• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

But if you ask someone on r/character rant they'll probably tell you that we wank everyone to high heaven and then go on a rant about how Kratos caps at wall level
And also say… 😃 stop taking it too seriously, it’s not meant to be taken that way, the creator didn’t even think about that (even when there’s evidence and is blatantly a feat that they did meant to be taken as such)

I've been unsealed.

Anyways you wanna know what really grinds my gears?
The latest new members that have been joining. There's this weird mix of people who either think everything is corrupt and wank or corrupt and downplay. It kinda goes to show that vsbw is more of a mix of both somewhat heightened and lowered tiers but in the end it just really annoys me.
It's pretty widespread across all of battleboarding but I think the valuable lesson here is that we only worry about our own kind and not about what some rando powerscaler thinks of us or whether he thinks reddit is the bastion of all powerscaling.

None of the powerscaling communities will ever see eye-to-eye on many things. And that's perfectly fine. But it's when they start invading our space with their bullshit without knowing how we operate that is problematic. Like, IDK, you could just... ******* leave? Because we're never going to conform to your standards and they won't to ours, so let's just live separately from each other peacefully, yeah?

Reddit is a nuthouse when it comes to powerscaling. Peak disingenuousness for the sake of it.
yee tho I mostly see that argument with semi popular youtubers/content creators and is even more annoying as the virus spreads rapidly 🙉 and no one can correct it because it's protected by a video so gg

yee tho I mostly see that argument with semi popular youtubers/content creators and is even more annoying as the virus spreads rapidly 🙉 and no one can correct it because it's protected by a video so gg
Like bro. Who cares what some rando-ass YT thinks. We're busy enough trying to root out misconduct on our site.

A pet peeve I have on this wiki is that newcomers pull up to this wiki beating their chest and shouting all sorts of stuff thinking they know everything and that they can just enact site-wide changes right off the fly without reading a single rule about how we operate on this wiki (Usually accompanied with dogshite CharacterRant threads) and then they double down on the dismissiveness and rudeness with their silly little headcanons and then get triggered when staff disagree with it en masse because we don't find any of it logical or reasonable and then tell them to stop it immediately or face the consequences.

A pet peeve I have on this wiki is that newcomers pull up to this wiki beating their chest and shouting all sorts of stuff thinking they know everything and that they can just enact site-wide changes right off the fly without reading a single rule about how we operate on this wiki (Usually accompanied with dogshite CharacterRant threads) and then they double down on the dismissiveness and rudeness with their silly little headcanons and then get triggered when staff disagree with it en masse because we don't find any of it logical or reasonable and then tell them to stop it immediately or face the consequences.
lol.

Well I'm not sure if I really agree with that mindset. Going by this same logic, the fact that they made bullets/lightning/light able to be dodged would show an intent for the player character to be at such speeds, wouldn't it? On the contrary to what you're saying, I don't think using game limitations to disqualify certain kinds of feats is exactly appropriate.

Also the Breath of the Wild example doesn't exactly hold up given that Link has a Relativistic feat from intercepting a Guardian's laser in an Age of Calamity cutscene
I guess they could have made them instant.

I never debated before joining this site. I just looked up I believe it was The One Above all from Marvel comics because I was talking about how crazy the cosmology was when saw his profile here on the wiki. From there on I kinda grew a desire to chart a characters powers and abilities and I finally joined here not to long ago but not before lurking for about half a year.

It's amazing how things in battleboarding can make you feel amazed, appalled, bewildered, and unsurprised, all at the same time. Like the fact that after all these years, the HST fanbases still rank high among the most toxic.
(Not specifically here, but in general).

It's amazing how things in battleboarding can make you feel amazed, appalled, bewildered, and unsurprised, all at the same time. Like the fact that after all these years, the HST fanbases still rank high among the most toxic.
(Not specifically here, but in general).
And here is another pet peeve of mine, acronyms I don't know being thrown around like common knowledge

Back