• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

Random page? You mean this?
8-AAC50-C6-A923-41-BE-AD96-BAE769-B530-A7.jpg
Yea I don't have it :(
I originally only came to this site to find cool verses using that button then one day its just gone

Stuff that is clearly just the Author not wanting to kill off characters but them surviving it being taken as feats
Well, Because it ends up becoming a feat...

The author could have wanted to make a whole arc about clowns but instead changed it to a dinosaur arc, does that mean we shouldn't take anything as a feat from that arc?

Well, Because it ends up becoming a feat...

The author could have wanted to make a whole arc about clowns but instead changed it to a dinosaur arc, does that mean we shouldn't take anything as a feat from that arc?
Its the same thing as characters with vastly different power levels fighting and the stronger one (who is not holding back) doesn't instant kill the weaker one. Would you take it as a Anti Feat for the stronger character/A feat for the character who is portrayed vastly below them
And your comparison is completely different

Its the same thing as characters with vastly different power levels fighting and the stronger one (who is not holding back) doesn't instant kill the weaker one
Not the same thing... That is a feat that should be taken case by case and if there is clear showing of someone holding back then they shouldn't fully scale to them
And your comparison is completely different
No it's not... It's the same concept but with an arc instead of a character

Not the same thing... That is a feat that should be taken case by case and if there is clear showing of someone holding back then they shouldn't fully scale to them
It is literally the exact same thing just because the feat has a calc doesn't change how it functions
No it's not... It's the same concept but with an arc instead of a character
So according to you changing a calc to a calced characters attacks is different but an arc to a character is the same

I don't have problems with Tier 1 itself, it's just that any CRT having it devolves into chaos and maddened arguing that goes for pages.

Cool verses get into dimensional scaling bullcrap making them essentially completely unuseable in fights that actually resemble the source material and instead a bunch of nerds going 'okay but can he reach 15 D's above the other guy? If not, can he amp himself so he can, maybe then he can reach his D'.
Dante's a good example.
His fights should be a cool thought process on how his styles/weapons/etc work v the enemy, but instead its always
- okay but can they harm his soul

It is literally the exact same thing just because the feat has a calc doesn't change how it functions

So according to you changing a calc to a calced characters attacks is different but an arc to a character is the same
A calc? Never did I mention or imply anything about a calc… I was talking about feats of the character and feats of the arc’s

Here's another pet peeve of mine: the lack of standard tactics in most pages makes it harder for those who aren't knowledgeable on a specific character to debate whether they use ranged attacks more often or goes in for close combat.

Here's another pet peeve of mine: the lack of standard tactics in most pages makes it harder for those who aren't knowledgeable on a specific character to debate whether they use ranged attacks more often or goes in for close combat.
Ah yes, "Standard Tactics", the only category more useless than Intelligence.

Ah yes, "Standard Tactics", the only category more useless than Intelligence.
LEL, you know that standard tactics is what determinates stomps in Mid to high level MU? Because it doesnt matter if A character has Tier 0 EE if he doesnt uses it as his first action (because in most high levels Matchs is who does his BS first)

Cool verses get into dimensional scaling bullcrap making them essentially completely unuseable in fights that actually resemble the source material and instead a bunch of nerds going 'okay but can he reach 15 D's above the other guy? If not, can he amp himself so he can, maybe then he can reach his D'.
Dante's a good example.
His fights should be a cool thought process on how his styles/weapons/etc work v the enemy, but instead its always
- okay but can they harm his soul
You mean ever Main Character ever

People saying that a character's NEP is somehow "above baseline NEP"
This sentence makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, and I have no clue when did this trend start or even take off. I've seen it be used for Void Shiki, Anos, Touhou primordials, etc. and it just boggles my brain. How can anyone who typed those arguments see that and go "Ah, yes. This character is somehow more non-existent than the average non-existent character. Makes perfect sense."

above baseline nep
doesn't state what nature
refuses to elaborate further.

this is becoming the next Acausal type 4 shenanigans above baseline

Why aren't our Dragon Ball Super pages properly labeled?

For example:
Son Goku (Dragon Ball Super) = Son Goku (DBS Anime)
Son Goku (Chou) = Son Goku (DBS Manga)

Other profiles not being as distinct really shouldn't be that big of an excuse I feel.

above baseline nep

People saying that a character's NEP is somehow "above baseline NEP"
This sentence makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, and I have no clue when did this trend start or even take off. I've seen it be used for Void Shiki, Anos, Touhou primordials, etc. and it just boggles my brain. How can anyone who typed those arguments see that and go "Ah, yes. This character is somehow more non-existent than the average non-existent character. Makes perfect sense."
Essentially above baseline or layer esoteric offensive/defensive is a load of convoluted BS? I can support that!

