• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

Oh yes, the fact that any speed besides the "base" speed of an user gets equalized means that it's very easy to blitz an opponent under those circumstances, and while we can just label them as stomps and whatever, that still doesn't stop them from being usable for the top 5 strongest for every tier lists, which thus still encourages indexing metagaming by labeling as many things as possible a separate yet higher speed rating.

>"No you can't do that a CRT is happening."
If you think that's bad, imagine if the CRT is actually planned in the future. I have had a few DC VS threads be abandoned because the pages were outdated and the knowledgeable members just add it to their giant list of CRTs, meaning the wait is even longer.

I'm still waiting on the DC Lanterns CRT

And to add ontop of this, people spamming matchups with a character immediately after a huge upgrade, either because they think they're a big-dicked god, or because it's a character they really like that they also helped with revising. I think you can figure out the reason why I'm writing this right now.

And to add ontop of this, people spamming matchups with a character immediately after a huge upgrade, either because they think they're a big-dicked god, or because it's a character they really like that they also helped with revising. I think you can figure out the reason why I'm writing this right now.
Arceus? (or Tohou?)

I genuinely dont understand why they cant wait a day to let people get acclimatised to the new rating and understand it.

I genuinely dont understand why they cant wait a day to let people get acclimatised to the new rating and understand it.
cuz its funny.

we need our daily 5 stomp matches that include Arceus, 682, gilgamesh, or some other characters im forgetting.

Is there a character that could even possibly EVEN TOUCH Madara Uchiha? Let alone defeat him. And I'm not talking about Edo Tensei Uchiha Madara. I'm not talking about Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara either. Hell, I'm not even talking about Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano'o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju's DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu. I'm also not talking about Kono Yo no Kyūseishu Futarime no Rikudō Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan (which is capable of Enton Amaterasu, Izanagi, Izanami and the Tsyukuyomi Genjutsu), his two original Rinnegan (which grant him Chikushōdō, Shuradō, Tendō, Ningendō, Jigokudō, Gakidō, Gedō, Banshō Ten'in, Chibaku Tensei, Shinra Tensei, Tengai Shinsei and Banbutsu Sōzō) and a third Tomoe Rinnegan on his forehead, capable of using Katon, Fūton, Raiton, Doton, Suiton, Mokuton, Ranton, Inton, Yōton and even Onmyōton Jutsu, equipped with his Gunbai(capable of using Uchihagaeshi) and a Shakujō because he is a master in kenjutsu and taijutsu, a perfect Susano'o (that can use Yasaka no Magatama ), control of both the Juubi and the Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju's DNA and face implanted on his chest, his four Rinbo Hengoku Clones guarding him and nine Gudōdama floating behind him AFTER he absorbed Senjutsu from the First Hokage, entered Rikudō Senjutsu Mode, cast Mugen Tsukuyomi on everybody and used Shin: Jukai Kōtan so he can use their Chakra while they are under Genjutsu. I'm definitely NOT Talking about sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Super Saiyan 4 Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and Geass doujutsus, equipped with Shining Trapezohedron while casting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as his Susanoo, controlling the Gold Experience Requiem stand, having become the original vampire after Alucard, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju's DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu and having eaten Popeye's spinach. I'm talking about sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Legendary Super Saiyan 4 Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and Geass doujutsus, equipped with his Shining Trapezohedron while casting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as his Susanoo, controlling the Gold Experience Requiem stand, having become the original vampire after having absorbed Alucard as well as a God Hand, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit, with Kryptonian DNA implanted in him and having eaten Popeye's spinach while possessing quantum powers like Dr. Manhattan and having mastered Hokuto Shinken.

