• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Cursed Energy Addition

Thats not the point.
Just correcting
Yeah but overloading someone's brain with never-ending information isn't something you can regenerate against.
Does it cause a permanent damage?
No, because even humans can recover from it let alone people who can regenerate their brain.

It's not even infinite information as in knowledge. It's just the brain getting overloaded with sensory information.

Did anyone gain knowledge from UV?

Does it cause a permanent damage?
No, because even humans can recover from it let alone people who can regenerate their brain.

It's not even infinite information as in knowledge. It's just the brain getting overloaded with sensory information.

Did anyone gain knowledge from UV?
I still fails to see how this leads to the conclusion that you can simply regenerate from said stuff. You said it yourself that the brain is overloaded with sensory information, so its not a physical attack that you can regenerate from. You cannot deal with that information/perception stuff by healing the physical brain, it won't work.

This logic also falls apart when you considered that cursed spirit needs to be conscious to heal themself with cursed energy, in which they become unable to because Unlimited Void stuns them mentally. Their regeneration/healing is a manual thing.

I still fails to see how this leads to the conclusion that you can simply regenerate from said stuff. You said it yourself that the brain is overloaded with sensory information, so its not a physical attack that you can regenerate from. You cannot deal with that information/perception stuff by healing the physical brain, it won't work.
What does UV damage?
This logic also falls apart when you considered that cursed spirit needs to be conscious to heal themself with cursed energy, in which they become unable to because Unlimited Void stuns them mentally. Their regeneration/healing is a manual thing.
Humans can't regenerate and they still heal from it after a few months.

The brain, so? Its not like they are stunned because their brain is damaged, they cannot do anything because they are forced to proccess never-ending information.
Still didn't answer, is it permanent ?

It's not infinite because it take time otherwise everyone will be dead, and remind how could human recover from it and how long it took them?

Recovering faster than a human doesn't mean they have resistance to it.
Yeah, so its not a regeneration thing. They recovered mentally.
They literally have brains and organs just a spiritual, what else do you want?

UV works on the brain not the mind. Show UV not needing a brain to work on someone.

Still didn't answer, is it permanent ?

It's not infinite because it take time otherwise everyone will be dead, and remind how could human recover from it and how long it took them?
I don't need to answer because we all know the answer. Are you still fixed on that infinite information thing? because infinite information and never-ending information are both two very different thing. The latter suggest continuous information overload, which didn't happen in Shibuya since Gojo wanted the human to survive and sets it to 0.2 second.

The human manually processed the 6-months worth of information and mentally recover 2 weeks after the Shibuya incident, although the narrator stated it would take them 2 months iirc.

Recovering faster than a human doesn't mean they have resistance to it.
They can process the information faster and suffer less effect, thats definitely some form of resistance even if it limited.

They literally have brains and organs just a spiritual, what else do you want?
I have no idea what does this means

UV works on the brain not the mind. Show UV not needing a brain to work on someone.
The fact that UV worked on Megumi's soul??

jjk_230_005.png

I don't need to answer because we all know the answer. Are you still fixed on that infinite information thing?
That's all you need to say.
because infinite information and never-ending information are both two very different thing. The latter suggest continuous information overload, which didn't happen in Shibuya since Gojo wanted the human to survive and sets it to 0.2 second.
Since when could Gojo control how his UV ? He can't even control his target.
Are saying humans could survive instant load of infinite information ?

Does Gojo's DE send instant infinite information or nonstop information ?

The human manually processed the 6-months worth of information and mentally recover 2 weeks after the Shibuya incident, although the narrator stated it would take them 2 months iirc.
How did they recover ?

They can process the information faster and suffer less effect, thats definitely some form of resistance even if it limited.
Scan?
I have no idea what does this means
It never shown targetting anything other than the brain ?
The fact that UV worked on Megumi's soul??
In JJK, soul has shape, brains, eyes, limbs...
not surprised they have a brain or wearing clothes.

Cursed spirit don't have a physical body and it still work by targetting their spiritual brain, I'm pretty sure the mind is suppose to be abstract.

Since when could Gojo control how his UV ? He can't even control his target.
Are saying humans could survive instant load of infinite information ?
Do you genuinely trolling me or you have no knowledge of the anime/manga?

I'm talking about Gojo setting his domain to activate for only 0.2 second and limiting the information overload.

Does Gojo's DE send instant infinite information or nonstop information ?
nonstop information, dude I been saying "never-ending" information for like three times now.

How did they recover ?
The manga doesn't explicitly explain that.

