• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ainz himself is not really the direct driving force behind Nazarick's cruelty. Ainz is simply complacent and apathic towards anyone and anything that isn't a part of Nazarick or the Sorcerer Kingdom.

He does potencialize it in a way by allowing certain misunderstandings that strengthen the imperialist self-righteousness of his subordinates, but it would probably be worse without him, because then the master would be Demiurge or Albedo.

His NPCs,meanwhile, are the ones who are mostly irredeemably evil sadists who feel joy in torturing NW's residents and would become unhappy if Ainz tried to force them to follow morals/ethic, granted Ainz still tries to throw a bone for the minority of good aligned NPCs to avoid alienating them.

There's even an extra volume in the novels that shows what would have happened if he came to New world alone and it would have played pretty much like your average Isekai, with Ainz being a "good guy" adventurer, except he'd be more like your average mahnwa protagonist

You guys don't know shit about overlord or ainz or monkeys.

Thoo I will say... I don't like how he doesn't fully try to at least help others and sometimes let's bad things happen

Especially when he could easily probably avoid that... Like season 4... Like damn man... So many characters just bye... Because bye 😓 but it's half interesting and unique still tho

Remember you = fake monke

Monkeyoflife = real monke
4f5

Although in terms of "aesthetics", while I understand and am completely fine with threads not really based on a vibe or set of powers shared between the opponents, I am not a fan of how the titles for them usually end up being "X fights a Y'. Although I think I mentioned that on this thread a few months ago.

And why are you unable to make a profile for that? 🤔
Like I said, it's an open-source game. There's tons of servers with their own set of lore and codes, so I'd have to scrounge through everything and learn so many mechanics to make a somewhat decent profile for the crewmembers and antagonists. Don't let me get started on some of the copyright infringement stuff that some of them have as well, and don't forget that some of these servers have existed for almost two decades so they have a ridiculous amount of gameplay mechanics and goodies that you got to find out yourself.

Obviously, I can't make profiles on SS13 servers that are clearly based off of existing IPs, such as Fallout 13, Colonial Marines, Lobotomy Corporation 13, Dead Space 13, and so on.

What about some of the oldschool servers like Paradise, Bay, Yog, /tg/ and /vg/? I don't like half of them and the other half literally bore me to death. Though /tg/ will likely be the server I'll make profiles for, but that'd require me to actually learn what the **** did Oranges do to a lot of the server's code, so nah. and i dont have to worry about making a profile for something 4-chan related since we have rubyquest profiles anyway

But maybe I could make profiles for the piooners of SS13? The ones who started it all and are the owners of the unofficially official SS13 Twitter account, Goonstation?
its cause i ******* hate goon and hate playing on it

This sites speed ratings are garbage. Just straight up.

First off, our lower speed ratings are based on this. Notice how Transonic is Mach 0,8-1,2. We have it as 0,9-1,1. Why? We also have High Hypersonic starting at Mach 25 instead of ending. Actual real life High Hypersonic is listed as Hypersonic+ for some nonsensical reason.

On that note there's the + signs. These make no sense and i'm half convinced the Transonic thing was done to justify Subsonic+ existing. Why is Subsonic even cut in half like that? Hell, Supersonic too. Meanwhile Hypersonic gets to go free, and as a result Hypersonic+ takes over where High Hypersonic should be. Why go through all the trouble to seperate sub and supersonic yet leave hyper alone? Why even have them at that point? There's multipe speed tiers with wider gaps like MHS having a 10X one to both SubS having a combined 9X as is.

High Hypersonic isn't the only misnamed speed tier oh no, Sub-Relativistic is just as bad. Irl Relativistic is defined as speeds close to but not quite the speed of light. The problem? This starts at 1% lightspeed. This is even less excuseable than High Hypersonic due to the sites usage of relativistic calculators for Sub-Rel and above ke feats. Why is it still named that way?

