• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

VS Battles Wiki RPG 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.
ArbitraryNumbers said:
@Cal
My idea is this:

Towards the beginning of the game, you hear that Kirby plushies around the world are being abused. Then you get a telepathic message from me in Authorspace, telling you that it's all because of Azzy. So I send you the coordinates for the location of the portal to his realm. There you face off against tons of outer gods, but you lack the means of harming them so your only choice is to run.

Once you get to the center of Azathoth's realm, you see him sitting on a floating platform with a bunch of shredded Kirby plushies, playing Triple Deluxe on his 3DS. To the left of him is a Nintendo Switch with a copy of Star Allies.

"I freaking hate Kirby", says Azathoth.

Cal and Azathoth fight. Cal wins.

"Ow. You got me", says Azathoth, "You win. No more Kirby abuse for me. I promise to be good now."
I'm choking please send help.

Also even better is the fact that I actually have a Kirby plush. But it's beam Kirby.

@Arbitrary What would the link gate numbers look like in the inventory, just want to see if it's like what I imagined.

I don't really have any screenshots of that, and right now I'm more focused on updating the blog.

But we're going to have plenty of room in it. Trust me.

We need to have a place called "Brazil" where you can find all the Brazilian Users of the website as NPCs.

(Seriously, there's a ton)

I got some lore written. I have a solid idea for who the antagonists should be.

There are a few powerful magistrates known as Sockpuppeteers who create sockpuppets to terrorize nearby land overseas. Their islands are so densely populated that anybody who sets foot on them would never be more than 3 feet away from a sockpuppet.

The sockpuppets would conquer and corrupt entire continents like the verse's equivalents of Africa and South America, so Antvasima punched the planet and moved those continents, along with the Sockpuppet islands, to the other side of the planet.

We could add into the story that Antvasima had to call for a few special teams to go out and rescue users from those continents, Brazil included.

Matthew Schroeder said:
We need to have a place called "Brazil" where you can find all the Brazilian Users of the website as NPCs.
(Seriously, there's a ton)
Mandatory that we include some reference (such as this song) to "Brazil," the Blade Runner-esque film-noir directed by a member of the Monty Python Troupe and considered one of the best movies ever made. Seriously, that film is on more of the filmmakers' Top Ten lists on Criterion collection's website than "Citizen Kane" or "2001: A Space Odyseey," so that should say something.

Alternately, reference to "City of God," since tht's a masterpiece movie that actually was made in Brazil.

Also, I was waiting for socks to be introduced as the antagonists.

Here's another possible location in America: Weabderland, the land for all the J-culture inspired Western verses.

Here you could find stuff like Avatar, Scott Pilgrim, Voltron, The animatrix, RWBY, Power Rangers, Edge of Tomorrow, and more.

"Many years ago, the Admins hunted those possessed by the curse, but there was one that eluded them - the fiercest of all, Jonathanlighter. It was a terrible thing, and my fellow staff members could not defeat it. Some time after, the wankers came to flood the wiki, until a cave-in trapped the men, and woke the curse again. There were dozens of men. Blocked from the wiki, permanently, with no shot at redemption.

They were consumed by their anger at the wiki and driven mad. Harassers! Sockpuppets, creating new accounts. And if you kill this monstrous thing, the spirit is released, and swirls the wiki like an evil wind, waiting to create new accounts again. You best not try to reason with them; I have tried. You can only trap them, taunt them with IP blocks.

And after all these years, after many moons and many hunts, Jonathanlighter still roamed free, out of my grasp, beyond my reach. Until one night, a year ago, I was finally able to get him in my sight, but we were not alone in the Wiki that night.

While I was tracking Jonathan, it was tracking something else. Jonathanlighter harassed and posted **** videos of the Wiki. There was nothing I could do. I couldn't save the Wiki. But I could avenge it. I hunted his Sockpuppets down and I doused them with IP blocks. Jonathan was dead.
"

- Sockpuppet Backstory.

Those who get the reference will gain a cookie.

Jonathan was the user that usually posted on OPM stuff, no?

I wasn't here for that long to now the whole history with Jonathan, because of that, I cant really say much about him or the person who is narrating the story.

But from my understanding, the narrator was also banned, no?

Read between the lines.

The Sockpuppet curse is one with the Wiki. If you block a sock, its spirit is released and swirls the wiki until a normal user is banned and gets angry at his/her ban, which leads to the spirit possessing them, restarting the cycle.

The fiercest and strongest Sock was Jonathan. After he was finally finished off foor good by the staff member who is narrating the story, his spirit was released and circled the wiki until it eventually possessed another user. And since his spirit was the fiercest one, his successor is just as bad, if not worse.

Guess who.

And before Jonathan, the strongest Sock was Mikoto. He was possessed by her spirit. Basically, the Original Sockpuppet is actually VS Battles Wiki itself. Since sockpuppets are a natural devil of the wiki, they have Type 8 immortality.

Now all we need is 2-B feats and it's Khorne vs Sockpuppets up in here

Or, not up in here, FC/OC since this isn't exactly a published work.

Ugh

Eh why not

Still seems more like a creation among friends that belongs in more closed spheres like FC/OC, but I'm not the one sitting on his butt for hours programing the sucker.

Has anyone made sure that Ant (or anyone else who hasn't replied in this thread but I'd gonna be in the game) is fine with being in the game? I remember back when people were making vs wiki page on Joke battles, there was that whole discussion about not making any pages about people without their consent, and the same thing would probably apply here.

I just sent Ant a message on his wall. We'll need a backup plan just in case he says no. Who will fill in the role of the planet's ruler? Should it be Kavpeny? Or should it just be Galaxian Pyron again?

Shouldn't there be a Triumverate over the planet of the 3 most active bearuecrats?

That is to say, Ant, Azzy and Ryu?

Azzy is already one of the main characters, and Azzy himself seems very much in favor of the role I've already given him.

I don't know if Kavpeny would make a good role as the main villain, either. Especially when the antagonist has an army of sockpuppets.

Would it be alright to include Jonathanlighter, Mikoto Misaka, and Mckmal as antagonists in the game? Or are we pretending they don't exist?

Being the Triumverate doesn't mean you can't be a party member though. He can go around exploring the world while he's off duty

I want to propose some attack name:

Unknown tier feat: the "attack" is completely random, and if it will help the user is uncertain. It can be buff, debuff, various tier attack etc.

You probably shouldn't put those sock creators in the game, giving them attention is probably the worst option you can do, it validates their efforts.

Torlikoff said:
You probably shouldn't put those sock creators in the game, giving them attention is what everyone says is the worst option.
I kinda agree

I like the sock puppet spirit idea, but outright naming who they've possessed just gives them the attention they want. Better to leave it unnamed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back