Is there a character that could even possibly EVEN TOUCH Madara Uchiha? Let alone defeat him. And I'm not talking about Edo Tensei Uchiha Madara. I'm not talking about Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara either. Hell, I'm not even talking about Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano'o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju's DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu. I'm also not talking about Kono Yo no Kyūseishu Futarime no Rikudō Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan (which is capable of Enton Amaterasu, Izanagi, Izanami and the Tsyukuyomi Genjutsu), his two original Rinnegan (which grant him Chikushōdō, Shuradō, Tendō, Ningendō, Jigokudō, Gakidō, Gedō, Banshō Ten'in, Chibaku Tensei, Shinra Tensei, Tengai Shinsei and Banbutsu Sōzō) and a third Tomoe Rinnegan on his forehead, capable of using Katon, Fūton, Raiton, Doton, Suiton, Mokuton, Ranton, Inton, Yōton and even Onmyōton Jutsu, equipped with his Gunbai(capable of using Uchihagaeshi) and a Shakujō because he is a master in kenjutsu and taijutsu, a perfect Susano'o (that can use Yasaka no Magatama ), control of both the Juubi and the Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju's DNA and face implanted on his chest, his four Rinbo Hengoku Clones guarding him and nine Gudōdama floating behind him AFTER he absorbed Senjutsu from the First Hokage, entered Rikudō Senjutsu Mode, cast Mugen Tsukuyomi on everybody and used Shin: Jukai Kōtan so he can use their Chakra while they are under Genjutsu. I'm definitely NOT Talking about sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Super Saiyan 4 Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and Geass doujutsus, equipped with Shining Trapezohedron while casting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as his Susanoo, controlling the Gold Experience Requiem stand, having become the original vampire after Alucard, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju's DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu and having eaten Popeye's spinach. I'm talking about sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Legendary Super Saiyan 4 Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and Geass doujutsus, equipped with his Shining Trapezohedron while casting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as his Susanoo, controlling the Gold Experience Requiem stand, having become the original vampire after having absorbed Alucard as well as a God Hand, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit, with Kryptonian DNA implanted in him and having eaten Popeye's spinach while possessing quantum powers like Dr. Manhattan and having mastered Hokuto Shinken.
just for you bud

Another thing that specifically bothers me is FFXIV scaling. Like, it makes sense, the WoL did fight the same Gilgamesh who appears in all the other FF games, but Low Multiverse stats in A Realm Reborn just ***** with my head because of how early in-game it is in terms of power, and there's no way I don't have enough info on it to personally call it an outlier.

Another thing that specifically bothers me is FFXIV scaling. Like, it makes sense, the WoL did fight the same Gilgamesh who appears in all the other FF games, but Low Multiverse stats in A Realm Reborn just ***** with my head because of how early in-game it is in terms of power, and there's no way I don't have enough info on it to personally call it an outlier.
No, you're actually right about it being an outlier. The Gilgamesh stuff happens after ARR (Post-ARR, pre-Heavensward, it's complicated), as you can only unlock the two Gilgamesh trials while doing the ARR Hildibrand questline. Me and the other FFXIV supporters are trying to find replacement feats, and it will be addressed in the next FFXIV revision.

Random rant at 2 AM time.

Wiki profiles that have references (these things) but don't provide scans are jarring to me. I don't really get the point of references by themselves, like if you have an Imgur showing off pictures of the source, or a video of it, what's the point? It is basically telling the reader to piss off and look for the sources themselves, and that isn't good for an indexing website like us. The process of it also perplexes me. The person who added the reference knows and has access to the source, but they don't decide to actually link the source on the profile but rather leave some text on it telling me where I could find it? What?

The only situation where I think it is excusable is if we know that the source exists, but we don't have access to it. Like if a character has a transformation that appears in a specific book that is not only extremely rare but a digital copy of it doesn't exist online, but there is a Fandom wiki page on the book that mentions the source in the plot summary. That is where I think it is okay, otherwise, please add scans to it. But it is at least better than nothing at all.

Random rant at 2 AM time.

Wiki profiles that have references (these things) but don't provide scans are jarring to me. I don't really get the point of references by themselves, like if you have an Imgur showing off pictures of the source, or a video of it, what's the point? It is basically telling the reader to piss off and look for the sources themselves, and that isn't good for an indexing website like us. The process of it also perplexes me. The person who added the reference knows and has access to the source, but they don't decide to actually link the source on the profile but rather leave some text on it telling me where I could find it? What?

The only situation where I think it is excusable is if we know that the source exists, but we don't have access to it. Like if a character has a transformation that appears in a specific book that is not only extremely rare but a digital copy of it doesn't exist online, but there is a Fandom wiki page on the book that mentions the source in the plot summary. That is where I think it is okay, otherwise, please add scans to it. But it is at least better than nothing at all.
References purpose is that in case a scan is lost, the source is still accessible.

