• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Video Games Hot Takes

@The_Axiom_of_Virgo I feel like Battlefield 2042 and Halo infinite might end up being the blood in the water for what might end up being an end to live service games given how piss poor both games were handled.

Yeah Fallout 2 has some of the funniest writing I’ve seen in a WRPG. Shame a lot of the writing and cool ideas for the series got wasted with Bethesda’s hands.

You guys talking bout fallout, halo, battlefield, gow, etc.

but you guys haven’t talked about smash bros and how good it is along with it being part of a kids childhood

You mean baby’s first fighting game? I never really liked the gameplay in smash and the high level always looked really boring to me since it either has the same characters being used over and over (melee) or the tactics hardly differ much.

Resident Evil 7 isn't a good horror game. I genuinely couldnt get scared and everything seemed very predictable. The game is good tho

Same for The Evil Within 2. There are some moments that make you shit your pants, but that's the problem, it's only in some moments, not for 97% of the game. The first TEW was magnificent and could make you shit your pants simply by thinking about the possibilities, something I didn't feel in the second game. At least the TEW2 managed to explore Sebastian way better than the first game and give us the most badass scene that I have ever seen

1. Minecraft, while great, is overrated.
and...
KBKmq22.png

I'm just speaking facts here. Sorry Minecraft fans.

@The_Axiom_of_Virgo I feel like Battlefield 2042 and Halo infinite might end up being the blood in the water for what might end up being an end to live service games given how piss poor both games were handled.

Yeah Fallout 2 has some of the funniest writing I’ve seen in a WRPG. Shame a lot of the writing and cool ideas for the series got wasted with Bethesda’s hands.
Agreed Xenoverse 2 was a hilarious example of this, it started out as a really good sequel to the first game then it transformed into a 7yrs+ live service pseudo MMO with several paid DLCs, season passes, expansions, etc It got to the point the Dragon Ball fandom started experiencing the Half-Life 3 syndrome lol!

It's still bizarre to think Xenoverse 3 is coming out in 2024 (nearly a decade after the second game which only came out not even two years after the first game). I do hope live service games die off somewhat, it's essentially the videogame equivalent of the streaming service bubble.
But smash bros ultimate.
It's a good game and Sakurai is the G but I dunno the "biggest videogame crossover of all time" just doesn't do it for me anymore.

@The_Axiom_of_Virgo Kinda insane how Elden Ring is like the literal opposite of Xenoverse 2 where the game feels like 100 dollar game yet they sold it for 60 which blows my mind, If and when they do DLC for ER I just can't fathom how large the areas will become with ER's philosophy.

@Artorimachi_Meteoraft you mean the objectively best fighting game franchise ever made? Of course it never bores me.

@The_Axiom_of_Virgo Kinda insane how Elden Ring is like the literal opposite of Xenoverse 2 where the game feels like 100 dollar game yet they sold it for 60 which blows my mind, If and when they do DLC for ER I just can't fathom how large the areas will become with ER's philosophy.

@Artorimachi_Meteoraft you mean the objectively best fighting game franchise ever made? Of course it never bores me.
well at least there's one thing we can both agree on, blazblue is awesome.

@The_Axiom_of_Virgo Kinda insane how Elden Ring is like the literal opposite of Xenoverse 2 where the game feels like 100 dollar game yet they sold it for 60 which blows my mind, If and when they do DLC for

Glad your favourite fighting franchise is still kicking, my favourite (Virtua Fighter) is stuck in the Sega IP Limbo even tho it got a remaster in 2021 (albeit it didn't do too well).

@The_Axiom_of_Virgo Get into BB, you'll find it a blast with how wacky and insane the series gets, with music, story and gameplay.
I unironically prefer GG although Ragna is an infinitely more engaging MC than Sol.
maxresdefault.jpg

One thing that blazblue has over other games is Hazama. Can't get enough of this guy
The uno reverse step on me fetish.
Resident Evil 6 > Resident Evil 4
I know for a fact, if said that in certain communities the last thing you will see is "stars".

you guys ain't ready for my hot take, you won't find a single other person who shares this opinion with me...

3D Sonic games? BAD!!
burgerpants-7061.jpg

This thread is called hot takes, not room temperature takes, smh.
Room 101 to be precise.

Still I find it funny when a videogame becomes conspicuously popular, it's the "hot take" to hate it but eventually hating a videogame due to how ubiquitous and overexposed/overrated it indeed becomes the lukewarm take and it's paradoxically a "hot take" to actually enjoy it (same is true for niche games to an extent). Opinions are more fickle than the weather and cats combined (raining cats even).

@The_Axiom_of_Virgo Well I've seen some folks who just act like a contrarian for the sake of it, like one dude who was ******** on GoW ragnarok and had some of the dumbest reasoning for why the game is bad. Like it's so bad you have to question if he's trolling or not cause people in his chat or in his comment section point out a lot of stuff he got blatantly wrong and has some of the stupidest refutes I've seen.

Five Nights at Freddy's 3 is the best entry in the Five Nights at Freddy's franchise and its not that bad of a game, and Scott should have ended the franchise without making FNAF 4.

Back