• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

I always got the impression that video games are just as susceptible as novels when it comes to powerscaling inflation, with shared factors causing that.
They are obviously fundamentally different media, but lots that fall on intersecting genres rely on statements, sometimes from WoG sources, that aren't reflected on the gameplay or actual events in the story.

Well, that's why I steer clear away from them in the first place.

Make pages for things you like and try to be as honest and fair as possible. Even if that means you end up working on anime power scaling.

Video game verses are always weird to me insofar as they are often represent some of the most blatant gaps between the source material and our profiles, because the game play is absolutely nothing like what is being implied on our site. Like Doomguy, for instance.
Couldn't agree more. It's so immersion breaking when the gameplay doesn't match with the stats indexed in VS Battles wiki. Like I can't even imagine how people are okay with devs not making gameplay accurate to lore. And Doomguy is supposed to be immeasurable according to source material.
Does this look like immeasurable to you. Looking at the gameplay, I'd say Subsonic (ewww:sick:, so gross🤮) at best if we are being generous, I'd rate it 0/10 for there being such a gap in lore and portrayal in gameplay.

Now this is what I call peak gameplay that stands up to its claim of FTL speed and excellently portrays it. Experiencing FTL speeds in-game is so immersive and engaging. I really wonder why aren't other devs following this example and making great games like this that allows people to truly experience the character and gameplay according to what it is supposed to be in lore. You can feel the love they put into this game, the blood, sweat and tears they have expended to craft this masterpiece. I'd rate it 10/10, heck a 100/10 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Back