• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Video Games Hot Takes

D04-E200-B-39-DC-40-BD-B839-8-B40-E82-B6035.jpg

HOLY SHIT GUYS I MADE THE 200th reply

Elyan remember when i told you about @RandomGuy2345 and him telling me to nuke myself.

Well I actually used it to my own advantage here with the nuke. (I’m not trying to make fun of random or anything related to what happened) I made the nuke as a way of saying, I screwed up once and I want to everyone know don’t be like me.

the nuke is a way of saying, if you be like me like what happened to me on randoms thread then you deserve the nuke. It also makes me want to avoid the nuke too

@GiornoGiovannaF Can you elaborate how exactly the open world is boring? Because that just sounds completely subjective as it felt interesting to explore every corner.

yeah I don’t know what you’re talking about by everything else being copy pasted 100 times, are you talking about the enemies in general having random variants? Because video games do this all the time with new variants of the same enemy to spice up the challenge.

how does the combat suck? And what do you mean by overtuned as ****? Them having the same moveset is just flat out wrong, telling me Radahn is in anyway shape or form identical to Malenia or Margit or Godfrey is not true.

it’s almost like that’s the entire point of Spirit summons in the first place, another way for unskilled players to get through any tough encounters by having someone help them get the aggro off of them, especially if it means they don’t have to worry about getting invaded whenever they summon an actual player into the game. If it’s too easy with the summons you can just you know, not use them.

Have mercy on his soul, Malenia, Blade of Miquella, yelled "Its Miquella time!" and Miquellad all over him, I can relate

@First_Witch you and I both know you enjoyed every single time you got Miquella’d, don’t lie to me 🗿

Anyways Zelda is an overrated franchise and the only good games are ALTTP, ALBW, the oracle games, and Wind Waker, everything else is boring and the rest of the 3-D Zelda games suffer from the same predictable formula for dungeons that started since Ocarina which is super lame.

Before is Warhammer franchise, and now DnD?
What the **** is wrong with TTRPG license nowadays?
Sad part is, atleast with Games Workshop and fan animations, something people skip over a lot is, they start by offering you a job to work as an official animator (See Astartes and Helsreach, and the lads who were hired to make Hammer&Bolter), where as Wizards for seemingly no reason at all has randomly decided to kneecap it's biggest source of fans for the last 20+ years.

I'd rage quit atp.
like i played Geomtery Dash where i died a lot but the overall atmosphere of the game as well as the colors and music and the lack of stakes made it so i never raged there. Same goes for hollow knight where bosses are hard as well as a few areas but it was beautiful and pleasant and i kept playing (except for white palace that place is painful). But games like dark souls where you just keep walking through dark castles/dungeons/whatever filled with monsters and having a hard time...i don't get it

@Arceus0x we like the challenge, simple as that, either that or we’re masochists. Either one is equally valid.
i like a good challenge but when there's more to it than just the challenge. I probably wouldn't play Celeste if it didn't have cool pixel art and great atmosphere. I probably wouldn't play Hollow Knight if it was just like castlevania. It's kinda like that. I played and liked Geometry Dash but I wouldn't wanna play The Hardest Game Ever.

I means that’s what the souls series is, a good challenge. Whenever you die or mess up it’s almost always your fault. It’s not Halo 2 Legendary where the game is fundamentally broken in the design to where some weapons or tactics will not work no matter what you do, that’s a difficulty where the game just says **** you just because. At least for me I enjoy souls games because of the metroidvania design it has plus the challenge.

I means that’s what the souls series is, a good challenge. Whenever you die or mess up it’s almost always your fault. It’s not Halo 2 Legendary where the game is fundamentally broken in the design to where some weapons or tactics will not work no matter what you do, that’s a difficulty where the game just says **** you just because. At least for me I enjoy souls games because of the metroidvania design it has plus the challenge.
ok

My dad and I would play this game a lot. I used to play it as a kid too, the 2nd one but I did enjoy the 3rd one a lot

98-D78-FD3-58-E9-4-A5-A-BA9-F-463-C77-FCF7-A9.jpg

great game but I got bored later

For those who don’t know this video game series it’s called heroes of might and magic.

it’s a really old game series and only Homm2 and Homm3 are the good ones

Halo Infinite and Battlefield 2042 disappoint me as a fan of both franchise.
Halo 2 and Reach, with BF 1 are better.

Dwarf Fortress is the first in Strategy Game of The Year in 2023 DICE awards.
A freakin indie game that developed by just two people defeated a lot of AAA company?
Seriously, that game deserve it. I have a blast playing Dwarf Fortress.

Is it wrong for me to say that I don't like Souls like games because I just don't like the type of gameplay? Now please don't get me wrong I think games like Elden Ring are pretty great, but what's the point of playing the game if the gameplay isn't something you enjoy as much as others do?

Back