• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

VS Battles Wiki novel

Ahem.

I can help. I can assist. I've worked on several multiple pages documents and I'd say they're at the very least acceptable.

JoshSSJGod said:
Biggest challenge is to get more people involved. If someone can do that, that would be great.
All it takes is one thing man, SCP started with Lord Peanut's entry. If we can get a halfway decent "tale" to semipopularity, it would be the "spark" that this "kindling" of an idea needs to get off the ground.

Have any ideas as to what could make for a good tale? perhaps a dramatization or fictionalization of a particularly well known event?

I'd personally take a page out of UnOrdinary and then expand the everloving heck out of it.

We can explore a society that is layered in "Tiers", where every memeber of the society is born with a seemingly random set of powers and ability. The Supreme Beings, characters in the highest of Tiers determine a system for ranking and organizing individuals based on their capacity to create and to destroy. As characters with similar destructive capacities are isolated from each other in society, many of them are indistinguishable from our own, beyond a MHA-esque appearance where individuals use their unique powersets to fight on the side of altruism or selfishness or some other moral crisis or whatever.

The most powerful individuals in this society are "Tier-breakers", who bypass the entire system of creative/destructive capacity by using abilities that outright ignore these designations, such as attacking the mind, soul, or other exotic aspects of individuals such as their conceptual framework.

We can follow a group of Tier-breakers as they venture their way up this chain in society, eventually combatting the god-like beings who govern the world.

Dargoo Faust said:
I'd personally take a page out of UnOrdinary and then expand the everloving heck out of it.
We can explore a society that is layered in "Tiers", where every memeber of the society is born with a seemingly random set of powers and ability. The Supreme Beings, characters in the highest of Tiers determine a system for ranking and organizing individuals based on their capacity to create and to destroy. As characters with similar destructive capacities are isolated from each other in society, many of them are indistinguishable from our own, beyond a MHA-esque appearance where individuals use their unique powersets to fight on the side of altruism or selfishness or some other moral crisis or whatever.

The most powerful individuals in this society are "Tier-breakers", who bypass the entire system of creative/destructive capacity by using abilities that outright ignore these designations, such as attacking the mind, soul, or other exotic aspects of individuals such as their conceptual framework.

We can follow a group of Tier-breakers as they venture their way up this chain in society, eventually combatting the god-like beings who govern the world.
So basically a society that follows a Tier System of RAW AP, with people of lower tiers being discriminated against in spite of potentially bearing "smurfish" hax?

I mean, that could absolutely work, as a "fair" and "just" Tier System akin to our own would bring about the dreaded "actually justified Classism" thing that makes me shit myself at night.

So yeah, if that idea DOES INDEED end up being used, it would have to be under a flagrantly biased tiering system. Perhaps a Prequel? Or an alternative setting to the main Ranker/VSBW setting? (kinda like how SCP has multiple Tale Hubs)

It sounds nice,

but I think we should hear a more atypical idea before deciding. I don't mean to sound rude, but without some real good writing that sounds like it would lead to a moderately interesting, yet overtly normal and maybe slightly predictable course of events (character development, plot progession, etc.) It's still one of the better one listed thus far so once again

Good on you sir.

Yellowpig10 said:
i doubt many of any of us actually have any writing abilties
I was about to take offense to that but, considering Big Iron exists, it's not entirely false

@Swathing

I can give a link to it over PM in Chat, I'd rather not post a public link here due to the trolls.

Actually I'll just post a link on discord.

Anyway, if we could resume with the original topic of discussion. A Decentralized Shared "Narrative" with a base "setting" (in addition to the aforementioned novel) could do wonders for Community Engagement, as well as provide both VSBWers and NonVSBWers alike with literature of varying quality.

Would using this thread as an "conceptual solidifier" for the base setting, as well as potential VSBW Tales be contextually appropriate with regards to the topic of this thread?

I had just clicked on this when the summons arrived on my wall. Let me read all of this and then I'll give input.

