• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Verses with high sexual content (STAFF ONLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Antvasima said:
I would appreciate some help from the rest of the staff here.
I think we can add that a CRT is needed to approve the ****-centric verse.

This choice would make the judgment on more a case by case judgment.

I am not sure that would be a good idea. That way we would just be swarmed with CRTs that demand that we add more hentai.

I literally just explained this to Numbers on Discord yesterday... There is a fine distinction between a verse with sexual content, and a verse that's primarily, if not all, sexual content. For this purpose I've categorized something called the "Lewd Scale" (named after Saikou obviously).

Let's go through the levels, shall we?

Level 1: Suggestive - These are verses with excessive fan service such as Fairy Tail or verses that have nude art like Shin Megami Tensei. Nothing serious or overly sexual but not exactly PG either.

Level 2: Ecchi - Verses like High School DxD and To Love Ru. These verses have mild sexual content that qualifies for a 16+ (or 17+ depending on where you live) rating. At most you'd get some breasts and some very suggestive scenes.

Level 3: Eroge - Next there's eroge. This is basically your R-rated movie with sexual content. Many early Nasuverse stories, Masadaverse VNs, the Silverio series, and Demonbane all fit in this category. Games like The Witcher could also be put here.

Level 4: Hentai - Finally, we have hentai (nukige in visual novel terms). This is your x-rated **** basically. On a 22 minute episode, 18 minutes are just sex scenes.

We can allow Ecchi and Eroge. We cannot and should not allow Hentai/Nukige for obvious reasons.

We don't need an 18+ rating. Because the first two levels on the lewd scale aren't even "x-rated" and the third level can pass as 17+ since all of the above examples for it don't even have sexual based feats. We'd be warning about content not even on the site.

I think MGQ sits somewhere between eroge and hentai; don't know; not knowledgeable in the verse, but as long as we don't show or explicitly state in detail any sexual content it's fine.

I don't know what the other verse even is.

If you wish, you can incorporate this scale of some variation of it in the regulation.

Thank you for helping out. What do the rest of you think?

Maybe we should copy that list to an explanation page, and link to it within the general rules?

I think Sera Ex's level system can incorporated it the rule. We would not allow at hentai/Nukige/**** verses.

From my experience, MGQ is would be a Eroge.

Eh it's definitely more than Eroge.

Antvasima said:
Maybe we should copy that list to an explanation page, and link to it within the general rules?
Would this be a good idea?

Okay. I suppose that we could call the page the "Lewdness Scale" or somesuch, as I think that Sera suggested.

Aren't R movies already 17+?

Sera EX said:
If we're serious about this, we could just use the CERO scale for reference. It's the video game rating system used in Japan (like PEGI in Europe or the ESRB in America). It's more accurate than my rough "lewd scale".
Honestly, think your lewded scaled is better because it more nuanced more than the term CERO C and D. It more related to wiki, too.

Of course, any improvement to the name or informations is welcome.

Well I wasn't saying use the actual rating names, just use the age rating descriptions for reference.

Sera EX said:
Well I wasn't saying use the actual rating names, just use the age rating descriptions for reference.
I know what you meant I just thought that your descriptions were better, Sera.

MGQ is Eroge.

Corruption of Champions is Nukige to the absolute limits, considering about 99.99 out of 100 scenes are focused on a variety of sexual interactions and fetishes, with 0.1 being focused on slightly less explicit sexual interactions with some excuse for lore thrown in.

Okay. That is fine. What should we call the page then?

Personally I'd go for "Mature Content of VSBW" but either works for me.

That is also fine. It depends on which option that the others prefer.

Okay. It seems to have been accepted then. Should I create a page that lists her definitions (along with improving a bit on the text flow so it suits this purpose)?

I feel like "straddling the line between Eroge and Hentai" should just be treated as Hentai; if we have to seriously consider if it just as occasional sexual content or is X-rated ****, it shouldn't really be considered in the first place for our site.

If it's agreed that MGQ is somewhere inbewteen the two, I'd be inclined to say no on it, even if I agreed previously.

I also think that it should be mentioned that uncertain cases should not be accepted.

I think MGQ is an eroge with an erotic-centric theme. That does not make it Nukige, it remains an eroge and should be treated as such. Though, if the line is still too blurred, I'm fine for deleting it.

I don't know anything about MGQ other than that it's eroge, so I don't have a horse in this race.

Something has been bothering me though. We have Berserk featured here and I'm sure we wouldn't blink twice at Ubel Blatt being featured on the site either. Both have extremely graphic depictions of sexual violence, yet they're permissible afaik.

Likewise, excessive gore (Mortal Kombat and other more extreme examples) and stuff like Hatred also aren't as controversial as these ecchi verses. Basically it's as if we're treating sex as being more obscene than extreme graphical violence, which is objectively false.

Therefore, I suggest we consider the totality of the rating system(s) and not just sexual content. If outright **** is outlawed (which it is with good reason btw) so should extreme graphical violence and gore for the same reason.

You do have a point from an objective viewpoint, but Mortal Kombat is far too mainstream popular to delete from the wiki, and Berserk is a highly critically acclaimed work. Whether we like it or not, extreme violence as part of a story is more publicly accepted than a main focus on sex, and we have to adapt to it.

I am not sure about if we should feature Ubel Blatt, but I am not very familiar with the work.

My point is the scale should still apply to violence. Mortal Kombat is an M rated/PEGI 17/CERO D series, so it's safe regardless. Berserk should be fine too. That being said, I don't think being critically acclaimed is an exception worthy of a double standard like this since the point is about what's unacceptable and shouldn't be featured based on content; I do understand how deleting a popular verse would affect the wiki. Though, I'm not saying we should delete them anyway.

Based on ESRB, no amount of gore gets a video game higher than an M-rating, only graphic sex scenes get something an AO-rating. And minor innuendos could pass as an T-rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back