• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Verses with high sexual content (STAFF ONLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, some things:

1. Fandom only cares about what is on their wikias in plain sight, not exactly the context behind it. What this means is they don't want graphic images on fandom sites nor do they want graphic descriptions. The mere existence of MGQ does not exactly mean anything so long as no nudity or graphic descriptions of sex are on site.

2. **** verses are those where it would be pretty difficult if not totally impossible to host here due to the amount of sex. That's not the same thing as "this has sex scenes in it". Why do we keept treading this same ground? This was already discussed earlier.

I know full and well how Fandom works with its age rating, which again only exists to protect themselves (and rightfully so) from certain laws. It's also why the site has a 13+ age requirement that isn't strictly enforced unless it becomes an issue.

Keep in mind what we even do here. We index character statistics. Comparing us to wikias that act as encyclopedias for a fiction's entire content is pointless. We don't do that. So long as we have no graphic images or graphic explanations for feats we're fine.

Thank you for the evaluation. It seems like the Fandom staff agree with your perception of this.

Are you still interested in creating an "Acceptable content rating scale" page at some point?

That is mostly correct, yes, although Sannse said that she agreed with Sera's list (linked above) of content that is deemed unacceptable anyway.

Well she's still talking about what is seen on site.

The reason why, for example, Anime Bath Scenes Wiki was deleted wasn't inherently because of the premise of "anime chicks bathing" but because it eventually resulted in 99% of the wikia's images being of nude anime characters. So a verse that would result in the exposure of excessive amounts of NSFW content through imagery, descriptions, and links, should not be allowed here. So far, only hentai and **** (x-rated content) fit that category for our standards, thus perfectly fitting in line with my little rating thingamabob.

Well kudos to the ones who came in here to address this, as I'm not sure we know what we're doing. If we we're to audit them it be like this:

If we go by Sera's categories MGQ is stated to be 3 depending on the number of clips and sequences you can skip I don't know if that can ever be conclusive

Huniepop is probably a 3

And you would need to have a huge stick up your bottom (pun intended maybe?) to have put AIka at 4, as that's maybe 2 at least

I think those are the ones in question

Sera EX said:
I literally just explained this to Numbers on Discord yesterday... There is a fine distinction between a verse with sexual content, and a verse that's primarily, if not all, sexual content. For this purpose I've categorized something called the "Lewd Scale" (named after Saikou obviously).

Let's go through the levels, shall we?

Level 1: Suggestive - These are verses with excessive fan service such as Fairy Tail or verses that have nude art like Shin Megami Tensei. Nothing serious or overly sexual but not exactly PG either.

Level 2: Ecchi - Verses like High School DxD and To Love Ru. These verses have mild sexual content that qualifies for a 16+ (or 17+ depending on where you live) rating. At most you'd get some breasts and some very suggestive scenes.

Level 3: Eroge - Next there's eroge. This is basically your R-rated movie with sexual content. Many early Nasuverse stories, Masadaverse VNs, the Silverio series, and Demonbane all fit in this category. Games like The Witcher could also be put here.

Level 4: Hentai - Finally, we have hentai (nukige in visual novel terms). This is your x-rated **** basically. On a 22 minute episode, 18 minutes are just sex scenes.

We can allow Ecchi and Eroge. We cannot and should not allow Hentai/Nukige for obvious reasons.

We don't need an 18+ rating. Because the first two levels on the lewd scale aren't even "x-rated" and the third level can pass as 17+ since all of the above examples for it don't even have sexual based feats. We'd be warning about content not even on the site.

I think MGQ sits somewhere between eroge and hentai; don't know; not knowledgeable in the verse, but as long as we don't show or explicitly state in detail any sexual content it's fine.

I don't know what the other verse even is.

If you wish, you can incorporate this scale of some variation of it in the regulation.
Anyway, given that Sannse apparently agreed with the above, but Sera is facing a very problematic real life situation, and this thread almost has the maximum of 500 replies, should I start a new staff discussion that asks for help to apply the standards into a separate new page?

Okay. Are the rest of you fine with this as well?

If it's that lengthy with 4 bulleted points, there should either be a page or a blog; which a page would probably be better. If there was a way to shorten it to a small paragraph, it could be added to editing rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back