• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vindicator: Dawning - RP Thread

In the year 2099, society has grown more advanced. Weaponry, transportation and technology overall has progressed at a rapid pace. These advancements, however, appeared to catch the attention of a foreign world.

A ship of unknown origin crashes in Death Valley. Not long after the spacecraft crash lands, military forces are present and preparing to meet whoever or whatever possesses the ship. You are a part of the force of soldiers sent to deal with these matters.

Driven out to Death Valley after putting on your armor, you go and prepare for whatever awaits at the ship. You have no idea what awaits at the crash site of the spacecraft...

Registration Thread

“Oh! My apologies I must’ve not seen you there...It’s great to you meet you!

Shambling bones hovers towards you

“You have a magnificent figure! To what pleasure do I owe your company?”

“Such a deep and philosophical question to start with. What am I? I could give you the rundown and tell you all about me. Obviously I won’t since no one really cares.”

The structure shakes and jangles its body,with its limbs barely hanging on.

CHK CHK

“I am...a Care...Uh...hmmmph. C-a-r-e-t-a-k-e-r. That’s what I am,yeah!”

Last edited:
“Well then, what exactly’s this whole debacle about?” An armored man approaches the current gathering, being part of the military force provided to deal with this sort of thing. He wears a leather jacket, alongside high tech gloves, over his current armor set. “We’re dealing with Aliens and get provided some form of Skeleton creature to deal with it? And what’re you, some form of Knight? It’s 2099, not the Middle Ages.”
He laughs, sticking out a single hand toward the both of them, in hopes they’ll shake. “Nice to meet you all. Name’s Alexander, you can call me Alex. Presume yer here to help out with the giant spacecraft as well? Hope you’re prepared, we’ve probably got work to do.”

“Well then, that’s good. Whatever’s in that thing, it’s bad news. See all the forces we’re bringing out? No way something powerful isn’t in there. We haven’t even gotten everyone here yet, there’s more en route. And in Death Valley, of all the places and all the times. Guess whatever’s in their’s bout to learn their lesson then.”

(Won’t be active much until 6pm EST,sorry if I take forever to respond)
"Throughout my life I have seen confusing things, but you take the trophy"
“aaaaaa-AH! I nearly forgot to extend to courtesy. Who are you? Of course...you don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to but it would be an honor to meet you!”

He laughs, sticking out a single hand toward the both of them, in hopes they’ll shake. “Nice to meet you all. Name’s Alexander, you can call me Alex. Presume yer here to help out with the giant spacecraft as well? Hope you’re prepared, we’ve probably got work to do.”
“A pleasure....nghhh”

Rattling and crunching, it’s hard shell turns bright yellow

“...I would extend the courtesy-If I had limbs of course. AL. A-LEX...ANDer.

ALEX-ANDER. Alexander! What a wonderful name! I don’t really know what work we’re doing..but I am always here to assist you with your endeavors!”

Suddenly, the ship starts again. Whoever is inside appeared to be trying to get it off the ground and leave.

"Fire!" One of the commanders shouts toward the numerous soldiers. Immediately after the command was given, multiple soldiers began to fire their guns toward the ship. It was doing practically nothing, even amongst all of the soldiers that were firing almost omnidirectionally.

“WHAT THE-“ Alex shouts, startled by the sudden sounds of many, many soldiers firing all at once. He hadn‘t expected an escape this early. This many troops must’ve startled the enemy! They need to think of a plan, quickly. “You two! Skeleton, Knight! Opening fire on this thing doesn’t seem to do much. All I’ve got is a knife, and I’d prefer not to throw it head-on into a potential battleship. What’ve you got on you? We need something, stat!”

The ship begins to barely hover off the ground, rotating as something begins to pop out of it. Sure enough, they appeared to be some kind of cannons appearing by the front of the ship, taking aim at the individuals below. The ship was seemingly short on power, so the cannons on it would slowly begin to whir as an ominous purple light was flickering and beginning to emanate from the cannon's openings.

The homonuculus rattled and knacked, dragging the torso towards cover

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa-a-a-a. I’m ok,how about you Angelo?”

