• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

I have a pet peeve with fandom as a whole because I just got banned by one of their bots for 3 months supposedly for spamming wiki creation. I was editing a calc blog I was working on for a serious while. I lost all my progress. I am trying to appeal rn as otherwise I will have to ask a person to create calc blogs for me every time I wanna do sth. Fandom keeps getting shittier and shittier.

My personal pet peeve with the wiki is the users not getting my sarcasm 🗿
To be clear, I'm not suggesting it's a problem with the game.
I was just being sarcastic, lol. Doom Eternal is one of the best FPS games ever created. It has some of the most fun and thrilling gameplay(I literally linked this gameplay video in the previous comment to showcase it). This was in contrast to the game Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing which is considered one of the worst games ever made.

Now this is what I call peak gameplay that stands up to its claim of FTL speed and excellently portrays it. Experiencing FTL speeds in-game is so immersive and engaging. I really wonder why aren't other devs following this example and making great games like this that allows people to truly experience the character and gameplay according to what it is supposed to be in lore. You can feel the love they put into this game, the blood, sweat and tears they have expended to craft this masterpiece. I'd rate it 10/10, heck a 100/10 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
I was literally ******** on it, if it wasn't obvious by the spam of emojis.
The only fun fact about it is that you can drive a truck 18.24 quintillion times faster than light in reverse and the game doesn't have proper collision coded in which is what allows u to achieve such speeds. Basically what were bugs in the game actually became features and also why it is such a meme.

It's a problem with our profiles IMO.
Ehh, if u are trying to really debate whether our profiles are accurate because the gameplay doesn't accurately portray characters according to the source material, then I would tend to disagree here because game devs prioritise good gameplay and mechanics for a better experience for the players, which they obviously should and split lore from gameplay instead of trying to actively merge the two which could result in objectively bad and unbalanced games. Its how the medium works.
In the end, the Creators decide what the lore is and what the character's true level of power and we as powerscalers have to just live with it.

Last edited:
My personal pet peeve with the wiki is the users not getting my sarcasm 🗿

I was just being sarcastic, lol. Doom Eternal is one of the best FPS games ever created. It has some of the most fun and thrilling gameplay(I literally linked this gameplay video in the previous comment to showcase it). This was in contrast to the game Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing which is considered one of the worst games ever made.

I was literally ******** on it, if it wasn't obvious by the spam of emojis.
The only fun fact about it is that you can drive a truck 18.24 quintillion times faster than light in reverse and the game doesn't have proper collision coded in which is what allows u to achieve such speeds. Basically what were bugs in the game actually became features and also why it is such a meme.

Ehh, if u are trying to really debate whether our profiles are accurate because the gameplay doesn't accurately portray characters according to the source material, then I would tend to disagree here because game devs prioritise good gameplay and mechanics which makes for a better experience for the players, which they obviously should and split lore from gameplay instead of trying to actively merge the two which could result in objectively bad and unbalanced games. Its how the medium works.
In the end, the Creators decide what the lore is and what the character's true level of power and we as powerscalers have to just live with it.
Mftl+ truck 😵

I was just being sarcastic
Of course, I just wanted to clarify.

Ehh, if u are trying to really debate whether our profiles are accurate because the gameplay doesn't accurately portray characters according to the source material, then I would tend to disagree here because game devs prioritise good gameplay and mechanics for a better experience for the players, which they obviously should and split lore from gameplay instead of trying to actively merge the two which could result in objectively bad and unbalanced games. Its how the medium works.
I'm not envisioning a world in which only gameplay mechanics are truly considered, but that video games often have the most egregious gap between what is actually in the story and what is on the profiles. But IMO its not usually a result of the authors/devs wanting the characters to be that strong/fast etc but more of an issue with how we tend to approach feats and antifeats.

Couldn't agree more. It's so immersion breaking when the gameplay doesn't match with the stats indexed in VS Battles wiki. Like I can't even imagine how people are okay with devs not making gameplay accurate to lore. And Doomguy is supposed to be immeasurable according to source material.
Does this look like immeasurable to you. Looking at the gameplay, I'd say Subsonic (ewww:sick:, so gross🤮) at best if we are being generous, I'd rate it 0/10 for there being such a gap in lore and portrayal in gameplay.