As a bit of an asterisk, they will probably still be Low Multiversal in Post-ARR, we'll just be replacing the ARR key. So don't get your hopes up about them being too far below that at this point. (Seriously, though, if you wanna talk about the scaling for XIV in general, I wouldn't mind that. I've been having a hard time finding people to talk about it with)

And to be on track here, I do kinda agree with the whole thing about a match becoming a mini CRT. That is honestly super annoying when it's just effectively "Oh? So you're winning? Not anymore, because we're revising RIGHT NOW."

Wiki profiles that have references (these things) but don't provide scans are jarring to me. I don't really get the point of references by themselves, like if you have an Imgur showing off pictures of the source, or a video of it, what's the point?
im actively going to get scans for all of UTE feats in skulduggery Pleasant, so if you want a punching dummy to complain about, pick a different verse

The only situation where I think it is excusable is if we know that the source exists, but we don't have access to it. Like if a character has a transformation that appears in a specific book that is not only extremely rare but a digital copy of it doesn't exist online, but there is a Fandom wiki page on the book that mentions the source in the plot summary. That is where I think it is okay, otherwise, please add scans to it.

The page is deadass a stub, and there's no verifiable way to see if the information is legit, if they were to accept this, it'd be an extremely slippery slope.

im actively going to get scans for all of UTE feats in skulduggery Pleasant, so if you want a punching dummy to complain about, pick a different verse

The page is deadass a stub, and there's no verifiable way to see if the information is legit, if they were to accept this, it'd be an extremely slippery slope.
Coming out of my break for a second, cause this seriously annoyed me when I heard about it.

Learn to read, dude. It's obviously just an example. The page just isn't good and the references just aren't helpful like that. He's talking about situations like this where references are just pointless compared to scans, he's not "using the verse as a punching bag".

I hate how 'far higher' has no definition distinguishing it from just 'higher'; The difference between the two is super arbitrary.
I would think a far higher is for the people that can one shot people comparable to that character or blitz people comparable 🤔

Remember when people were tryna delete the SCP verse for a bit because someone could write something about an SCP to make them far stronger or something

god that was a time. an annoying as shit time.

oming out of my break for a second, cause this seriously annoyed me when I heard about it.

Learn to read, dude. It's obviously just an example. The page just isn't good and the references just aren't helpful like that. He's talking about situations like this where references are just pointless compared to scans, he's not "using the verse as a punching bag".
He's complaining about no scans when the scans are being ******* added lmfao. If he wants to complain, pick something that actually fits the bill. Who knows why DT had references instead of page scans, probably because they are busy. And so its my job to get the scans, it is what it is but yeah. So instead of using a verse as an example that doesnt fit the point at all, they should use something that does.

Sure he was using as a general example, but it failed as an example and will give people a misconception about the verse, and it also fails to facilitate his point. That's on him. Go back to your break homeboy, because you acting goofy as hell.

Last edited:
He's complaining about no scans when the scans are being ******* added lmfao
Well it hasn't been added so it doesn't really matter if it will get added or not.
So instead of using a verse as an example that doesnt fit the point at all, they should use something that does.
It still does 🤷‍♂️
Sure he was using as a general example, but it failed as an example and will give people a misconception about the verse, and it also fails to facilitate his point. That's on him. Go back to your break homeboy, because you acting goofy as hell.
It never failed at an example, that comment happened at a certain time where it makes sense.... Otherwise nearly any example is a failed example just because its not changed or fixed. It's also not a misconception if The statement is actually true and happened
🙈🤷‍♂️🙈

I don't know why you are taking that so seriously... All you could've said is... Actually they are going to be added soon btw and that's it.

well it hasn't been added so it doesn't really matter if it will get added or not.
Yes it does. The page is using references for the time being as scans are being added. It's like complaining that a building hasn't had proper maintenance when its still being built
It still does 🤷‍♂️
It really does
It never failed at an example, that comment happened at a certain time where it makes sense.... Otherwise nearly any example is a failed example just because its not changed or fixed. It's also not a misconception if it actually true
🙈🤷‍♂️🙈
You are a fool.

