• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

Just quickly edit this low quality thing to use in possible CRT in future

248964086_1230679974079180_3192544278510642800_n.jpg

This isn’t really a VBW exclusive pet peeve but a fiction one period.

I absolutely despise when writers have the most inconsistent and circular scaling within their verse. This includes outliers and PIS.

Like why would you have Character A beat Character B when it’s been shown multiple times that A would never beat B in a million years? Or why would you have a character perform a feat that turns it into an outlier? 🗿

This isn’t really a VBW exclusive pet peeve but a fiction one period.

I absolutely despise when writers have the most inconsistent and circular scaling within their verse. This includes outliers and PIS.

Like why would you have Character A beat Character B when it’s been shown multiple times that A would never beat B in a million years? Or why would you have a character perform a feat that turns it into an outlier? 🗿
Yeah. A few mistakes are allowed, but when you get into the dozens is when there's something wrong.

The outlier one is entirely subjective on our parts, so that's only a problem with ourselves if we see it as a problem (personally sometimes I think we are too lacks).

"Flowery Language", "Game Mechanics", "Outlier", "Out of Context"

The four horsemen of dismissing evidence.
I honestly am annoyed that "game mechanics" are never taken into consideration just because some are inconsistent
it's like saying that because some non game mechanics arguments have outliers and PIS, we should ban all arguments

depends on the context really, but most of the time, unless it's incredibly obvious the claim is super false, you should be waiting for a counterargument from the OP
Exactly. Unless I'm knowledgeable on both sides, I always say "Neutral I'll wait for more input" or "Following, I'll hear from the other side" Something like that.

Exactly. Unless I'm knowledgeable on both sides, I always say "Neutral I'll wait for more input" or "Following, I'll hear from the other side" Something like that.
yeah it'd be pretty nice if everyone did this, but in the past I've literally dealt with people who's first message was "disagree fra" and then never spoke again after that
and there's absolutely nothing stopping people from doing that

I honestly am annoyed that "game mechanics" are never taken into consideration just because some are inconsistent
it's like saying that because some non game mechanics arguments have outliers and PIS, we should ban all arguments
The standard that nothing about a game is related to its lore unless it's not part of the gameplay is extremely annoying, and frankly absurd.
It's to the point that events in The Elder Scrolls are overshadowed by unrelated card art in a spinoff game.

The standard that nothing about a game is related to its lore unless it's not part of the gameplay is extremely annoying, and frankly absurd.
It's to the point that events in The Elder Scrolls are overshadowed by unrelated card art in a spinoff game.
this, and the fact that a lot of verses don't bother to add much info about scaling, means verses where scaling could be easily fixed, ends up with having a bunch of "unknown" stuff, or just downplayed stuff
like did people forget that things aren't outliers until it's proven that they are?
and usually people making games couldn't care less about stuff except for the game mechanics anyways, so to not use them sometimes is to ccompletely throw away the little info said verses have on power levels and scaling

Unrelated to VSBW and more media in General.

But I hate it when authors add in the "Not a Single Man-made weapon can harm them". The line they all use to hype their characters strength.

But then have them jobbing to barely 9-A characters.

Like mf what?

I get that most authors don't give two ***** about powerscaling but how does one add a line like that, not knowing what it means.

Like did we not all learn the same shit in school right? The same curriculum as stuff?

We all know about WW1 and 2 and how literal Towns and Cities were destroyed by man-made weapons, right?

We all know about Hiroshima right?

Like, do authors genuinely believe that once we created those bombs, we just lost all knowledge on their creation.

Unrelated to VSBW and more media in General.

But I hate it when authors add in the "Not a Single Man-made weapon can harm them". The line they all use to hype their characters strength.

But then have them jobbing to barely 9-A characters.

Like mf what?

I get that most authors don't give two ***** about powerscaling but how does one add a line like that, not knowing what it means.

Like did we not all learn the same shit in school right? The same curriculum as stuff?

We all know about WW1 and 2 and how literal Towns and Cities were destroyed by man-made weapons, right?

We all know about Hiroshima right?

Like, do authors genuinely believe that once we created those bombs, we just lost all knowledge on their creation.
It's called the worf effect and it's one of the worst tropes in fiction alongside time travel and "It was all a dream". (By worst I mean a trope that commonly gets both overused and misused rather than being organically written into the plot without breaking the narrative).

Also remember what I said earlier about new users posting a CRT seemly outta of the blue for popular verses? Well...

Look, I'm trying to throw shade or anything it's just kinda ridiculous this actually happened not too long after I made that initial comment.

Maybe I should've kept quiet?

EDiT: The CRT got Hakai'ed, so the link is dead lol!

EDiT 2: It got revived (Probably by Super Shenron).

EDiT 3: It got re-hakai'ed (This is hilarious tbh).

EDiT 4: I give up... :/

Last edited:
Not VSB related but I hate how most characters nowadays are just hax and not high ap, or when Toriyama/Toyotaro dont portray DB characters as what they should be, Or BEN 10 wankers

Back