• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Verses with high sexual content (STAFF ONLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weren't you arguing for CoC earlier?

Nope

0670D7A6-A375-4539-A863-A4C547899FEE

WeeklyBattles said:
I'm saying that by our standards a game that has essentially no story, no actual feats, and is nothing but sex wouldn't be allowed here
How do you plan on tiering a verse with no feats in the first place genius? this isn't something that applies to sexual content only

I'm more amazed than anything that you not subtly called the supporters of MLP here pedophiles

Not even remotely subtle-

Andytrenom said:
I'm more amazed than anything that you not subtly called the supporters of MLP here pedophiles
I mean it's not like most adults watching the show turn out to be some weird sexual deviants...

@All

Can we please calm down and stay polite here. This isn't that big a deal to get upset over.

Sir Ovens said:
It may interest you to know that Huniepop has a sequel that will most definitely have combat feats.
Cool, that basis is covered, then.

Anyhow, I'll be taking Konaguna's behavior to the Rules Violation Report Thread if this continues.

@Konaguna

I am sure that there are strange fetischists who watch the series, but the vast majority are completely harmless, and strictly do so because it is friendly, relaxing, well-crafted, and enjoyable.

I don't understand what the big deal is here, how many people on this wiki are so underaged that this kind of content would scar them for life?

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/Culture...likes-characters-to-suffer.ashx#ixzz21lPUwjUC

I can describe an axe entering a human skull in great explicit detail and no one will blink twice at it. I provide a similar description, just as detailed, of a penis entering a ******, and I get letters about it and people swearing off. To my mind this is kind of frustrating, it's madness. Ultimately, in the history of [the] world, penises entering vaginas have given a lot of people a lot of pleasure; axes entering skulls, well, not so much.
~ George R.R. Martin, summing up this whole thread​

Should we close this thread before it turns even more insane than it currently is?

Sera EX said:
What is even happening anymore...
To get back on topic:

Huniepop was deleted. Others, including me, question why Huniepop and other games are getting the boot, especially when Monster Girl Quest was just decided to be absolutely fine.

Antvasima said:
Should we close this thread before it turns even more insane than it currently is?
It's not insane, we are just in the midst of a serious debate and many wish to find a common ground

Antvasima said:
I would say no, unless Huniepop and respectively deleted verses are restored.

@Konaguna

Accusing many people in the wiki to be paedophiles is not finding common ground. It is acting as a trolling agitator.

I mean it's not like most adults watching the show turn out to be some weird sexual deviants...

Regardless, it is extremely innappropriate to generalize fans of a tv show as pedophiles, whether directly or indirectly. This is not an accusation you make lightly, so please, practice some minimum amount of care the next time you start talking about members of the wiki liking a certain verse

@Matthew

I don't personally care much either way about the content itself, but we can't just ignore our rules or Fandom's conventions because you don't like them.

Antvasima said:
@Konaguna

Accusing many people in the wiki to be paedophiles is not finding common ground. It is acting as a trolling agitator.
That wasn't my intention at all, I am merely pointing out that even if the content is sexual it can still house a far more reasonable fan base than some other non sexual forms of media

Anyway, if we close this thread, I can ask a Fandom staff member in private regarding what we should do, without any time-consuming chaos breaking out here in the meantime.

Antvasima said:
This thread seems to have gotten derailed and gone through a fair shake of drama (pretty sure someone was calling every MLP watcher a pedophile at a point wheeze). Considering it's long, long length and the (I guess) importance of the topic at hand, plus the fact that the point of the thread has shifted from 'why not CQC?' to 'what about HuniePop?', I think a new thread would be great.

My two cents since I'm not a staff user but I did see other non-staff members commenting here.

@Ant, I request that Huniepop be restored- my knowledge of other recently deleted verses are limited, but I have it in good faith both after talking to supporters and seeing an older Fandom discussion on the Huniepop wiki itself (in which Huniepop was given the clear, after some images were censored) that there would be no issue with having it.

If you are worried about Fandom's reaction, hopefully that should quell your worries.

I am for the restoration of Huniepop. Can't speak for Alka as I'm not familiar with it.

Look, I could argue about the double standard all day but when it comes down to it, we either keep all of it or none of it. We have standards in place and can argue for and against changing it, but once standards are in place, we abide by them. That's the whole point of them in the first place.

Huniepop has not defied our post-MGQ era standards. In fact, if this was pre-MGQ era, I'd still say we could have it on the site.

Having feats for stats is besides the point of this whole thread, and as I have mentioned above, they will have stats.

Huniepop stays.

Again, trying to force the wiki into ignoring its own rules, and those of Fandom as a whole, is not a good idea, nor is removing a few obscure pages that big a deal to get upset over.

As such, I will close this thread, and ask a Fandom staff member what we should do.

I just linked an example of an official Fandom response.

Here is Sannse's response:

"If that's not the focus of the wiki, and the pages are non-explicit, then that's okay. There also shouldn't be any links to explicit content."

So it seems like Monster Girl Quest, Hunniepop, and Aika can stay in the wiki, as long as there is no explicit content.

Antvasima said:
Everybody please keep your behaviour under control. Sannse wanted to look at the thread.
Alright.

The minute everyone chills the freak out is the minute I can address some concerns.

Your input is appreciated as always Sera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back