• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Making a really good looking thread with a story wrote out and everything until finding out that there was a hard to notice calc that makes the AP difference way too big. Seriously people, it's not hard to link your calcs to a page.
What do you mean, they are linked to the page.... well a page, you just have to go through the link that scales them to another character, then the link which scales that character to another character, then a link which scales them to another character, then accidentally take a link back to the first character because they both scale, then a link from the previous character to another character, then you finally get a link to the last character with the proper calc linked which has multiple ends all within the same tier and the person who approved it didn't specify which end to use so it's either a workable thread or a stomp depending on the end.

What do you mean, they are linked to the page.... well a page, you just have to go through the link that scales them to another character, then the link which scales that character to another character, then a link which scales them to another character, then accidentally take a link back to the first character because they both scale, then a link from the previous character to another character, then you finally get a link to the last character with the proper calc linked which has multiple ends all within the same tier and the person who approved it didn't specify which end to use so it's either a workable thread or a stomp depending on the end.
Most of the character pages for the most popular verses in a nutshell.

Love how they banned homophobes, transphobes, xenophobes, and others but suddenly draw the line at an obvious racist pedo.

"u-uhm ahktually w- we arent moral police 🤓" headass.

I don't care if I get banned for saying this, that entire situation was ******* dumb.
Holy **** that one rotted my brain cells.
Like how do they ban Charmander for off site shit but let a racist pedo-rapist run free.

Holy **** that one rotted my brain cells.
Like how do they ban Charmander for off site shit but let a racist pedo-rapist run free.
Because apparently they can't ban someone who made highly inappropriate comments on a website that wasn't vs battles wiki, and you can't ban someone who has done something bad off-site unless it involves the wiki itself.

wasn't charmander banned for being toxic rather than his offsite comments?

i skimmed through it but majority of it was toxicity then other people simply added seasoning to it by adding offsite comments

EDIT: i remembered it was related to him attacking AKM and making some comment against him which is distasteful and sounds like heavy accusation that got him banned initially

wasn't charmander banned for being toxic rather than his offsite comments?

i skimmed through it but majority of it was toxicity then other people simply added seasoning to it by adding offsite comments
Yes... But someone got ******* demoted for saying something bad on Discord. How is this different is my question.
Agreed.. But maybe delete this comment

She's allowed to mini-mod because she's staff's Discord kitten.
IMG_2205.png

Bruh... this isn't even the pet peeves thread anymore (since those are just relatively small annoyances and funny rants), this is straight up venting serious frustration and anger which I truly do understand (peeps do need a open avenue to express their emotions and thoughts that isn't a potentially self indulgent echo chamber), however like most things said in anger I would advise taking a step back and remember why we are here in this community in the first place.

I do agree with Ant tho, the last thing we need is yet another major division in the community and perpetrating the US vs THEM metality, keep in mind there's over 8 billion humans out there with different cultures, values, morals, humour, etc. Conflicting arguments (As shown in RVR) are inevitable which is further exasperated by the "Rules Vs Principles" debate.

Overall it's a no win situation for those in authority, making off-site standards stricter will simply piss off some users but doing nothing with piss off other users.

Pardon my long ass totally not a mini-mod comment but that's my take on the situation as a mere observer and someone who genuinely doesn't want anyone to get into trouble for being transparent on this thread.

Ironically I rarely used Discord anymore due to some people being far too transparent to randoms online.

Bruh... this isn't even the pet peeves thread anymore (since those are just relatively small annoyances and funny rants), this is straight up venting serious frustration and anger which I truly do understand (peeps do need a open avenue to express their emotions and thoughts that isn't a potentially self indulgent echo chamber), however like most things said in anger I would advise taking a step back and remember why we are here in this community in the first place.

I do agree with Ant tho, the last thing we need is yet another major division in the community and perpetrating the US vs THEM metality, keep in mind there's over 8 billion humans out there with different cultures, values, morals, humour, etc. Conflicting arguments (As shown in RVR) are inevitable which is further exasperated by the "Rules Vs Principles" debate.

Overall it's a no win situation for those in authority, making off-site standards stricter will simply piss off some users but doing nothing with piss off other users.

Pardon my long ass totally not a mini-mod comment but that's my take on the situation as a mere observer and someone who genuinely doesn't want anyone to get into trouble for being transparent on this thread.

Ironically I rarely used Discord anymore due to some people being far too transparent to randoms online.
MFdE9r7.jpg

It's still irritating as hell that they just allow this guy to run free even though other people have been punished for less severe off site behavior.
That entire situation was despicable man.

@Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara You wouldn’t be banned for saying Pedophiles are terrible human beings, but telling someone to kill themselves is a bit out of line. I’ll let you off the hook for now since you’re clearly just venting here but just be careful on what you’re saying.

@Shmooply nah you’d be banned for having shit taste Mr. Legacy of Darkness stan 😎

@Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara You wouldn’t be banned for saying Pedophiles are terrible human beings, but telling someone to kill themselves it a bit out of line. I’ll let you off the hook for now since you’re clearly just venting here but just be careful on what you’re saying.

@Shmooply nah you’d be banned for having shit taste Mr. Legacy of Darkness stan 😎
And just like that an authority figure has destroyed everything, I warned y'all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back