• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

VTubers: The Cursed, the Cringe, and the Profileable

Seriously though, your take is so bad because it quite literally ignores the fact that hololive is its own company. It owns the personas that the girls take on, and there are quite literally extensive lore for a good bunch of them.

Sorry if my writing sucks, power outage, no interwebs. On phone right now which has infinite data.

Didn't sound like it since you didn't quote their post, so I thought you were disagreeing with me which now makes no sense lol

So like, just based on the profiles, I'm getting the impression that the "lore" just exists to explain the character, given that streaming is part of their lore and mentioned on their pages, so yeah this really feels like if PewDiePie or Jackscepticeye made a VTuber model and gave it some back story in a video (They even read like the pages we have for YouTubers over on JBW). Hololive being a company is irrelevant, and when/if they do make an anime featuring VTubers, then those would be fine, but profiles for their streaming personas are a no for me.

We've literally been talking in the thread about how it doesn't just exist to explain the characters and how they have literally stories with lore that separates them from their streaming personality completely.

But again, this is very subjective so I can't like actually disprove you :/

So like, just based on the profiles, I'm getting the impression that the "lore" just exists to explain the character, given that streaming is part of their lore and mentioned on their pages, so yeah this really feels like if PewDiePie or Jackscepticeye made a VTuber model and gave it some back story in a video (They even read like the pages we have for YouTubers over on JBW). Hololive being a company is irrelevant, and when/if they do make an anime featuring VTubers, then those would be fine, but profiles for their streaming personas are a no for me.
it's more like profiles for the animated episodes + the lore stuff

it's more like profiles for the animated episodes + the lore stuff
This, indeed.
I'm getting the impression that the "lore" just exists to explain the character, given that streaming is part of their lore and mentioned on their pages
The pages for PewDiePie and Ninja mention streaming and making videos as well. But the additional narrative and lore bits separate the characters from the person portraying them. This is the same case for Silvervale and Hime.

Ironmouse's quote talks about streaming, but that's just because I used a quote from the streamer. That's part of the whole deal with me not taking the pseudo-profiles super seriously. If I end up being able to publish the pages, then I'd clean them up.

Yeah, I'm all for V-tuber characters with extensive lore and outside material to work with.

Also, people calling them glorified OCs are misinformed at best, and downright rude at worst. How can you say that characters owned by a company, with official story material, are OCs at best when we have literal webshows and webcomics on this site? That seems like a clear case of bias.

Also a reminder that we're not allowing all Vtubers but rather just those Vtubers that have extensive lore and/or other media that details their characters.

I am not sure about VShojo, others can explain why they're valid.

But Hololive literally has Holo no Graffiti, an ongoing ONA series with 100+ episodes. Seems like Seol404 isn't aware of this since it wasn't in the OP, but I did mention this earlier.

I'm not really sure about those. I have very limited knowledge of Nijisanji who has a shit ton of Vtubers.
The Haachama Saga might be included, but it depends. The best bet of Hololive being accepted is basing it off HoloGra, but I dunno if HoloGra acknowledges the Haachama Saga.

As of now we only have the Hololive Graffiti series and possibly Hololive alternative which already has a manga in the works by the goblin slayer artist. So they’re likely the only part of Vtubers that have the best shot at having pages here.

Well, along with characterization, it's also a matter of stats. We don't want a bunch of cute faces with 10-B ratings and no powers.
It's the same reason why slice of life anime characters aren't allowed. but yumeko jabami is a-okay ahahahhaha I ******* HATE THIS

Well, along with characterization, it's also a matter of stats. We don't want a bunch of cute faces with 10-B ratings and no powers.
It's the same reason why slice of life anime characters aren't allowed. but yumeko jabami is a-okay ahahahhaha I ******* HATE THIS
Well it has feats like Korone stabbing the sun or more recently, Suisei and Kanata circling the earth multiple times within a few seconds. There's Haachama cloning herself, teleporting others with her beams, and Fubuki becoming a kaiju and was implied to have destroyed a city.

I'm quite sure they have a lot other notable feats. The show surprisingly has ample of them.

The few VShojo girls which, I am arguing, are valid to have pages for actually have quite a few abilities. That's one of the few aspects of the pseudo-profiles I took seriously. While only one has a feat I think could give her an actual number for AP, the others have statements of human bodies and even the planet not being able to contain their power. For whatever that may or may not be worth.

Well it has feats like Korone stabbing the sun or more recently, Suisei and Kanata circling the earth multiple times within a few seconds. There's Haachama cloning herself, teleporting others with her beams, and Fubuki becoming a kaiju and was implied to have destroyed a city.

I'm quite sure they have a lot other notable feats. The show surprisingly has ample of them.
Sources for these feats?

While I'm not entirely sure having profiles about characters from non-combat franchies is a good idea, we do actually have few of them already. So, count me to agree to have profiles based on Vtubers who have proper lore and series.

@Seol404 This clip has the earth circling feat and this one has the kaiju feat. The rest idk where since I haven’t seen everything.
This one had the Haachama stuff, this one had the Korone sun stab thing.
I think Haachama have planet-busting feats but they were video in her channel, so I'm unsure if it's fine to associate it with Hologra. Shion's profile itself though says she can bust the planet, I think, which is more valid.

Bump

It sounds like hololive is going to be approved. Happy for those people.

But my intent is to give VShojo profiles as well; I want to know what's keeping that from being accepted so I can reiterate my case.

Back