• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pathways into the Light Megathread

First_Witch

VS Battles
Retired

Continued from here
7PCQUU4.png

Might as well turn this into a Megathread now.
The RP

Last edited:
Well... Would you believe me if i told you that this is technically the RP being open and all? But I saw no one join in so I just assumed people dont have time right now/Need time to adjust to the Systems.

I find it comical btw that all three of use used completly different meta brackets. Will open up a Meta thread later.

(I was going to make a post, but life got in the way lol)

In the evening as the sunlight fades, a man walked into a tavern, the pommel of his spear making thuds against the ground as he used it as if it were a walking stick. He was a lean man, wearing a suit with a brown gradient, one with much decadence. It was unlike what would typically be worn even by the more noble citizens of the region, and his demeanor supplemented the idea that he was foreign to the region. Even still, people had recognized him. He was here already for about a week, investigating and aiding officers in their endeavors to keep the peace and crack down on crime. However, now he approached the captain of the force to have words with him.

A short exchange, notifying him of several officers that were using their status to get around the law he had apprehended and gathered evidence against- which he promptly dropped off in addition to his badge- and a resignation. At least, for right now. He couldn't explain why he felt as though he had to go, and so decided not to try. Giving a farewell, he headed off with a severance package of 25 gold, giving him 50 pieces in total. With that, he left the region, making his way into the darkness, into the night.

Well... Would you believe me if i told you that this is technically the RP being open and all? But I saw no one join in so I just assumed people dont have time right now/Need time to adjust to the Systems.

I find it comical btw that all three of use used completly different meta brackets. Will open up a Meta thread later.
(I knew it was the meta thread, I just wanted someone else to start first since I wasn't sure how I wanted to lead into it with the starter, I'll post in a bit.)

... Is this a prank- Son I'm literally the guy who planned this whole thing, Im literally the RP host. Aint coming back for the forseeable future.
Hey....
Second chances, exist there are.
Only try, you must.

I lacked the drive and the power to run this. I lacked the hunger and got devoured by the weights of my own expectations. I just coudnt put in the work nor hours to make this mine.
Expectation and hunger matters not.

Important, having fun is.

(I just wasn't sure where to go with the starter at first, but that was it, I was hype. I never even knew there was any other sort of issue until FW said that they were unprepared and all that.)

(I just wasn't sure where to go with the starter at first, but that was it, I was hype. I never even knew there was any other sort of issue until FW said that they were unprepared and all that.)
I honestly stumpled upon far more problems than I could ever imagine with the way I wanted to do this.

Like, for example, imagine a encounter that isnt resolved in a day. Battle is still ongoing and player 1 to 8 are online and participating but not 9 and 10. Do you wait until everyone is online (good luck with that) or do you just continue. But if you do... What to do with the characters who are afk for that fight?

Im figuring things out right now. Too many glaring issues that would have killed the RP while it would run. And a RP killed in the middle of its run is a permanently dead one.

I honestly stumpled upon far more problems than I could ever imagine with the way I wanted to do this.

Like, for example, imagine a encounter that isnt resolved in a day. Battle is still ongoing and player 1 to 8 are online and participating but not 9 and 10. Do you wait until everyone is online (good luck with that) or do you just continue. But if you do... What to do with the characters who are afk for that fight?

Im figuring things out right now. Too many glaring issues that would have killed the RP while it would run. And a RP killed in the middle of its run is a permanently dead one.
I guess that's the issue with timezones and player activity.

But yeah, thats the gist of it. I talked too much too early. This will be on ice, I will not give a ETA and the only thing I can promise is that you will not hear from this project again until it is truly runnable. Oh and that it WILL return.

Oh and dont worry, I will recycle the OP's. So dont worry about running the threads into the ground

But yeah, thats the gist of it. I talked too much too early. This will be on ice, I will not give a ETA and the only thing I can promise is that you will not hear from this project again until it is truly runnable. Oh and that it WILL return.

Oh and dont worry, I will recycle the OP's. So dont worry about running the threads into the ground
Will you post another RP?

(Alright so... I'll do my intro first I guess.)

Deft movements stalked the light, and then the shadows...

"Raise your head, Kaltharia. You can do more..." the woman thought, her black and gray look fitting in with almost invisible perfection, her grey eyes narrowing as she just kept walking, all she worked for was laying here with each step, and she avoided any unnecessary conflicts she didn't need for water and food all this time, she couldn't make out anything in the mist, but she could breathe, and she could hear clearly, so that was something... something she used by making herself as quiet as possible and listening closely, she felt like she was so close to her destination, she knew she was!
Wrong thread.

Hey First which, what happens when 2 rogues(or Asassins I forgot) fight? Do they just appear behind eachother to infinity? And if so, infinite speed for the whole RP?

Ugh why do you remind me of this-

There is no fighting between players- You will have enough bloodshed later on.

Why do you even want to fight other players, we are literally in the prologe-

Ugh why do you remind me of this-

There is no fighting between players- You will have enough bloodshed later on.

Why do you even want to fight other players, we are literally in the prologe-
But infinite speed!

Also the express intention of my character isn't to fight here lol-

But infinite speed!

Also the express intention of my character isn't to fight here lol-
Oh so you really did make just a gameplay question? Golly me huh.

Right, in case you met a enemy that has Assassin skills lets see. Depends on the type of encounter really. Assuming its a group fight, no that would not happen. Both Assassins would teleport into the backline of their respective enemy group i.e you will jump the fartherst enemy and the enemy assassin will jump your mates the furthest behind.

In a boss fight, you would always jump to their backside while they would jump to your teams backline, which would switch around every round because of dynamic battlefield rules. In case of a rare 1 vs 1, you take turns each to jump into each others backlines lol

Back