• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Versus Thread Removal Requests 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
No, that means he has it in his hammerspace, his optional items are in his hammerspace,
Says who?

OP?

OP didn't.

And nobody asked.

More the reason for all the matches to be redone. No discussion was had. And it is presumed that if you have an item, you have an item out - Thanos doesn't need to grab The Infinity Gauntlet and put it on before snapping, and I'd like you to find a single thread that says he must.

The gauntlet is a really bad example. Thanos is almost always wearing that thing. Of course he wouldn't need to slip that thing on. Gumball was never wearing that helmet outside that one episode, and wasn't even always wearing it.

Buttersamuri said:
The gauntlet is a really bad example. Thanos is almost always wearing that thing. Of course he wouldn't need to slip that thing on. Gumball was never wearing that helmet outside that one episode, and wasn't even always wearing it.
But if it's established he has it equipped during a match then he's obviously going to be wearing it from the start. This is an incredibly contrived double standard.

It isn't argued that Sonic the Hedgehog can be killed before he can use the Chaos Emeralds to become Super Sonic. It isn't argued that Vegito's halves can be killed before they can use the Potara earrings. It isn't argued that Tony Stark won't already be armored up when the match starts. So what makes Gumball's equipment any different, besides your made up rule to spite him for no reason.

And Naughty Bear. No. Definitely not. If Darwin managed to knock it off his head. Someone as skilled, smart, and equipped as naughty has no issue. Plus him using fear hacks which Gumball has never faced nore has any realistic way to stop. His helmet doesn't offer nearly enough luck to stop him long enough before getting outskilled

Buttersamuri said:
Also. The Helmet doesn't offer Luck that's necessarily useful in combat. It at least didn't offer anything really useful in the episode. Darwin kept finding cool stuff.
They couldn't hit him because their aim sucked, they even said so. There was only one time where he walked close a bird flew in the way of her shot. Which was one time. It offered minimal luck in that combat scenario. He did find a tennis ball machine and could pose it yes. Which while was lucky, Literally right after that, Darwin smacks it off his head using a tennis ball. So it's very easily knocked off. It's also easily destroyed. And it's combat usage is helpful at best with finding a weapon that may come in handy.
It actively helped Gumball for an extended period of time when fighting his family, and again, was only stopped by PIS. None of this was even remotely discussed on any thread, at all.

This isn't a matter of "Gumball should of won these!", it's a matter of "These were incredibly poorly debated and ignored Gumball's capabilities!"

This is why Naughty Bear and similar threads are to be removed.

Speaking of Low 6-B, we should look into possibly removing Kenshiro vs Aladdin. Or at the very least redoing it, it was done back when both were High 6-C and iirc Ken might have gotten some changes. Both are now a tier above and its been a couple of years so it might be worth revisting.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1127497

Keldeo and Tails have a kinda similar case. Tails got upgraded, but Keldeo already had a key in the same tier as Tails is now so that match can still be redone (i've made my own thread for it), but the current one is outdated.

The Dante match on Discord (IDW)'s profile needs to be removed. I can't link the match cause mobile but I pointed out that the match was a stomp to n the thread and the match was added anyways.

Because none of Discord's abilities could affect Dante and the one that was suggested to work to make it not a stomp, BFR, is countered by Dante having Dimensional Travel.

Sleep Manip lasts for a few seconds and apparently Dante has resurrection anyway. Besides, I'm pretty sure we had a thread for characters only having one possible ability to win not counting as a wincon.

Hank vs Ping Pong Paddle

And

Phoenix vs Ping Ping Paddle

Ping Pong has Mid regen. They ain't bypassing that ever. Nuff said.

Hank vs TTT. This isn't a stomp or anything. But it entirely glossed over anything hank could actually do. Saying TTT could handle anything hank could throw at him, which simply wasn't true. It was a barely 2 times power gap, and hank had a piercing weapon, plus preparation. His knowledge on hunting as well wasn't really considered. Saying he typically fights humans, when he also does enjoy hunting animals. I think a Rematch is necessary and the old one removed.

Hank vs Freddy, I was told for this one to be brought here since Hank has like a 5 times gap, massive strength edge, Skills, and his arsenal all over Freddy.

Shrek vs Grug needs to be removed as it's a stomp for Shrek

Shrek is, what, a megajoule? Grug is calcless, thus rendering him baseline, and he lacks any sort of ability to do jack to Shrek, so he gets slapped, plain and simple. Ad nothing is stopping Shrek from using fearhax or farting, both of which are very in-character for him

This should be removed from both profiles, or re-done. Yujiro is now vastly above 15 kilotons in base and vastly above 65 kilotons in DB.

I removed it.

The Deep Sea King matches and a Kaneki match were already removed; I removed the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back