Then theres MFTL+ aka the worst rating of any stat on site bar none. This thing starts at 1000c and it never ******* ends. Normally, characters reach this level of speed around 5-A maybe High 5-A. So why tf do they gotta share the same rating as the Low 2-C guys? Take Dragon Ball as an example. When Goku first goes super saiyan in the manga he reaches a speed of 1080c, getting him MFTL+ (as seen here). Now, at the end of super MUI Goku hits a whopping 107,325,000,000,000c. That's almost 100 Billion times faster. That's the same difference between a baseline 10-B and an 8-C. And that's using the manga speed, if we used the anime we'd hit 6-B. Why tf is he still the same tier? It's not even that hard to come up with more tiers. How about something like Interstellar for the million c characters. Want more? Let's add an Intergalactic tier as well. It's not that hard.

Credit where it's due though, infinite speed is actually pretty good. It's a basic premise with a straightforward explanation that makes sense. Just travel infinite distance. That's it. Why can't Immeasurable speed be that simple? Time travel via speed counts half the time but not the other, meanwhile 4D movement is enough on its own when that should just be higher dimentional existence. Why can't it just be a 4D version of infinite speed? Just make time travel via speed FTL by default and make Immeasurable characters have to move an infinite amount of time, simpe as that.

Tldr; + signs make no sense, Transonic has the wrong borders, High Hypersonic and Sub-Relativistic are in the wrong places, MFTL+ is way too big for its own good, Immeasurable should honestly just be 4D infinite speed, and time travel via speed should be FTL by default.

This sites speed ratings are garbage. Just straight up.

First off, our lower speed ratings are based on this. Notice how Transonic is Mach 0,8-1,2. We have it as 0,9-1,1. Why? We also have High Hypersonic starting at Mach 25 instead of ending. Actual real life High Hypersonic is listed as Hypersonic+ for some nonsensical reason.

On that note there's the + signs. These make no sense and i'm half convinced the Transonic thing was done to justify Subsonic+ existing. Why is Subsonic even cut in half like that? Hell, Supersonic too. Meanwhile Hypersonic gets to go free, and as a result Hypersonic+ takes over where High Hypersonic should be. Why go through all the trouble to seperate sub and supersonic yet leave hyper alone? Why even have them at that point? There's multipe speed tiers with wider gaps like MHS having a 10X one to both SubS having a combined 9X as is.

High Hypersonic isn't the only misnamed speed tier oh no, Sub-Relativistic is just as bad. Irl Relativistic is defined as speeds close to but not quite the speed of light. The problem? This starts at 1% lightspeed. This is even less excuseable than High Hypersonic due to the sites usage of relativistic calculators for Sub-Rel and above ke feats. Why is it still named that way?

Then theres MFTL+ aka the worst rating of any stat on site bar none. This thing starts at 1000c and it never ******* ends. Normally, characters reach this level of speed around 5-A maybe High 5-A. So why tf do they gotta share the same rating as the Low 2-C guys? Take Dragon Ball as an example. When Goku first goes super saiyan in the manga he reaches a speed of 1080c, getting him MFTL+ (as seen here). Now, at the end of super MUI Goku hits a whopping 107,325,000,000,000c. That's almost 100 Billion times faster. That's the same difference between a baseline 10-B and an 8-C. And that's using the manga speed, if we used the anime we'd hit 6-B. Why tf is he still the same tier? It's not even that hard to come up with more tiers. How about something like Interstellar for the million c characters. Want more? Let's add an Intergalactic tier as well. It's not that hard.

Credit where it's due though, infinite speed is actually pretty good. It's a basic premise with a straightforward explanation that makes sense. Just travel infinite distance. That's it. Why can't Immeasurable speed be that simple? Time travel via speed counts half the time but not the other, meanwhile 4D movement is enough on its own when that should just be higher dimentional existence. Why can't it just be a 4D version of infinite speed? Just make time travel via speed FTL by default and make Immeasurable characters have to move an infinite amount of time, simpe as that.

Tldr; + signs make no sense, Transonic has the wrong borders, High Hypersonic and Sub-Relativistic are in the wrong places, MFTL+ is way too big for its own good, Immeasurable should honestly just be 4D infinite speed, and time travel via speed should be FTL by default.
Take this to the Staff Discussion forum lol.
Because these are the relics of the old wiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back