Last edited:
The ship hovered a bit higher before eventually dropping in altitude. It looked as though the cannons were draining the ship's energy. Whoever was piloting it would have to choose between firing their way out or spending all of the ship's remaining energy on a getaway attempt.

“A Shotgun? It doesn’t seem to be making a dent....” Alex perks up. He’s about to say something, but then notices that the ship’s coming down. He suddenly has an idea. “Know what? What’re we hiding for! We’re soldiers, dang it! It can’t fire and fly at the same time. Let’s find a way to board.“
Too easily excited to really care for any objections, Alexander begins to sneak around the area, attempting to be unseen by the Ship’s Pilot and find a blind spot that they can’t board with.

The ship continued to hover. The cannons appeared to power down, and the ship began to slowly gain altitude.

“No, no, no, no!” Alexander shouts. He’s no one to give orders, but he likes to play leader so he’ll try. “I’m doing fine, Skeleton, they never opened fire. Knight, soldiers, focus fire on the ships engines! If we can cause them to burst, they may lose their altitude, or, even better, their ship to lose power!”
Having supposedly found no entry point, Alex will instead attempt to take his knife out, and throw it towards the supposed area it’s being piloted from. Perhaps that area would be weaker than the rest of the ship, requiring to see out of it? Who knows, but it’s worth a shot.

The knife didn't put a scratch on the ship, and it continued to slowly creep up and gain altitude at a slightly faster rate...

“I’m rather worthless here,so...uh. I’ll provide you postive reinforcement!

“You can do it! Do that thing your trying to do! Nothing can stop you now.Whatever it is..”

“You can try something, Skeleton! No one’s worthless! Throw your shovel at it or something- it’s worth a shot, you can always pick it up later. For now though...” Alexander proceeds to dip into the little military camp they have set up. “I’m going to try and find an explosive!” Should he find an explosive, you know what’s happening. Bomb. Ship. Make it happen.

They hadn't yet had a chance to use explosives on the ship due to it flying up higher. However, they did have explosives at their disposal to utilize.

“I sure would,but I can’t exactly lend you a hand...ha-ha...err. My point being is that I have no limbs Alexander, but I hope my words of inspiration are enough!”

“eee...aaa...hmmm...

N E V E R G I V E U P!”

"If we destroy the main engine, it will be slower and it will only have the secondary ones that should be less powerful" Angelo continued firing

The ship continued to elevate. However, it seemed as though the power of the ship is slowly declining, as the speed of its ascension had decreased at this point.

Gosh darn it. I guess all these explosives are just ground explosives then. He needs to stop the ship somehow, though. Hopefully some of those extra troops get here soon, but now he has an idea. He’s wearing the armor- this armor can apparently increase your natural strength and durability. May as well try that out.
Crouching down, bending his knees, Alexander proceeds to leap through the air. He’s trying to grab hold of the ship, and keep hold of the ship, attempting to use his lifting strength coupled with his gloves to stick on.
“What in the world’s this thing made of? Yer shots do absolutely nothing! And we don’t even have explosives! What military doesn’t have explosives? I swear....” Yeah ok he’s just rambling in frustration by now.

(The ships escaping and we don’t have any grenades. that’s all. Oh, and it’s literally impenetrable by anything we seem to dish out, disregarding the Antimatter Shovel since Caretaker can’t throw it.)

(**** I forgot about that,I thought you were referring to a regular shovel).

“You know Alexander, you have limbs. I recommend to throw the shovel at the ship...”

Sadly, Alexander is a bit busy trying to leap/hold onto a flying spaceship. He’s also a bit agitated at it due to the fact that nothing can penetrate it, so he can’t quite hear you at the moment. What a shame.

(It’s fine. Alex doesn’t even know it’s Antimatter, Antimatter looks exactly like normal matter. He was just suggesting you do something, lol)

“a-a-a-a-ahah! Another good friend is awake! I’m-

The pieces quake,dodging a blast from the craft

“I guess there aren’t any time for greetings...can you throw that shovel over there?”

“Hnngh...You don’t have to , but it would be of great help!”

Back