Now this is what I call peak gameplay that stands up to its claim of FTL speed and excellently portrays it. Experiencing FTL speeds in-game is so immersive and engaging. I really wonder why aren't other devs following this example and making great games like this that allows people to truly experience the character and gameplay according to what it is supposed to be in lore. You can feel the love they put into this game, the blood, sweat and tears they have expended to craft this masterpiece. I'd rate it 10/10, heck a 100/10 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
common Big Rig W

But then again, I just prefer the paragraph formatting to the bulletpoint listing (if anything it just makes it look like a list for when you're shopping groceries lol) for P&As, as it's just less work

Ngl the fact that profiles with a wall of abilities still exist is my pet peeve. Like, wall of abilities profiles literally hurt to look at imo.
Could make it more... Organized maybe

Like a type of tabber for it's element type abilities, it's magic abilities and stuff like that or tabber of it's ability achieved at different levels or something similar

basically making it similar to a game ui if possible 🙈

Couldn't agree more. It's so immersion breaking when the gameplay doesn't match with the stats indexed in VS Battles wiki. Like I can't even imagine how people are okay with devs not making gameplay accurate to lore. And Doomguy is supposed to be immeasurable according to source material.
Does this look like immeasurable to you. Looking at the gameplay, I'd say Subsonic (ewww:sick:, so gross🤮) at best if we are being generous, I'd rate it 0/10 for there being such a gap in lore and portrayal in gameplay.

This is nothing
Super Mario 64 has a parallel universe and portrays it in-game and has to move at ridiculous speed to cross across to reach parallel universe just to move 5 meters or cross a wall to circumvent blockage by using speed above lightspeed

only thing worse than that is profiles with unexplained ways of scaling someone to specific tier like i want to know how is someone N dimensional and the only feat shown is fighting someone or relative to someone and thats all
usually cosmology blogs should be listed in the verse's page. That or you can just look at previous matches involving the character and pick the locked match made by a newbie who put that character against a popular Tier 1 character (Like Anos or Kratos)

This is nothing
Super Mario 64 has a parallel universe and portrays it in-game and has to move at ridiculous speed to cross across to reach parallel universe just to move 5 meters or cross a wall to circumvent blockage by using speed above lightspeed

But is Mario faster than 12.3 Undecillion MPH or over 18 quintillion times the speed of light and be on every point of the map simultaneously? 🗿

Pet Peeve:

Seen this happen a few times, where someone will aggressively argue a match-up is a “stomp” the moment their arguments on why a character wins are dismantled.

The compete 180 turn just so their guy doesn't get a loss on their profile.
Counterpoint

People will claim how the match is a stomp in favor of their character, then when it's known that "this is a stomp, it can't be added", people act as if the enemy has a counter against the mf who they just said would get stomped in every way possible

Last edited:
Voting for a character in a match you made. It just feels weird, even if there's nothing wrong with it.

I don't like voting for my own characters either in matches, but sometimes you just have no choice if it's almost about to reach the grace requirement if no-one else is voting despite multiple bumps you make

Ngl being really into battleboarding has kind of ruined my enjoyment of VS fights, not just here but in general
I think being a part of this website has made me dislike vs debates elsewhere. Here, we have the profiles to go by, and if we disagree with something, we make content revision threads to try and fix what we thought was wrong. Elsewhere, it's kind of a free for all.

I think being a part of this website has made me dislike vs debates elsewhere. Here, we have the profiles to go by, and if we disagree with something, we make content revision threads to try and fix what we thought was wrong. Elsewhere, it's kind of a free for all.
That is ultimately why I gravitated to this site rather than others, because the same arguments will just repeat themselves forever without that model. Not that there aren't repeated arguments but I think its a huge improvement.

In many other places it quickly devolves into "You're wrong because I say so", "Your arguments are invalid because I don't believe in them", then more concerned about the other person being wrong than actually proving anything.

dishonesty is not an option unlike most battleboarding sites
Yeah you actually have to put more thought and effort into the dishonesty here.

(Looks back at all those instances of elaborate wankery during the wiki's history)

But setting that aside, it is true that this website puts, at least, some significant emphasis on integrity, as that is supposed to be inherent as we are an indexing powerscaling community first, the battleboarding is second.
Other sites are just forums, so they don't have the impetus to play by the same rules.

Back