• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Verses with high sexual content (STAFF ONLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which of verses would get deleted based off of gore content if that's taken as a metric?

I also know Berserk has both gore and rape, so I doubt including gore stuff along with sexual stuff in the scale will make things much different for it

Matthew Schroeder said:
It's pretty disturbing how people are more okay with over-the-top gore than with even the smallest hint of sex.
Well, that's the way people are and that's the way the world is working currently.

Anyway I highly disagree with deleting any verses like Berserk just because they have gore and sexual content. It's just plain **** (or any verse having a story just as an excuse for ****) I have a problem with.

Well, this is a complicated issue, and I personally do not mind consentual romantic sexual content more than something excessively gore-y like Mortal Kombat.

However, this wiki's prioritisation of content is largely based on mainstream popularity and critical acclaim, meaning public acceptance, and we have to adapt to it. We cannot start to remove Berserk, Mortal Kombat and several other gruesome very mainstream popular verses for the sake of consistency with removing hentai.

@AKM I don't think Sera wanted Berserk to be deleted, just for extreme gore to also be a factor in what we allow and not allow

I already said that twice. No verse here would be deleted.

It would however prevent people from trying to post extremely graphic content on here. Yes, there are some creepy and extremely disturbing ultra gore-centered verses out there, especially in visual novels. There's already a global gore rule. Excessive gore should clearly be prohibited image-wise, something MK, Berserk, etc, are immune to.

Okay. I think that we already prohibit gore images and animations though, or at least we should in theory.

Well, I guess this will just have to be postponed for another time. There's more pressing matters to deal with. I'll drop this in favor of finishing up the rating scale.

Define "progress"

Did we resolve the original discussion made by the OP? If so, maybe a lot of the more general NSFW/**** verse discussion be taken to another thread?

I was referring to Sera's rating scale page, but yes, a restarted staff thread with a summary of the discussion so far in the beginning might be a good idea.

I think what is left is start making the page on Sera's scale for a conclusion. I also based on the consensus above on Sera's scale., it looks like MGQ is Eroge so I think it would be allowed and not deleted.

Bump, as this seems like an important thread to finish.

Elizhaa said:
I think what is left is start making the page on Sera's scale for a conclusion. I also based on the consensus above on Sera's scale., it looks like MGQ is Eroge so I think it would be allowed and not deleted.

Yes, mine as well. You can politely remind Sera via her message wall if you wish.

I can write up a draft in my sandbox and link it here for review if you'd prefer. I'll have to do it in the morning though as it's getting late here.

Just a polite reminder, so this thread isn't forgotten.

It would be good if we can solve this yes.

If I'm taking too long, someone else is more than welcome to take the above post I made and alter it for a mature rating scale page, though a rule may be better in the first place. Something like:

"While we do feature some franchises with mature content, those that are predominately focused on or are only composed of high levels of sexual content will not be featured here".

No problem. We can probably wait a while longer.

So, I was told I had permision to comment here, so I have a question. Would making profiles for Masou Gakuen HxH other than Aine Chidorigafuchi be ok? I read someone above mentioning it, and I can confirm it's wrong, no sex happened on this series untill Volume 14 (second-to-last book), and the series has legit feats and a 2-B cosmology.

I suppose that it seems fine as long as it is not truly a hentai series, but more input would be appreciated.

Ionliosite said:
So, I was told I had permision to comment here, so I have a question. Would making profiles for Masou Gakuen HxH other than Aine Chidorigafuchi be ok? I read someone above mentioning it, and I can confirm it's wrong, no sex happened on this series untill Volume 14 (second-to-last book), and the series has legit feats and a 2-B cosmology.
Looks like your typical Ecchi-Action anime. It should be perfectly fine.

It is a Harem / Ecchi Series where the MC has the power to literally enhance his and girls' powers by having sex among other things. Though it's technically not hentai given that even with this the amount of sex vs the amount of story (As bland and generic as it is) is very low, and the sex is not that explicit from what I can tell.

I brought it up early on as an example of what is a "borderline" series, like MGQ and others. There's a bunch of Visual Novel and Light Novel Verses that have a genuinely silly amount of sex but are still legitimate stories.

Well if it's from something like Arms Corporation then you'll probably be safe. But if you got stuff from say Milky Studio then the ice you are treading on may be much thinner, it's as dumbed down as I can put it.

....It IS still intended to focus some discussion here in this thread, isn't it? Right?

Given this thread's been inactive over a month, I'm wondering if, surprisingly enough, the initiative to focus on this topic got sidetracked by other matters.

Yes, the tiering system revision and upcoming forum move distracted us, and Sera's house has currently been flooded as well, so unfortunately I do not know if anything will happen here.

Those are some understandable causes of delay. I hope progress can be made here, but I think I understand if there are further delays.

Sorry for any bother or trouble by my butting in here.

No problem. I would also like to get this done.

Bump.

I would appreciate if we could still try to properly deal with this.

Well, we probably need to rewrite the rules based on our conclusions, but I do not remember well anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back