• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

Out of the blue: BFR as a win-condition

Especially characters with very easy BFR's.

It's just a minor, tiny, probably not all that significant pet peeve...But: 'Character A just teleports Character B to another universe and they never come back' is one of the lamest debates/fights to imagine for me. Hate when I see it over even hax-to-death, cause I at least find combat hax more interesting than "YEET, they lose."

May I ask what is nep?
avatars-000512241342-caqfur-t500x500.jpg

Generally, I just hate how personal it is for some people...That a characters' W-L, and WHO the W-L too seems to affect their own mindset or their emotions.

As if they need to brag or be smug about these wins despite the conditions, or that they gotta claw and tear to get the win for the character, stuff like that...

I get the passion, but I just don't think it's healthy to let it affect the true you.

But on the flipside, it's hard to tell when it really is just passion or it being too personal. And perhaps sometimes I unfairly judge people who weren't as bad as I thought they were, it's just the nature of communicating over text that makes it harder to tell someone's real emotions and intent. I know for a fact that I've read back posts I've written and regret the tone, thinking I'd been reasonable but can now see how hostile it sounds...

Its just hard to convey tone online. I've been accused of being mad tons online when I'm sat at home completely stone-faced, feeling no particular emotion at all, because I didn't stop to do this :) to remind that simply stating things how they are is not an emotional response.
There are some people here who clearly get too invested (the ones quick to insult people, which has nothing to do with infliction or tone), but those seem to be a minority. There are also those who are so un-invested their posts add absolutely nothing to the topic at hand, who seem to exist purely to go off-topic or accuse others of being mad. Like they'll just come out of nowhere with a screenwide info dump with 20 emoticons that essentially just says 'I don't care, but I'm self-obsessed enough to want you all to know that, also everyone but me is being mean :_)'

It's just a minor, tiny, probably not all that significant pet peeve...But: 'Character A just teleports Character B to another universe and they never come back' is one of the lamest debates/fights to imagine for me. Hate when I see it over even hax-to-death, cause I at least find combat hax more interesting than "YEET, they lose."
Also my issue with this is its nearly always OOC for the character to do this. Very few characters in fiction actually go 'this fight won't happen go to mario land'. Because that breaks the story. And it'll be ignored how practical the BFR even is because 'at some point it will hit, therefore they win'.

That's why portal creation, teleportation, and dimensional travel are actually useful

There are some people here who clearly get too invested (the ones quick to insult people, which has nothing to do with infliction or tone), but those seem to be a minority. There are also those who are so un-invested their posts add absolutely nothing to the topic at hand, who seem to exist purely to go off-topic or accuse others of being mad. Like they'll just come out of nowhere with a screenwide info dump with 20 emoticons that essentially just says 'I don't care, but I'm self-obsessed enough to want you all to know that, also everyone but me is being mean :_)'
And who am I 🐵 of these two?

Well I don't think you have seen me much but maybe you have, I only remember your name

I mean, I remember someone mentioned a calculation about something like kicking someone to the moon or out of space like Lord Boros only requires 8-B and up AP. Yet, most characters never do the BFR in character. Food for thought, the case could be way worse.

I mean, I remember someone mentioned a calculation about something like kicking someone to the moon or out of space like Lord Boros only requires 8-B and up AP. Yet, most characters never do the BFR in character. Food for thought, the case could be way worse.
Escape velocity of Earth is like 11 km/s, so 70 kg * 0.5 * 11,000^2 = 4.235 gigajoules, or roughly a single ton of TNT. Yeah that sounds about right.

Well depends what extra steps means, because it could be anything but the way you typed it, you made it like the extra steps weren't important so I assume that you said that because you don't know all of the info so if someone comes and give you more info you will classify that as extra steps but via the way you typed it is that the extra steps are unimportant to say because of your tone, context and timing 🙈 something like that, basically you don't wanna be wrong kinda

It's actually quite simple to understand immeasurable speed see the speed equation is s= d/t and if t is negative then that's immeasurable speed

The combined attacks = more then 2 times multiplier
Like bro that shit doesn't even make sense why assume combined attacks are more then 2 times when a verse doesnt state it to be more?

Light speed requirments.
Like why does the author have to follow every single requirment for light speed in a fictional verse.
Like bro most fictional verses already have things like light attacks, I dont see why 2 requirements not checked should just completely invalidate light speed.
Like for example, If captain marvel has photon powers and is associated with the lightspeed engine In a verse where lightspeed lasers are already accepted, then i dont see a reason to reject this attack because of “bro science says nono" Its fiction

Back