a Jayden clone but with a better defined personality and back story. Jordan's a solipsist coward who THINKS their a battlethirsty shonen protagonist, in reality while they may thirst for combat, they only thirst for DOMINATION within combat...

My guys a sarcastic and lazy war orphan whos fought in multiple wars as a foot soldier nothing special(I dont see any issues with that)

well to each pc their own, Jordan would've probably ended up more like Luigi on crack had they gone through the shit your guy went through... wait WAS your guy a reg soldier or a child soldier?

Well thats why hes sarcastic and doesnt fear much(forgot to mention that)

Also @Yobo since people have ok'd the whole power set whats happening with Draigos powers?

I'm going to trust that you will not give out powers that "all aspects" involve 20 different hax, and say yes.

Knowing them... probably, it'll be like daemonbane or masada, everyone's so haxx that no-one has ANY idea wtf's going on... Maybe even Suggs if shittu hittu fannu

Monarch Laciel said:
I'm going to trust that you will not give out powers that "all aspects" involve 20 different hax, and say yes.
i think that stands like Kira has are probably the worst for that, since he was 3 different stands, all of which do different things

Back