• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

Keep in mind that most fiction writers don't have VS Battles Wiki standards in mind when they create a character, especially when they label it "Omnipotent". The fact that another character in another fiction is technically stronger, or that they don't align with a technical breakdown of "Omnipotent" doesn't really matter. It's an easy way to establish them at the minimum as a reality warper who's probably stronger than every other character. For that purpose, it's very effective.

Unless it's blatant hyperbole like the time Majin Buu was called that or so IIRC
What do you mean bro, king piccolo is very clearly omnipotent. It's stated on panel. Thinking that only majin buu is omnipotent is blatant downplay.
main-qimg-46d43e117851dc5d9c2680a8d89e9187
main-qimg-1302f94153ee1e3a1fa4f2e2574c4ac8

Obviously. Id say that being called Omnipotent, or Limitless, or Undefeatable either means the guy is very arrogant, or is a verse god tier

Obviously. Id say that being called Omnipotent, or Limitless, or Undefeatable either means the guy is very arrogant, or is a verse god tier
And for either purpose I think that's fine, I was basically responding to the person who called the practice of using omnipotent "cringe".

Since when was Omnipotence logical? You can do anything and everything. Paradoxes do not apply to you; you can do whatever you want. If you want to create a rock that is unliftable and then later lift the rock up, that is fair game—you are omnipotent. Lifting an unliftable rock is illogical, and so is omnipotence. You are freed from reason, logic, laws, and reality altogether, and you can do whatever you wish to do at any time to any capacity.
venuzdonoa omnipotent then

And for either purpose I think that's fine, I was basically responding to the person who called the practice of using omnipotent "cringe".
That was me, and I meant by wikis or people that are powerscaling verses. The term omnipotence when used by a writer is fine

How staff will say not to derail the RVR thread and then you have people derailing a day or two later regarding a different report. Or how regular users who have no involvement in a certain report whatsoever will just comment their thoughts on the matter that just so happens to be the same exact take as 5 staff members before them.

Can I actually get some context on this? I keep hearing that DB was denied immeasurable speed for some reason but what reason was actually given for changing the standards?
Someone made a CRT and the verse would have gotten immeasurable speed, but then some shit about how scaling chains for immeasurable speed aren't supposed to be a thing and how the entire speed tier might be deleted bitchslapped the CRT to oblivion, basically.

Can I actually get some context on this?
I am most likely wrong, but if I recall correctly, the whole argument for Heroes was based on the fact that the Xenoverse Demons were stated to exist outside of time and a bunch of random "transcend space and time" statements. Ultimately, the Wiki decided that the standards for Immeasurable needed to be more strict, so now neither of those are enough to qualify for Immeasurable; you need explicit proof that characters exist above the temporal axis and move beyond time.

Back