• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

Its annoying how few matches AREN'T speed equal here. Its basically not even vsbattles between the characters. Its between a character then another new guy we just made up.
Like you take Sonic and make him slow, he's not Sonic. He's some other guy who is slower than Sonic. Same for any other character. If you make up their stats, it defeats the point of the fights. But I'd take them doing this over just not having any fights because otherwise everyone just speed stomps. Just doesn't need to be as common as it is.
Me when I made a flash vs slowpoke thread

I really hate it as well. But if its within the realm of belief and possibility with the context of the entire verse i dont understand why people still think it is hyperbole and flowery language.

Arguments like that is what forces out walls of text argument that no one wants to spend so much time analyzing everyday but also no one really enjoys writing as well.

I really hate it as well. But if its within the realm of belief and possibility with the context of the entire verse i dont understand why people still think it is hyperbole and flowery language.

Arguments like that is what forces out walls of text argument that no one wants to spend so much time analyzing everyday but also no one really enjoys writing as well.
I know a certain someone here in this site who did that shit 🙄
poorDBGT

Yea, standard human weaknesses should just be nuked from orbit. I'll consider making a thread about that.
i know im late to the convo shut it

While I'm feeling like a petty bitch today, it feels like getting anything done for low tier/less notable characters in big or OP verses is way harder than it should be. Everybody's so caught up on whether or not the god tiers should have universal AP or infinite speed or whatever while the low tiers just kinda rot. This also goes for minor statistics that tend to get overlooked as well, like range and LS. If a thread doesn't cause some big controversy, it ain't worth looking at as far as most users are concerned.

While I'm feeling like a petty bitch today, it feels like getting anything done for low tier/less notable characters in big or OP verses is way harder than it should be. Everybody's so caught up on whether or not the god tiers should have universal AP or infinite speed or whatever while the low tiers just kinda rot. This also goes for minor statistics that tend to get overlooked as well, like range and LS. If a thread doesn't cause some big controversy, it ain't worth looking at as far as most users are concerned.
I feel that. DOA characters have had some jank stats for a while and I think they're just now in the process of revising them. And we've had like how many Bleach and Dragon Ball threads before Street Fighter stats got revised from being falsely rated as Low 7-C for a lot of the characters?

Its generally because a lot of the high tiers are shonen or wish-fulfilment self-insert series that are currently really popular.
And games in general are harder to actually give concrete feats for since people will argue on how much game mechanics count or not, taking something like
Oh this attack is a rock from sky, called meteor
Its not the size of one, doesn't have the impact of one, seem to convey the energy of one, anything, but its literally a meteor because it says so
Make everyone god tier for taking 1 damage from it
Some will agree with this logic, some won't.
Anime and the like is a lot simpler. If the character did the thing, they did the thing. Unless enough people don't like them. Then its an outlier and doesn't count even though they objectively and canonically did the thing.

There needs to be groupings for Speed beyond 1,000 times FTL / Massively FTL+, as millions to billions of times FTL are common enough for it.
Okay so I know I already made a joke thread on this but I'm just gonna put it here too; this is how I would do FTL Speed Ratings-
Superluminal: 1 - 10c
Superluminal+: 10 - 100c
Hyperluminal: 100 - 1,000c
Hyperluminal+: 1,000 - 10,000c
High Hyperluminal: 10,000 - 100,000c
High Hyperluminal+: 100,000 - 1,000,000c
Massively Hyperluminal: 1,000,000 - 1,000,000,000c
Massively Hyperluminal+: Faster than 1,000,000,000c

Running so fast that you are at every step of your destination at once and your destination is everywhere. Its not omnipresent as in you are everywhere at once simply by existing or having clones, but your top speed being so fast you cover all of reality instant, constantly.
Closest I've seen is like Flash being so fast he had to split his words into pieces to speak because he was outrunning his own voice.

Quite a lot of immeasurable but can't think of one who performed an exact feat on the wiki. Tho I did see a similar one in a web novel once.

Anyways actual pet peeve.
I wish we could let topic creators to mark posts that are actually relevant to the match at hand then just see those. I don't want to have to scroll through 19 bumps in a row, some people having an entirely off-topic conversation about a funny meme or something for 26 posts, and 99 posts of 'X fra' from people who didn't even read any part of the topic.
I mostly read this site on the phone so it can take quite a while to get past all these completely irrelevant posts to see what I'm here for.
Also people who name their topics something like
-"the greatest battle ever"
or
"tap dancing duck v dance tapping turtle"
Why not say who its beween in the title? I'm not even going to click those on phone, it takes too long.

Back