• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Virus warning about the read comic online website and a dangerous file spread by compromised Discord accounts

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Hello.

When I visited the "read comic online .li" website yesterday while using my Brave tracking-preventing browser to access it, and with my VPN active, BOTH my Bitdefender and Avast Antivirus programs, which had their virus link guards activated, registered malicious activity on several occasions when I clicked to either use the site's search function or to access a comic book, along with that I was redirected to a very suspicious page that wanted me to "click yes to prove that you are not a robot".

This has not happened previously (although I have only visited very occasionally for the past year or so), but regardless of the reasons, the site seems to have turned very dangerous recently, so I heavily advice against visiting it until we know for a fact that it has permanently turned safe again.

This is also very important regarding an extremely dangerous Discord file that completely hijacks your computer:
WARNING: There is a Discord hack going on regarding some weird game that it tells you to download, which if you do and then enter the password, your entire PC gets hacked to kingdom come and all your confidentials are hacked. Some of it has spread from Discord to here. DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, GO ANYWHERE NEAR THOSE LINKS. REPORT AND BLOCK THEM.

2c5c7f1fa2fd2686fd5c67f36f87889c.png

I have already sent the warning to one of the biggest unofficial VSBW servers. Ya, it is a bit of an issue.

Last edited:
Sounds like a skill tissue to me ngl
On a serious note I don't use that site so I'm probably going to be fine but maybe you should use mangasee or something until that's fixed.

Yeah, it is common for pirated websites to become infected with viruses. Some Cartoon streaming websites and free movie websites also used to be safe until some update that made them viruses. And I it's sites like those where it is recommended to turn on Adblocker; as it's often the adds that contain viruses too.

drake-notebook.gif

Antvasima when he learns of adblock
Brave has an inbuilt adblock, and it didn't help sufficiently, since these problems were randomly activated by clicking on the search bar or comic book links. As such I felt a responsibility to try to protect our community members who often use that site a lot.

Not too knowledgeable about network infrastructure so take this with a grain of salt.
That being said, afaik the site hosts a number of trackers and has been the cause of highly suspicious network activity even on protected devices. I would just like to point out that even devices owned by major security researchers can be prone and open to security exploits.

tl;dr Grass is green, and the warez scene is always sketchy. Don't use the first pirate site you can think of or see in a web search.

Not too knowledgeable about network infrastructure so take this with a grain of salt.
That being said, afaik the site hosts a number of trackers and has been the cause of highly suspicious network activity even on protected devices. I would just like to point out that even devices owned by major security researchers can be prone and open to security exploits.

tl;dr Grass is green, and the warez scene is always sketchy. Don't use the first pirate site you can think of or see in a web search.
Ghostery has been very helpful for me in blocking trackers.

Norton anti virus gets triggered too
Does anybody know of an alternative comic book reading website that is genuinely virus-free, at least when using all of the necessary precaitions? Meaning, either the Brave or DuckDuckGo internet browser, an active trustworthy paid VPN service, and at least one (and preferably more) very reliable antivirus program with an activated link protection (scan+prevention) function?

Does anybody know of an alternative comic book reading website that is genuinely virus-free, at least when using all of the necessary precaitions? Meaning, either the Brave or DuckDuckGo internet browser, an active trustworthy paid VPN service, and at least one (and preferably more) very reliable antivirus program with an activated link protection (scan+prevention) function?
I dont really read american comics all that much, but I used this site to read invincible, and it seemed safe enough.

https:// comic extra .net

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont really read american comics all that much, but I used this site to read invincible, and it seemed safe enough.

https:// comic extra .net
That website loads very slowly for me, but it doesn't automatically register as being unsafe with all of my above-mentioned protections active.

Would you be willing to try as well please, @TheUnshakableOne ?

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the help. 🙏🙂

This one also seems to work for me currently, but I do not know for certain, so it would be appreciated if you verify that as well:

https:// read comics free .org

Last edited:
And this one as well:

https:// wall comic .com

However, if anybody notices problems with them or other major comic book or manga sites later, please inform me about it, so I can warn our community.