The Wright Way said:
I had just clicked on this when the summons arrived on my wall. Let me read all of this and then I'll give input.
I assume that having to be summoned makes you of particularly elevated clout? And given the amusing pun of a name and the general thematic of this thread, I assume you are a writer of some sorts?

Far beyond the Furthest Ring, beyond the shapeless and boundless dimensions of The One Above All, and The Writer exist a pantheon of ancient gods. Unlike the Great Olds Ones beneath them, these gods are comprehendable, at least in motive. They manipulate our world, alter our strengths in weaknesses in service of one thing abd one thing only.

War.

They are the Members. Beings united together to set the Multiverse's greatest champions against each other in Holy Combat. They debate amongst themselves with their strange, alien logic about who would win and lose, unknowingly affecting the fight they've created as it happens. The battle only ends once a verdict is reached, where upon they immortalize it in history upon the combatants very souls. These verdicts can only be iverturned by the Members latter altering one combatants strength so the battle is no longer fair or by deciding the battle was never fair to begin with.

They say that in the rare instances the Blind Azathoth wakes up, he joins his colleagues among the Members in Righteousness and Terrible Debate.

All the gods have their preferred methods and champions. Some merely force their combatants to fight, others create entire stories for them to do so. It's not unheard of for a Member to put another Member's favorite champions against each other out of spite. Those familiar with the text recognize that this most often happens to the green named god Cal Howard.

Let us all pray to the Members of the Wikia, the Gods of Righteous Combat!

So applying a Cosmic Horror angle hmmm? Gotta say, from the perspective of the characters we force into H O L Y C O M B A T, We'd definitely be eldritch beings who dabble into their affairs for the sake of "Righteousness" and "Debate".

Wanna know what'd be good? Having the characters pitted against one another view these people as eldritch gods... but then have them be like, average joes speaking in colloquial. The sheer dissonance between the two viewpoints would be amusing aplenty!

Today, children, we shall discuss matters of great importance.

We all know of the green named god WeeklyBattle's love of the universe known as SU. But one of his favorite champions, Steven Universe, has gone too long without a proper battle.

Indeed! His strongest form has not yet faced a worthy adversary. Tonight, we shall fix this error. Call forth the so called "God of Wrath!" Send him into the SU universe so that Weekly's champion may have glorious victory emblazoned upon his very soul! Asura of Asura's Wrath, so shall face the mighty Steven Universe in glorious combat in the name of the Administrators!

Anywho, more on topic. If we do go the cosmic horror route, who would be the protagonist? It certainly can't be one of us, given the nature of cosmic horror.

Unless, of course. We just go with the idea that these are normal people jyst having friendly debates, and the characters they're debating about form a cult around them. We can do a lot of great stuff with that.

Ummm. Sorry, I lost a track of this thread xD, there are so many great and possibly brilliant ideas...

The cosmic horror route is pretty good. But I will have no influence as a character in that case ;-; Many of us are seemingly sticking with it, so should I make it of the untitled VSBW novel's cosmology? Or there are other suggestions?

The God Of Procrastination said:
How about a character is sent up a few layers of reality-fiction difference, and we see what happens?
So elevating a fictional character to the same level as the very "debators" that utilize them for the sake of hypothetical combat? That could absolutely work! Perhaps have this "character" view these "Debators" as eldritch, unknowable beings who's machinations are an enigma to the character's below them... And then like, have these "Debators" speak in like, casual lingo.

Skalt711 said:
Ummm. Sorry, I lost a track of this thread xD, there are so many great and possibly brilliant ideas...
The cosmic horror route is pretty good. But I will have no influence as a character in that case ;-; Many of us are seemingly sticking with it, so should I make it of the untitled VSBW novel's cosmology? Or there are other suggestions?
Would now be appropriate to begin the solidifcation of what a Decentralized VSBW Shared Setting would be? We have several ideas and interpretations as is, soldifying the "base concept" would make it far easier for us to "add upon" it with ideas, let alone writing VSBW Tales.

Back