• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Virus warning about the read comic online website and a dangerous file spread by compromised Discord accounts

2c5c7f1fa2fd2686fd5c67f36f87889c.png

I have already sent the warning to one of the biggest unofficial VSBW servers. Ya, it is a bit of an issue.

Thank you very much for helping out, Dread.

@Moritzva

Would you also be willing to help out in this regard?

Brave has an inbuilt adblock, and it didn't help sufficiently, since these problems were randomly activated by clicking on the search bar or comic book links. As such I felt a responsibility to try to protect our community members who often use that site a lot.
In my case, it's anywhere I click on the screen containing the website.

Yes, but the CCP uses hundreds of Nazi-level gulags against its own citizens. I would definitely even trust the CIA and FBI over that.
The best mindset for cybersecurity is to trust as few sources as possible and to tie up any loose ends, no matter how painfully involved or technical the process is. Technology and cybersecurity is quite literally our future unfortunately.

Remind me again why you thought using a pirating website was a good idea? I wouldn't even link to fan-translation websites with how touchy of a topic that is.

Yes, I know.

But would we have to replace the RCO links of the scans in vswiki?
We should preferably use our wiki itself for hosting separate scans, and Imgur if absolutely necessary, but I doubt that direct links to the Google-hosted images themselves contain viruses.

Remind me again why you thought using a pirating website was a good idea? I wouldn't even link to fan-translation websites with how touchy of a topic that is.
Well, I use it very seldom, as I am not interested in the vast majority of western superhero comic books anymore, and as I stated above, I use as many precautions as I know about.

He wasn't linking to pirated websites on this site or anything like that; however, there is no rule against using pirated websites for personal entertainment such as being able to read comics, watch episodes + movies, or play games for free. But of course proceeding with caution and sticking to ones that have verified safe accounts is different.

Just saying, I think the folks who've been dogged by the Discord link are halfwits for clicking anything when they didn't know exactly what it was they were clicking, that's pretty much the beginning and end of it, I haven't even SEEN the link and don't use RCO for literally any reason

Feels bad. I always support the authors and never really pirate anything.
That is very laudable, but not always realistic for simply verifying the reliability of source material for feats, or running out of funds and physical storage space. I try to pay for as much entertainment as I can afford though, if it is material that I genuinely enjoy.

Well have you found any alternatives for the website at this point?
See here:
https:// comic extra .net/ - was deemed safe / no trigger for me

https:// read comics free .org/ - no trigger and deemed safe

https:// wall comic .com/ - deemed safe with no triggers
You still need to use the standard safety precautions with the Brave browser, at least one great antivirus program, and a safe paid for VPN service though.

Last edited:
Feels bad. I always support the authors and never really pirate anything.
There are a lot of issues with looking for some really obscure/discontinued works and the only way to find them is to find an outrageously overpriced copy on Amazon or Ebay. That's the main reason. Likewise, there are times where even if I support a work already made, I am reluctant to support the artist turning out to be an awful person or a company being an awful company. And thus want to find a way to enjoy their work without helping people who don't deserve to get rich get richer.

Of course, for stuff like brand new Nintendo Switch games, I will purchase them when I can. But a lot of niche games on older consoles or a bunch of games never released outside of Japan literally has pirating being the only option for me. Especially with translation patches and stuff.

https : / / comic extra . net / - was deemed safe / no trigger for me

https : / / read comics free . org / - no trigger and deemed safe

https : / / wall comic . com / - deemed safe with no triggers
I recommend putting spaces; the way I did it is probably overkill but even so. And removing blue links; copy/pasting to URLs is still fine however and removing spaces when searching yes. It's just a safety rule we have.

You gotta understand how availability is an issue and how nonsensical digital subscriptions are generally. If I can't get it at all, let alone a license for it via a one time fee, I'm gonna take to the high seas.

The latter almost certainly is a service issue. I generally avoid pirating otherwise.

I recommend putting spaces; the way I did it is probably overkill but even so. And removing blue links; copy/pasting to URLs is still fine however and removing spaces when searching yes. It's just a safety rule we have.
Yes. I will have to place direct links to those sites on our automated censor filter soon.

Well currently, I can't speak in the realm of comics, I have no knowledge on how people actually read them legally, or how expensive it is. So I can only talk in terms of novels and mangas (physical ones).

Altho in general media, like books and movies (but in movies one, I do be honest, I am not always clean) – keyword “not always”, I really like supporting them.

But, in general, I dislike pirating due to my personal experience, and the overwhelming amount of worries you have about getting hacked and also not getting any viruses. This is why I always like to avoid pirating.

Last edited:
That's totally fine, in fact that last point is why I believe its a bad idea to recommend your preferred sources for pirated content. Outside of the money issue, webhosts can change their sites on a whim and attempt to pack malicious code into their content.

You're always taking a risk when pirating, every time.

Last edited:
Yes. Agreed. I just wanted to warn our members about that the site mentioned in my first post of this thread has turned considerably extra dangerous, since a large part of them seem to use it.

See here:

You still need to use the standard safety precautions with the Brave browser, at least one great antivirus program, and a safe paid for VPN service though.
Its better than nothing besides if you could not find any like these that could have not ended well well good thing yall found some

Not everyone is tech-savvy so warnings like these are fine.

I would recommend people to check places on reddit like r/Piracy and r/FREEMEDIAHECKYEAH as these are active communities who are continuously checking and highlighting trusted and untrusted websites and sources.

Not everyone is tech-savvy so warnings like these are fine.

I would recommend people to check places on reddit like r/Piracy and r/FREEMEDIAHECKYEAH as these are active communities who are continuously checking and highlighting trusted and untrusted websites and sources.
Ight I needed this thanks

I didn’t even notice this announcement xD, thank you for addressing and speaking up for us 🙏

I have now added direct full links to the above-mentioned comic book readings sites to our automatic censor filter.

Well, the site is apparently filled with viruses, so it is safer to use the alternatives that we mentioned.

Thanks a lot for helping out. You are awesome. 🙂🙏💖

I hope that our staff will accept your application to become a content moderator during our next recruitment survey.

LMFAO
Also this is kind of off topic but does anyone have a safe manga reading site?
I wanna read fist of the north star but Mangasee doesn't have all the chapters.

Hello.

When I visited the "read comic online .li" website yesterday while using my Brave tracking-preventing browser to access it, and with my VPN active, BOTH my Bitdefender and Avast Antivirus programs, which had their virus link guards activated, registered malicious activity on several occasions when I clicked to either use the site's search function or to access a comic book, along with that I was redirected to a very suspicious page that wanted me to "click yes to prove that you are not a robot".

This has not happened previously (although I have only visited very occasionally for the past year or so), but regardless of the reasons, the site seems to have turned very dangerous recently, so I heavily advice against visiting it until we know for a fact that it has permanently turned safe again.

This is also very important regarding an extremely dangerous Discord file that completely hijacks your computer:
Keep this one in mind as well.
image.png

image.png

Good thing for me is that I'm really ******* stupid but I'm not gullible so I ignored it.
Y'all should too.
Always look at their profiles, see if they have any mutual servers or friends, etc.
In fact decline it even if they have mutual servers and friends, if they have a weird bio like these two at least, can't truly trust anyone nowadays.

Back