I'm not arguing this anymore, it's seriously becoming derailing, and on my mama i actually don't care. Can we move on, because i dont think anyone really cares outside of that one mf who came out of retirement to comment (if you finna lurk why even leave in the first place lmfao). Aight i've said my piece. Stub verses suck monkey butt, but this verse is gunna be a temporary stub due to people having lives, not due to a lack of feats or whatever.

He's complaining about no scans when the scans are being ******* added lmfao. If he wants to complain, pick something that actually fits the bill. Who knows why DT had references instead of page scans, probably because they are busy. And so its my job to get the scans, it is what it is but yeah. So instead of using a verse as an example that doesnt fit the point at all, they should use something that does.

I wasn't complaining about the profile, I just linked the references part of it to clarify what I mean about "references". I have no idea why you are taking the passive mentioning of a page (a mention that wasn't negative) so seriously as if it was a personal attack on the verse. You are the one acting goofy by blowing it out of proportion and making a complete misinterpretation of a VSBW comment.

Edit: Responding to the comment isn't gonna help you stop the derail, the situation you started for no good reason, right after saying that you would stop responding mind you.

Last edited:
Yes it does. The page is using references for the time being as scans are being added. It's like complaining that a building hasn't had proper maintenance when its still being built
Nah, that's not the same at all... Instead it would be something like paying someone to do their job and them not completely finishing it and waiting for another time to finish it. 🙈
You are a fool.
No.
I'm not arguing this anymore, it's seriously becoming derailing, and on my mama i actually don't care.
🙊
Can we move on
Ok, but you must come with peace with yourself
monke-tea.gif

blowing it out of proportion
the only deep thing i did was laugh at the guy who said they came out of retirement just to comment on this. I don't know why this was the first thing my eyes singled in on, but im glad it was. As now ion need to read yo paragraph to tell you to stop derailing this thread fr. Like yall the one's continuing this after i asked you guys to stop derailing sooooo

As now ion need to read yo paragraph to tell you to stop derailing this thread fr. Like yall the one's continuing this after i asked you guys to stop derailing sooooo
Your behavior could be someone's pet peeve 🤷‍♂️

but yee no derailing 🤔

He's complaining about no scans when the scans are being ******* added lmfao.
...he's saying that references without scans are stupid. Nobody here cares that the scans are getting added, because that's entirely irrelevant to the point.
If he wants to complain, pick something that actually fits the bill. Who knows why DT had references instead of page scans, probably because they are busy. And so its my job to get the scans, it is what it is but yeah. So instead of using a verse as an example that doesnt fit the point at all, they should use something that does.
It seriously does. Calm down. It doesn't have scans. He didn't know you were adding them. So stop taking this mental high-horse, it was an example that DID WORK because it, in it's current state, FITS THE THING HE WAS COMPLAINING ABOUT.
It literally doesn't fail as an example. Can you read the file? It has references, no scans. Nobody give a **** that you're adding scans. Take your ego out of the clouds, it isn't a personal attack on the verse, it's not an attack on you, it doesn't give people a misconception of the verse, just the idea that the person who made it didn't do a good job. You're wrong with every single thing you said in this post.

It is entirely irrelevant that you're adding scans, because they weren't there when he made the post, and still aren't. If he had used a profile WITH SCANS to say this, you'd be right, but he didn't, did he?

DT may be busy, but that doesn't make it a good page, does it? That doesn't make it not fit what he's complaining about, does it? In case you don't know, IT DOES NOT. Don't take anything that shows a page from your verse in a poor light as a personal attack.

So up your own ass you can't use your eyes and see that the page doesn't have scans.

shit i aint reading that but it seems you completely misinterpreted my point. :whistle: also this is moving on from minor derailing to taking up the entire thread. I'm gunna ask one last time, stop derailing. It's ruining the thread. Nobody wants to hear about this ***** argument.

Mate you're taking a basic example with no ill intent as a personal attack, you need to chill out

How many times do i have to ask for people to move on from this because its massively derailing. If you wanna argue this go to my page and we can take it there or whatever, i just dont wanna ruin a perfectly good thread with this shit (also dont call me yo mate, that's just a bit weird innit bruv)

Back