• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

Let me tell you a little secret

I judge whether I will speak on a verse on a number of criteria- nothing hard-set, purely vibes.

If it is less-known, that bumps it up in my estimations. I'd rather work on something less-known than Minecraft or Marvel.

The exception to the above is anime or other weeb-content. I find that the more obscure it is, most often it becomes less agreeable to me.

But if you have like a novel you need eyes on, shit brother, send it my way.

if you send too much I may start ignoring you, however, sorry

I judge whether I will speak on a verse on a number of criteria- nothing hard-set, purely vibes.

If it is less-known, that bumps it up in my estimations. I'd rather work on something less-known than Minecraft or Marvel.

The exception to the above is anime or other weeb-content. I find that the more obscure it is, most often it becomes less agreeable to me.

Average Mr. Bambu W

Unfortunately it is weeb shit, It's Tokyo Ghoul. I thought it would gain more traction because in my head Tokyo Ghoul is a mainstream series but like 4 people have commented in the month its been up. It's a really simple calc change as well which even non-calc members would be able to look at and understand. This is it if you wanna comment. https://vsbattles.com/threads/tokyo-ghoul-8-b-calculation-update.164380/

I thought Tokyo Ghoul was popular, too

I may deign to speak on it, really tend to avoid weeb stuff where I can but I do pity the victims of bureaucracy

I thought Tokyo Ghoul was popular, too

I may deign to speak on it, really tend to avoid weeb stuff where I can but I do pity the victims of bureaucracy
What do you normally specialize in? Most common fantasy (which i consider fairy tales) verses or.....?

What do you normally specialize in? Most common fantasy (which i consider fairy tales) verses or.....?
anything that's good

(I'll engage in sci-fi, modern, fantasy, horror, whatever- I just really don't ******' like anime, and wouldn't normally gravitate towards capeshit, either. Fantasy would be my favorite, for sure)

the mod work payload would be a lot smaller if people understood everything from the get-go smh
Real.

It's either you babble short stuff that knowledgeable people would understand but mods don't

Or you babble wall of text to explain everything and any mod would be overwhelmed from it and wouldn't bother reading and evaluating

I'm getting real sick of DT's pages. They call him 007 - 0 scans, 0 references, 7 hundred paragraphs in the NA&T section.
ZomboMeme_05032024141400.jpg

To change your pfp you can click on your name on the top right of the screen and click on where your current profile picture is to change it. To change your banner you click the blue "edit profile banner" button on your profile's wall.
Thanks! I was looking forever on where the edit pfp section was in settings but I guess I never hovered my cursor over the pfp itself, kicking myself in the butt rn.

-Have a big CRT for a small verse
-want agreements fast with your homie
-ask many staff members
-nobody comes
-want help
-get idea
-ask your homie to help
-start fake beef in the thread
-get heated
-report each other
-start massive beef in rvr
-get warned
-staff see the thread
-actually comment on it
-get CRT accepted
-profit?
On it.

Definitely (even i'm a victim of this at times), even though it depends on what the context is about.
I think it also depends on how it’s approached. Like, I’ve seen cases of people (for a lack of better phrasing) “taking the piss” with downgrade threads they make and treating them as some sort of victory. I feel it’s a lot more nuanced than just “people don’t like downgrades/upgrades” at times

I think it also depends on how it’s approached. Like, I’ve seen cases of people (for a lack of better phrasing) “taking the piss” with downgrade threads they make and treating them as some sort of victory. I feel it’s a lot more nuanced than just “people don’t like downgrades/upgrades” at times
Usually the reason why people hate downgrades is because they work so damn hard to research the characters and trying as hard as they can to make it as accurate as possible. And you get the feeling that other people just wants to mess everything up.

Usually the reason why people hate downgrades is because they work so damn hard to research the characters and trying as hard as they can to make it as accurate as possible. And you get the feeling that other people just wants to mess everything up.
I mean yeah, that’s how it is at times, though other times it is legitimately just that they want higher ratings. Either way it results in a very “us vs. them” mentality

Back