OP

It never shown targetting anything other than the brain ?
Megumi's soul

In JJK, soul has shape, brains, eyes, limbs...
not surprised they have a brain or wearing clothes.

Cursed spirit don't have a physical body and it still work by targetting their spiritual brain, I'm pretty sure the mind is suppose to be abstract.
Cursed Spirit does have physical body, thats why Yuji and Maki can punch them (but not hurt them) without cursed energy.

Ok so now you're saying that Cursed Spirit can regenerate their soul? Even though Mahito, who is the closest to soul stuff amongst the Disaster Curses, cannot even do that?

I don't know man, cursed spirit being able to regenerating their spiritual brain seems more far-fetched than they can simply suffer less effect from UV due to different brain structure.

Do you genuinely trolling me or you have no knowledge of the anime/manga?
You're the one who said it
because infinite information and never-ending information are both two very different thing. The latter suggest continuous information overload, which didn't happen in Shibuya since Gojo wanted the human to survive and sets it to 0.2 second.
Yes Gojo control the Activation time. But since when he control the type of informatin in his DE ?
I'm talking about Gojo setting his domain to activate for only 0.2 second and limiting the information overload.
That's what I leant, the more time they stayed in his domain the more information get put in their brain. Putting a normal human in UV for just 0.2 second will require few months to recover from it. Cursed spirits just recover faster.

Where is the resistance ?
nonstop information, dude I been saying "never-ending" information for like three times now.
My bad
The brain, so? Its not like they are stunned because their brain is damaged, they cannot do anything because they are forced to proccess never-ending information.
Like somekind of information loop?
They get stunned by it too, they just recover faster.
The manga doesn't explicitly explain that.
So why are assuming they resist info type 1? which has less proof than them just recovering faster because they can regenerate.

All I see is just that Cursed spirit recover faster which is just regeneration. But I could agree with limited resistance.
Megumi's soul
The soul and body are kind weird in JJK.

Sukuna was still possessing Megumi's body and hasn't restored his original body yet, and they had a brain.
Cursed Spirit does have physical body, thats why Yuji and Maki can punch them (but not hurt them) without cursed energy.
I forgot about that. They will also get one shot if they touch Maho's knive.
Ok so now you're saying that Cursed Spirit can regenerate their soul? Even though Mahito, who is the closest to soul stuff amongst the Disaster Curses, cannot even do that?
Not even close, I meant they are not technically souls. Their cused energy body function the same a physical. They need their brain to think, their eyes to see, their hands and mouth to use CT... Is this a soul?

I'm pretty sure the soul isn't made from CE unlike Cursed Spirit.

Yes Gojo control the Activation time. But since when he control the type of informatin in his DE ?
I didn't said he controlled the type of information, he limits the amount of it by only setting the duration of the domain.

That's what I leant, the more time they stayed in his domain the more information get put in their brain. Putting a normal human in UV for just 0.2 second will require few months to recover from it. Cursed spirits just recover faster.

Where is the resistance ?
There. And the fact that Gege said that this is due to their different brain structure, seems to imply their brain are stronger than human's leading to faster recovery from UV.

Like somekind of information loop?
The brain is forced to process information non-stop so it could not think/do anything else (basically).

They get stunned by it too, they just recover faster.
Thats why its limited.

So why are assuming they resist info type 1? which has less proof than them just recovering faster because they can regenerate.
Regenerating is more far-fetched. Especially since we're talking about overloading the brain with continuous information non-stop, which can't be exactly handled by simply regenerating the brain.

All I see is just that Cursed spirit recover faster which is just regeneration. But I could agree with limited resistance.
Aight

There. And the fact that Gege said that this is due to their different brain structure, seems to imply their brain are stronger than human's leading to faster recovery from UV.
You know, alot of characters in this wiki are superhumans.

How is this gonna work in a match against someone like Accelerator or character who can process information better than regular human?

Will UV be less effective on anyone with a higher perception and processing power than a normal human? (Another weakness)

Regenerating is more far-fetched. Especially since we're talking about overloading the brain with continuous information non-stop, which can't be exactly handled by simply regenerating the brain.
Are you sure ?

I always though of UV as somekind of loop, where the victim experience sensory information repeatedly until his brain is damaged. But there is no evidence fo it.

Agree for now

You know, alot of characters in this wiki are superhumans.

How is this gonna work in a match against someone like Accelerator or character who can process information better than regular human?

Will UV be less effective on anyone with a higher perception and processing power than a normal human? (Another weakness)
Probably, yeah

But that won't matter much since Gojo can just prolonged the duration of the domain as long as possible until their brain cannot handle the massive amount of information.

Agree for now
Nice

Back