• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hot takes thread, safer edition

What peeves me the most in i became the strongest______ series is that 90% of the time the MC gets a normal skill that's considered trash, but any idiot with 2 braincells could easily find use for it. Like, i read one where the protagonist legit has absolute dominion over the life and death of all things. he can just look at you and instantly kill you on top of reviving anyone he wants back to life, but everyone treats him like trash because he lacks firepower and his stats are low. And it's not even low in the "even a bug can kill him, it's low in "when compared to other boss level monsters".

That's not when the mc is an extraordinary healer or tanker that has clear actual use in any party in rpg known by man, but everyone is incompetent and only cares about attack power and DPS.
Or when it's a non comative class with absurd production capacities wich could shift the entire planet's economy and solve world hunger and poverty through producing high quality potions or merchandise in mass, but people look down on them because "it's a common skill" and everyone before them who had it was unable to think besides using the most basic function eternally without any room for innovation.
And then there's those cases where the profission the protagonist gets is actually underwhelming, but the game system loves them so much they get new overpowered achievements,titles,unique drops every time they take any basic ass action. Like, if they stay still for 10 minutes appreciating the view they get "{Ultimare skill: Patience}: you can only take 1% of your max hp as damage at any time" and now they are the best tank in the game regardless of how trash their casual random build is.

If your at my mom's house then I don't need to do anything tbh

That bitch is crazy. She'll take you out on her own.
x1u3dXh.png

Isekai hot take, I guess: Most Isekai are trash because of their self-awareness. I could not care less if they have generic MCs or plots if done correctly. But then the thing that instantly kills any enjoyment is their self-awareness and the author thinking he's a big brain genius for making the MC as "relatable" as possible. Especially when you're reading an LN and the MC says things like "they got clowned on". For me, this probably extends beyond isekais whenever they appear but I've seen isekai do this most of the time. It essentially ruins the "fantasy" setting for me.

Isekai hot take, I guess: Most Isekai are trash because of their self-awareness. I could not care less if they have generic MCs or plots if done correctly. But then the thing that instantly kills any enjoyment is their self-awareness and the author thinking he's a big brain genius for making the MC as "relatable" as possible. Especially when you're reading an LN and the MC says things like "they got clowned on". For me, this probably extends beyond isekais whenever they appear but I've seen isekai do this most of the time. It essentially ruins the "fantasy" setting for me.
Going off of this, I'm assuming you're not a fan of Konosuba, right?

Camera fotage of Riki and Azontr pulling up to my crib

Actually incompetent. Just log in and you can read it all.

unknown.png
Arcker, I would really, really appreciate it if you stopped acting like a condescending prick for 2 nanoseconds and used your brain to comprehend why exactly I wouldn't give two ***** about a paper on a series written by a mentally impaired fuckwad :D :D

Going off of this, I'm assuming you're not a fan of Konosuba, right?
Yet to see it. Honestly, after reading volume 1 of the absolute filth that is known as "Oversummoned, Overpowered and Over it!" I'm just done with isekai, at least for the distant future. More interested in good fantasy LN like Magic Knight of the Old Ways, Secrets of the Silent Witch and etc.

Arcker, I would really, really appreciate it if you stopped acting like a condescending prick for 2 nanoseconds and used your brain to comprehend why exactly I wouldn't give two ***** about a paper on a series written by a mentally impaired fuckwad :D :D
You’re so addicted to the copium it’s crazy. You said it’s one paragraph and I refuted that, and now you’re just trying to cope about how I’m being mean to you. This is sad. You can’t actually read the massive “Download” right next to it.

When you try to find a funny video to send to your friends but when you search it up there's no video and it's all just Youtube Stories:

anyways cold take but YT stories suck and ruin the idea of youtube in general

Yet to see it. Honestly, after reading volume 1 of the absolute filth that is known as "Oversummoned, Overpowered and Over it!" I'm just done with isekai, at least for the distant future. More interested in good fantasy LN like Magic Knight of the Old Ways, Secrets of the Silent Witch and etc.
Idk if this is a hot take but Konosuba is pretty good, I think. It's pretty funni.

But i don't watch many Isekai's so idk how similar or different it is to the normal "trash" that's out there.

You’re so addicted to the copium it’s crazy. You said it’s one paragraph and I refuted that, and now you’re just trying to cope about how I’m being mean to you. This is sad. You can’t actually read the massive “Download” right next to it.
I don't want to read the massive "Download" right next to it. I don't care about Bleach enough to do so. So, again, stop being a prick and use your brain for 2 nanoseconds, gets really annoying.

Overlord is garbage that i watch just because i ended up binging the 3 previous season out of boredom.
I am so tired of every damn character there being unbeatable and having that undending villain grin on their face

Overlord is garbage that i watch just because i ended up binging the 3 previous season out of boredom.
I am so tired of every damn character there being unbeatable and having that undending villain grin on their face
Arceus. Still. Solos

Sasuga Ainz Sama! Send this man to the happy farm!
What a Philip level intellect. Heresy! To the Neuronist you go! Cocytus best waifu! Eclair true ruler of Nazarick, the light novel is infinitely better! Neia best girl

Fr, SAO had, and still has the best world-building in an isekai

Seriously read the LN, about the main series, and side stories. Anime is kinda butchered
I've read Volume 1 a long time ago. Honestly, the highlight of it was Kiritos and Asuna's relationship. Don't remember much about world-building but I don't think it was meant to be focused on.

I don't want to read the massive "Download" right next to it. I don't care about Bleach enough to do so. So, again, stop being a prick and use your brain for 2 nanoseconds, gets really annoying.
This is one of the saddest things I’ve ever heard. You made a dumb claim and I refuted it, and now you’re just trying to cry. You did all that insulting to me but when I simply point out how what you said is incorrect and how you didn’t read something that blatant, I’m being a prick? This is pathetic. I’m somehow not using my brain when I just proved you can’t read…

This is one of the saddest things I’ve ever heard. You made a dumb claim and I refuted it, and now you’re just trying to cry. You did all that insulting to me but when I simply point out how what you said is incorrect and how you didn’t read something that blatant, I’m being a prick? This is pathetic. I’m somehow not using my brain when I just proved you can’t read…
More evidence that Arcker is schizophrenic required, it seems.

Back