Last edited:
https:// comic extra .net/ - was deemed safe / no trigger for me

https:// read comics free .org/ - no trigger and deemed safe

https:// wall comic .com/ - deemed safe with no triggers

Last edited by a moderator:
I use ad blocker so just beware of malicious ads though. They can bypass detection
Yes. If anybody visits those sites they should preferably use the Brave browser for personal protection, or at the very least the DuckDuckGo browser, or the Firefox browser with uBLock Origin installed.

Thanks a lot for helping out in any case. 🙏🙂💖

Uh... I don't think it's appropiate to have highlighted a thread that encourages piracy, we've been on trouble for this before and is why piracy website links are ideally blacklisted (and automatically censored) from the forum.

Uh... I don't think it's appropiate to have highlighted a thread that encourages piracy, we've been on trouble for this before and is why piracy website links are ideally blacklisted (and automatically censored) from the forum.
I was just about to point this out.

I use Opera’s adblock and it blocks every pop-up the site normally has, but it doesn’t block the new widow that opens when I click something.

I’ve used it for years and had not a single issue.

From what I'm listening and hearing I just say..
Don't use the website💀👍

Especially when it's fishy like that websites like those are never safe

****************? i deadass have it open right now. I am using the .ru version though and no reaction from kaspersky comes, not to mention i see no ads either. I think that maybe the .li version accessed from whatever area you chose has malicious ads perhaps.

Well, it doesn't exactly encourage piracy. It simply points out that our members need to be very careful in this regard, as a very large percentage of them have regularly used that site and likely do not have sufficient protection, so I did not know how else to prevent them from being endangered and compromised, but I know what you mean. I should probably add the three above-mentioned currently relatively safe websites to our censor filter.

I use Opera’s adblock and it blocks every pop-up the site normally has, but it doesn’t block the new widow that opens when I click something.

I’ve used it for years and had not a single issue.
Hmm. I have been told that Opera transmits all personal information that you insert into it to be used at will by the CCP though, so I don't dare to use that particular internet browser.

Last edited:
Oh, It's too bad that RCO was turned into a dangerous site, as most of the Marvel, Dark Horse and IDW Godzilla scans in vswiki come from there.
Well, there are some comparatively safe alternatives available, as we mentioned above.

WARNING: There is a Discord hack going on regarding some weird game that it tells you to download, which if you do and then enter the password, your entire PC gets hacked to kingdom come and all your confidentials are hacked. Some of it has spread from Discord to here. DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, GO ANYWHERE NEAR THOSE LINKS. REPORT AND BLOCK THEM.

Thank you for the warning. I will update the first post of this thread accordingly. 🙏

Hmm. I have been told that Opera transmit all personal information that you insert into it to be used at will by the CCP though, so I don't dare to use that particular internet browser.
I've never heard of that, and I don't really have any personal information on this broswer, so I don't mind even if it were true.

Yes, I was informed one of our staff members was hacked and was told to block him until further notice.

I have now updated the first post of this thread and its double-highlighted warning message.

What game is it in particular? Granted i don't download random shit but i would like to know anyway? Is it one of those pop up sexy games? Feel like im fine as i dont play random shit nor click random links but yea thanks

What game is it in particular? Granted i don't download random shit but i would like to know anyway? Is it one of those pop up sexy games? Feel like im fine as i dont play random shit nor click random links but yea
Something called The Calamity. Weird guy with weird elemental powers and some platforming here and there. Nothing too suggestive.

I've never heard of that, and I don't really have any personal information on this broswer, so I don't mind even if it were true.
Any generic bog standard browser that doesn't use a fox for their browser logo is doing this.

It is based off this game from two years ago, the discord hacking has been going on since a year ago according to the comments.

Last edited:
Any generic bog standard browser that doesn't use a fox for their browser logo is doing this.
Yes, but the CCP uses hundreds of Nazi-level gulags against its own citizens. I would definitely even trust the CIA and FBI over that.

It is based off this game from two years, the discord hacking has been going on since a year ago according to the comments.
Is that website or the game there dangerous?

Back