• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like, the math and reasoning for it makes sense, but it's really just that, time travel but controversial. Adding a time travel ability to a page? Relatively easy. Adding immeasurable speed to a page?

Prepare for war.

I also think it's funny to see people finding out that having Immeasurable speed automatically mean you get Time Travel (DMC Dante)

You couldn't do a CRT either since doing so would get instantly disagreed with, and would require reworking or nuking one of the biggest verses on the site and in the world

Immeasurable speed is travelling so fast that time has no effect on oneself; hence why speed is considered "immeasurable", as the speed formula, which relies on time, is rendered useless. If X travels so quickly that they are unbound by the constraints of time, then the t in "s = d / t" is not only non-existent, as the number could be anywhere from zero to infinity and still be correct considering X is beyond the temporal axis and could potentially be anywhen in a matter of any amount of positive, negative, or null time, but also literally irrelevant. The speed formula itself becomes irrelevant.

Or maybe I'm talking out of my ass.

Immeasurable speed is travelling so fast that time has no effect on oneself; hence why speed is considered "immeasurable", as the speed formula, which relies on time, is rendered useless. If X travels so quickly that they are unbound by the constraints of time, then the t in "s = d / t" is not only non-existent, as the number could be anywhere from zero to infinity and still be correct considering X is beyond the temporal axis and could potentially be anywhen in a matter of any amount of positive, negative, or null time, but also literally irrelevant. The speed formula itself becomes irrelevant.
True!!!
Or maybe I'm talking out of my ass.
But yes!!!

Basically that, saying that tracending time is far better option than saying that you are in a ¨negative time¨¨

Multiple well argued Vs threads having to get nuked off every OPM characters profile because they downgraded Boros/Orochi back to 6-A or buffed to 5-B in the span of a week
And you can’t even use the old vs threads which were nuked off their profiles as they always scale to different values

When someone is trying to revise an outdated verse that has tons of content, and the first thing they do is revise the tiers of the characters and bumps them to an insanely high tier, instead of giving them more hax that they're lacking. It just sucks watching VS threads that feature characters who have an updated tier, but a horrendously outdated P&A section that will result in an instant loss because they're in the same tier as really haxxed characters.

VS matches that turn into a mini CRT
Happened in a thread I did. I made a Chun-Li VS Post-Crisis Batgirl, and they pointed out that a lot of the stuff on the profile was poorly done/outdated, so I lowkey made people realize that some DC profiles need work lol

That thread turned into Chun-Li VS Post-Crisis Cassandra Cain since that profile wasn't garbage.

VS matches that turn into a mini CRT
Or the extreme version when a Vs thread straight up turns into a full on downgrade CRT which by proxy makes the initial Vs thread a stomp causing it to usually close or get buried wasting the OPs time.

Same can be said for Vs threads that turn into upgrade CRTs which feeds the unhealthy mentality of making characters OP just to beat another character rather than ensuring profiles are accurate but that's a whole other can of worms.

We are just so smart and you love all of us, yes!
29d.jpg

(I got short-term memory loss but at least I don't have short-term memory loss.)

This isn't necessarily a VSBW thing (I don't doubt this has happened here before). But "trans-dimensional" has quickly become one of my least favorite words in the powerscaling community. I've seen people argue a character to be Low 2-C (mainly in Discord servers) because they have a trans-dimensional statement, and it is almost always in the context of a character with an ability that allows them to travel between dimensions and crap like that.

I get there is a dictionary definition of it that says "relating to a dimension other than those of the normal three-dimensional", but when is that ever used like that in any fictional verse? Even if you can find a few examples of where that is the case, I really doubt it is common.

Hell, I've seen people argue their character to be OUTERVERSAL because of trans-dimensional statements. It is ridiculous and it really bugs me.

This isn't necessarily a VSBW thing (I don't doubt this has happened here before). But "trans-dimensional" has quickly become one of my least favorite words in the powerscaling community. I've seen people argue a character to be Low 2-C (mainly in Discord servers) because they have a trans-dimensional statement, and it is almost always in the context of a character with an ability that allows them to travel between dimensions and crap like that.

I get there is a dictionary definition of it that says "relating to a dimension other than those of the normal three-dimensional", but when is that ever used like that in any fictional verse? Even if you can find a few examples of where that is the case, I really doubt it is common.

Hell, I've seen people argue their character to be OUTERVERSAL because of trans-dimensional statements. It is ridiculous and it really bugs me.
yeah uh... uh... trans-dimensional something something uh... obscure verse outerversal now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back