Snarkiness aside this just cycles back to how unfun and dragged out Vs debates get, when you start stacking hax which eventually leads to heated arguments and inevitably causes toxicity/bad blood between people.

Resistance negation, resistances to resistance negation and resistance negation that bypasses "baseline" resistances to resistance negation, (try repeating that sentence three times in a row fast) is by far the worst offender of this.

Just delete the resistance negation page already smh.

In general layered soul damage, existence etc doesn't actually exist in 99.999% of all verses and was entirely made up for this site, so it feels like you're not only playing with fanfiction characters who don't act like they would in their own series at all (because of rules like the ridiculous incap time needing to count as a win if you don't straight up murder the enemy), but also fanfiction powers that don't work like that in the series either.
Its why I don't tend to touch any series with this kind of crap even if I like the series; it doesn't remotely feel like I'm talking about the characters I like, but who has the higher number on some conceptual excel sheet and therefore can do literally anything, and all their personality and actual abilities they use in series aren't even in the equation.
I'll just straight up dip out of threads that turn into this.

In general layered soul damage, existence etc doesn't actually exist in 99.999% of all verses and was entirely made up for this site, so it feels like you're not only playing with fanfiction characters who don't act like they would in their own series at all (because of rules like the ridiculous incap time needing to count as a win if you don't straight up murder the enemy), but also fanfiction powers that don't work like that in the series either.
Its why I don't tend to touch any series with this kind of crap even if I like the series; it doesn't remotely feel like I'm talking about the characters I like, but who has the higher number on some conceptual excel sheet and therefore can do literally anything, and all their personality and actual abilities they use in series aren't even in the equation.
I'll just straight up dip out of threads that turn into this.
i mean I'm fine with generic haxes like mind hax and soul hax because those actually play a great role in the difference where those things are crucial or a big factor to the fiction itself. but NEP, Causality and all that vague stuff. the Author must really like talking nonsensical and ramblings to be so deep into talking about philosophical nonexistence and further beyond causality structures that is reaching philosophical nonsense. basically any ability that is too vague and very deep end like transduality and acausality and NEP and people slapping layers into it because lol my fiction says so is just pain

above baseline nep

Technically, the pages' justifications are supposed to elaborate according to the Editing Rules below. If there are little to no justifications, you are welcome to make a CRT for the affected profiles,
  • When creating new character profiles it is strongly preferred that you add explanations for the extents and natures of less self-evident and more confusing powers and abilities, especially with references and evidence such as scans. Examples include Reality Warping, Conceptual Manipulation, Time Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, Mind Manipulation, and Causality Manipulation. Such powers are likely to be inaccurately interpreted, whether by casual visitors or in versus matches. As such, it is appreciated if you specify the nature and scope of these abilities, preferably in "Notable Attacks/Techniques" sections, near the bottom of the character profiles.
    • When applying approved changes from a content revision thread, the respective references, explanations, and evidence, such as scans, for these types of powers and abilities must be included.

Community one: People being weirdly smug about Character A beating Character B when there's a heavy disparity between the keys being used.

Example being that Character A is using an 'end of series' key Vs. Character B's key which is early series, before they gained a bunch of their abilities, gear, skill, ect.

Not saying these threads shouldn't exist, it's the point of having keys, but I've run into people who act like the MU means Character A always comes out ontop.

Best is character A beats character B, provided character A is at start of series and B at the end, and also its speed equal, also we'll dismiss half of what character B does as being ooc (pretty much only see what's ooc be brought up to try and invalidate the opposition) but never do this for character A, even though one or both of the characters fighting to the death is OOC to begin with.
Maybe add 'that thing that factually happened with character B is an outlier even though the series only has 1 author and he factually made it happen so it canoncially did happen, but character A can be X strong because a guy he beat stubbed the toe of a guy who beat a guy who beat a guy who almost beat a guy who may be that strong probably'. None of this scaling being explained at all. They'll just start listing out names for characters who don't have profiles here at all as if it means literally anything to anyone.

Generally, I just hate how personal it is for some people...That a characters' W-L, and WHO the W-L too seems to affect their own mindset or their emotions.

As if they need to brag or be smug about these wins despite the conditions, or that they gotta claw and tear to get the win for the character, stuff like that...

I get the passion, but I just don't think it's healthy to let it affect the true you.

But on the flipside, it's hard to tell when it really is just passion or it being too personal. And perhaps sometimes I unfairly judge people who weren't as bad as I thought they were, it's just the nature of communicating over text that makes it harder to tell someone's real emotions and intent. I know for a fact that I've read back posts I've written and regret the tone, thinking I'd been reasonable but can now see how hostile it sounds...

Back