• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

VTubers: The Cursed, the Cringe, and the Profileable

You know what, this whole thread made me realize, if we aren't allowed to have AVGN and V-Tubers, why in the heck we're allowed to have annoying orange in first place?

I really wish you'd all stop bringing up AVGN. I've addressed numerous times, in the OP and discussion, why they're not the same.

AVGN has no lore, nothing to separate him from James Rolfe, outside of occasional skits here and there and a more exaggerated personality compared to the person playing him. There is no blatant intention to separate the two.

For certain VTubers, this is not the case. I'm going to keep going back to the VShojo girls cuz they're the only ones I keep up with. Silvervale, the one you see reacting and gaming live and on YouTube, is very different from the Sakura spirit in her videos. Again, I point to the fact she's never referred to as Silvervale in the lore videos. It seems apparent, through these videos entirely dedicated to crafting the character, that the intention is to create a separate character from the performer.

Also this isn't about the AO so please discuss that elsewhere.

I really wish you'd all stop bringing up AVGN. I've addressed numerous times, in the OP and discussion, why they're not the same.

AVGN has no lore, nothing to separate him from James Rolfe, outside of occasional skits here and there and a more exaggerated personality compared to the person playing him. There is no blatant intention to separate the two.

For certain VTubers, this is not the case. I'm going to keep going back to the VShojo girls cuz they're the only ones I keep up with. Silvervale, the one you see reacting and gaming live and on YouTube, is very different from the Sakura spirit in her videos. Again, I point to the fact she's never referred to as Silvervale in the lore videos. It seems apparent, through these videos entirely dedicated to crafting the character, that the intention is to create a separate character from the performer.

Also this isn't about the AO so please discuss that elsewhere.
I can and would argue against this, but your right, we shouldn't derail. There honestly can't be a conclusion here, it's far to subjective and we have no real criteria or rules on it.

Yeah except I'm not accepting no conclusion. Because if I just let this die without reaching a conclusion then I'm left without the ability to make these profiles - something I'd obviously very much like to do.

I don't see how this is any more subjective than, what, 90% of what gets debated on in this wiki. Don't get me wrong, it is subjective, but it's completely possible to reach a conclusion on. I mean, just look at the thread where verses with lewd content were nuked. Even though there were plenty of people who still disagreed with it, a conclusion was reached nonetheless.

Meh, you do whatever. Honestly, it's not about the subjectivity of the topic, it's more about how there are many people on each side with varying opinions. It isn't impossible, but as of now, with so many people with opinions, reaching a good conclusion will be pretty freaking hard without any sort of criteria or rules about the subject.

We should call someone with an unbiased opinion of the vtubers as many wouldn't want any vtuber profiles simply because they hate them for whatever reason.

I am currently neutral on this because i don't watch vtubers

I just need to see what they meant. I keep hearing it but all i see is a guy talking about video games
There are multiple AVGN skits and episodes with their own unique stories, and the nerd is an entirely different character to James Rolfe since James doesn't go around ******** on video games, screaming like a lunatic, causing worldwide earthquakes by yelling "****", and did I mention ******** on video games?

But again, this isn't about AVGN.

EDIT: Forgot a few things. James doesn't eat his own shorts, play games with a clone he made out of his own feces, fight ghost n' goblins using curse words, fight a devil, fight bugs bunny, reach magicant and becoming one with the universe after playing earthbound and visiting his childhood, and I could go on

Last edited:
Iirc there's a whole mini web series with hundred of episodes about Vtubers' characters in actual scenarios, guess this one could be indexed.

For the record, I would greatly appreciate if nobody else derails the thread with “haha vtuber bad” jokes. Any further will be deleted on sight.

Edit: I have gone back and deleted all off-topic, meme posts from before, so anyone reading this thread can do so comprehensively.

Last edited:
I mean if those are original characters with an actual story then wouldn't it be logical to add them? I mean the only reason the Dream smp isn't added is because it all happens in Minecraft and the series doesn't have the blessing of the game makers (like the one red vs blue has)

Idk the reason why AVGN has no profile but it is probably because it is skits and not something that has full on lore and stuff related to other games. Idk do. I would add it personally.

Someone mentioned annoying orange and why the profiles exist, but I'm pretty sure annoying orange is a whole ass series on it's own.

Just because something isn't a full on licensed show/game doesn't mean it has no right to be indexed, especially if they use original characters. We aren't vslicenses wikia we are vsbattles wikia.

I cant talk for V-Shoujo, but at least in Hololives case there is a fully animated show made by the Company behind it with continuety, based on the girls lore. Anyone with a rundimentary knowledge on Hololive can watch it no problem.

This is not a "Allow all Vtuber threads", because shucker, not every Vtuber is the same. We are not doing profiles for live streamers, we are making them for characters.

If they have an actual story, like a YT series or something dedicated to the character, and aren’t just some streamers that have shown some abilities and such sprinkled in, I’d say it is fine.

though, this is coming from an outsiders perspective.

This is not a "Allow all Vtuber threads", because shucker, not every Vtuber is the same. We are not doing profiles for live streamers, we are making them for characters.
Yes, I agree, as I said in the OP...
Of course, this isn’t me advocating for ALL vtubers to be allowed. Veibae has no lore to speak of, for example. Most of Nyanners’ “lore” is presented ironically and as side comments which are never brought up again; she has no videos dedicated to the story of her character like other examples I’ve given.

AVGN is just a character portrayed by Rofle, not a depiction of Rolfe himself.

uhh. im neutral on this i dont really care if there is going to be profiles for any vtubers aslong if it has good feats

I'm pretty sure this is the same case as WWE. While they may have feats, at the end of the day. Hololive and similar is basically streaming at it's core.

We still have no idea about Holo-Alt gonna be tho, maybe when it's fully revealed then we can do something about it
I know, it's just something to consider for the future if it ever does get developed. Which I honestly doubt it will because idol drama, not anything ongoing mind you can tank viewers/profits. I honestly don't expect it to develop too much but I could also be just as wrong.

I still maintain my stance about this, that Hololive Vtubers can get a profile based on Holo no Graffiti. Much better if someone has compiled feats for it, a respect thread preferably.
But like the others said, a problem with this is several episodes of HoloGra not being available.
I honestly don't expect it to develop too much but I could also be just as wrong.
There are rumors/theories that it's likely just gonna be animated music videos.
People have cooled off a bit about HoloAlt because of the controversy with one of the artists they hired that quit.

Well that seems to make things pretty easy for Hololive. But I'd also like to get approval for the certain VShojo characters I brought up.

Because I have to say, it'd be quite disheartening to get approval for VTubers to have profiles, but not the ones that prompted me to make this thread in the first place.
I mean if those are original characters with an actual story then wouldn't it be logical to add them?
For example, if more people could agree with this logic, then I could make profiles for Silvervale, Ironmouse, and possibly Hime Hajime.

Gonna jump in and say I disagree with them having profiles here, and that they would be much better suited for FC/OC. They are essentially glorified OCs anyway.

Gonna jump in and say I disagree with them having profiles here, and that they would be much better suited for FC/OC. They are essentially glorified OCs anyway.
This is a terrible take. Like, seriously, I just think this is a horrible take on the situation and how V-Tubers are. No offense meant, that's just my opinion.

Back