• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Verses with high sexual content (STAFF ONLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already wrote the basis for a new guideline quite awhile ago:

"While we do feature some franchises with mature content, those that are primarily focused on, or are only composed of excessive levels of sexual content will not be featured here".

If it needs a little rewording that's fine, but this is all I can do for now.

Well, I suppose that seems fine. Into which existing rule text should it be integrated?

There's this:

Preferably avoid adding character profiles that may be inappropriate or perceived to be in poor taste. This may include characters, weapons, etcetera, that are ill-suited for a statistics-indexing wiki, due to having no reliable feats, or ones from media which may be too controversial or otherwise unnecessary to be featured. This includes pages that would strictly be written as a joke, and as such more suitably belong in the Joke Battles wiki. Although pages for mature verses like Berserk and Demonbane are allowed, they must have coherent stories that are not strictly focused on sex, and the pages have to be kept clean, without erotic images.

But it already says that verses should not strictly be focused on sex. So, I'm not sure what was so controversial in the first place.

Regardless, perhaps that bit could be replaced with the text I mentioned? And then be followed up by the "the pages have to be kept clean, without erotic images." ending?

Okay. Is this fine then?

"Preferably avoid adding character profiles that may be inappropriate or perceived to be in poor taste. This may include characters, weapons, etcetera, that are ill-suited for a statistics-indexing wiki, due to having no reliable feats, or ones from media which may be too controversial or otherwise unnecessary to be featured. This includes pages that would strictly be written as a joke, and as such more suitably belong in the Joke Battles wiki. Although we do feature some franchises with mature content, those that are primarily focused on, or are only composed of, excessive levels of sexual content will not be featured here, and the pages have to be kept clean, without erotic images."

Thank you.

Is that enough for our purposes, or is there anything left to do here?

Terribly sorry I'm taking hours to respond, I'm incredibly busy atm so I'm pretty much limited to Discord chatter.

Anyway, that looks fine. Hopefully no one tries to get around that with technicalities are what-ifs.

Should we close this thread?

Or should we first start and link to a new staff discussion regarding removing all hentai series from the wiki, as they are no longer allowed according to our rules, and Fandom has started to remove them.

In recent profile deletion request threads there was disagreement over whether Huniepop and AIKa should be deleted, but they ended up getting deleted in the end.

I don't know of any other hentai series we have.

I don't know either of those verses unfortunately, but yeah if any verse has high sexual content then it should probably be deleted.

Having sex as part of its gameplay doesn't count. GTA and the Witcher have that and they are perfectly tame compared to literal hentai simulators.

I thought that much of the point with the new rule was to not make exceptions.

With Huniepop and Friends gone, it really appears as if MGQ is a stand-alone outlier now.

Otherwise known as, an exception.

Huniepop is 100% harmless, it even has a non-H version you can buy on steam, and Aika isn't even hentai.

Also we allow profiles for Masou Gakuen HxH, a series where the main character has sex with his older sister and his mother who's de-aged into a 12 year old simultaneously on-screen, and where girls power up their battle suits through *******. And by proxy, Shinmai Maou no Testament which has numerous explicit sex-scenes in its pages. Or plenty of manga and visual novels with explicit sex scenes.

People are still bizarrely adverse to sex in all forms. The people that populate this site need to stop acting like a strange mixture of tele-evangelicals and insecure virgin teenagers.

Then can we allow Huniepop back? Since there's no way in hell we should shoot down that, yet also keep MGQ. And we just had months of discussion ob how MGQ was completely fine.

@Matthew

I am just saying that we should follow our regulations and that I have heard that Fandom is removing hentai wikis now.

@Konaguna

I am an economic leftist, yes, but I am also rather conservative otherwise. Also, this is just an entertainment wiki, intended for general audiences, not an important social influencer.

I kept saying it's fine but insecure people who can't handle boobies got shy around it.

Who cares if it's not a combative verse. There's plenty like that on the wiki. And it's shockingly tame content wise.

@Antvasima

All The Tropes Wiki, Mahou Kaiju Wiki, Alicesoft Wiki are all fine. As is the All-Ages Wikis for Masou Gakuen HxH which contains lewd pictures and far-more detailed descriptions of the sexual scenes than what I gave so far.

The argument that Fandom will get mad at us is nothing but fear mongering.

One last thing I wanna say is that I am impressed people don't want sexual content here, but then you have verses like My Little Pony. You know who watches MLP? Little Girls and Peadophiles. and I'll bet you none here affiliated with MLP is a little girl

Konaguna said:
One last thing I wanna say is that I am impressed people don't want sexual content here, but then you have verses like My Little Pony. You know who watches MLP? Little Girls and Peadophiles. and I'll bet you none here affiliated with MLP is a little girl
Holy shit dude, stop. This is egregiously wrong on so many levels.

Are all of them supposed to be all ages wiki? (I know Fandom as a whole isn't all ages but that is literally a line on our site rules so I imagine we are at least trying to be accessible to underaged users)

WeeklyBattles said:
>100% harmless

The entire game is nothing but seducing women or having sex with them. Thats the entire game.
Weren't you arguing for CoC earlier?

I'm saying that by our standards a game that has essentially no story, no actual feats, and is nothing but sex wouldn't be allowed here

Andytrenom said:
Are all of them supposes to be all ages wiki? (I know Fandom as a whole isn't all ages but that is literally a line on our site rules so I imagine we are at least trying to be accessible to underaged users)
Shinmai Maou no Testament, Maou Gakuen HxH, and Slave Harem in Another World are all three Light Novels that are the definition of NSFW in many scenes. And yet all have All-Ages Wikis.

You can find blatant hentai series with All Ages wikis in Fandom.

WeeklyBattles said:
I'm saying that by our standards a game that has essentially no story, no actual feats, and is nothing but sex wouldn't be allowed here
1. Feats do not remotely matter to this discussion.

2. Do you agree with those standards? Since there's one hell of a difference between a dating sim Bejeweled and Corruption of Mo' ******' Champions.

WeeklyBattles said:
Comedy Slice of Life verses have been allowed. Huniepop is ridiculously tame compared to the ocean of depravity that is the game you were asking for. Don't start this again, Weekly.

@Matthew

It isn't fearmongering. I have been told that they have removed Uncyclopedia and various hentai wikis, but I can ask them personally whether or not this is okay if you wish.

Konaguna said:
You know who watches MLP? Little Girls and Peadophiles. and I'll bet you none here affiliated with MLP is a little girl
I'm more amazed than anything that you not subtly called the supporters of MLP here pedophiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back