• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Warning!!!! Your accounts are being taken over by hackers!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a note that I will make an attempt to send out another mass-email to all of our unbanned members once I have my stationary computer up and running tomorrow after it came back from repairs recently, as my tablet is evidently not ideal for handling this kind of operation, and it also makes me unable to handle my regular work on it in the meantime.

I do not know. I just tried to spend around 5 hours sending an email to all of our roughly 11,800 signed up and unbanned members, and this time there was no apparent error. If that did not work, I do not know what to do.

I could try to send the email to our current and retired staff members only tomorrow though, in lack of better options.

Well, I used to get even more of them, but our members keep requiring my help, and even though I try to sift down the number of threads I am engaged in to the most important or personally interesting, there is still a lot to do.

I already use 2PA, an omniblock browser and rarely engage with the external forum anymore (I don't think I've ever commented/posted in the Vs polls) but just in case I've changed my password to be more secure.

Remember this doesn't just apply to VSBW, I know we've likely heard it all dozens of times before but to reiterate don't click/tap on any suspicions links on any site or platform and ALWAYS stay vigilant while online (you'll be surprised how easy it is to misclick on an ad/mail or unintentionally reveal your password and just like that there goes all your personal details).

I already use 2PA, an omniblock browser and rarely engage with the external forum anymore (I don't think I've ever commented/posted in the Vs polls) but just in case I've changed my password to be more secure.

Remember this doesn't just apply to VSBW, I know we've likely heard it all dozens of times before but to reiterate don't click/tap on any suspicions links on any site or platform and ALWAYS stay vigilant while online (you'll be surprised how easy it is to misclick on an ad/mail or unintentionally reveal your password and just like that there goes all your personal details).
I strongly recommend that you all pay close attention to this advice.

Anyway, did my latest attempt show up somewhere in your email folders, including the spam folders?

Nope, still nothing, even in my spam folder.
Hmm. That is not good at all. I spent a lot of time sending out those 11,800 messages. Maybe I did something wrong. I will ask our system manager for information.

Last edited:
I would recommend not waste your time doing a massive-email msgs again.... We could just wait and check if there's more hacked accounts then block them and try to get in contact with those users. This thread is enough for now.
This. At this rate if it hasn't worked three times in a row, suffice to say it's probably not a good idea to try a fourth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back