• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Verses that were stronger than you thought

What verse is stronger than you initially thought? For me, it was Steven Universe. I'll admit, I'm not dedicated to the show, and have missed a good chunk of episodes, but when it was revealed that there were characters clocking in at sub-relativistic and island level, well, I was surprised to say the least.

What verse were stronger than you originally thought?

Pls no hate or arguments, my mom checks my profile ƒÿú Just have fun

Pretty Cure. I didn't think much of it until i learned that it has characters going from Multi-Universe level in one season to that of possibly even Multiverse or Multiverse+.

Though it seems 2-C is the usual high point they go to at.

The lowest i've seen of their highest in their other seasons is like High 6-A to 5-B or something according to what DarkLK told me this other time iirc.

Archie Megaman, I thought he was only 2-C, but is actually 2-B

And Sigma, 2-A is impressive

Pokemon, Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Sailor Moon

There's probably more that i thought where weak but these are the one right of the top of my head.

Power Rangers. As a kid, I thought they were kind of cool, at the same time I thought my dad could beat the shit out of them. Now I find they have tier 5/4 feats up the wazoo. Theirs even 3-A Rangers and Low 2-C feats!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Tier 7 feats are shockingly consistent, with the 2003 and 2012 series having quite a lot of feats involving destroying towns, making storms or making "mountains crumble". Above that, there are 5-A Ninja and High 2-A entities. Theirs even a 1-B statement in the comics, but I thought it's legit.

Adventure Time. Our old Adventure Time stats were such a mess, but I bought into them. Finn being 9-A for harming a Planet destroying entity. Grob being 6-A for fighting a being who can destroy entire planets. The Lich being 5-B for being able to kill all life on Earth. When I rewatched the show and learned how to do calcs, I found 6-C feats for Finn, super casual 7-B feats for different wizards and eve 6-A outliers for Finn and Jake. I didn't even know about the 2-A entities until I read some of the books.

Castlevania. Now, I knew 6-B Dracula was a bit of a lowball, but I assumed he was Moon level or Large Planet level. Had no idea there were so much Tier 2 feats in the series.

Supernatural. When I watched the series, it as basically like a darker Scoobby Doo, and now the series has 3-A beings and crap.

Small Star level Massively FTL+ Darkanine's dad confirmed.

Kind of want to see this profile on joke battles wiki now.

Zelda and Mario, always thought they were superhuman like Link benching thousands of tons or Mario tossing Bowser with the exception of Galaxy since that is blatantly obvious for Bowser being overpowered, didn't really hit me into I was older that a lot if the seemingly mundane stuff is actually really good, especially in Zelda. Then we got Castlevania, figured they were strong after playing a handful of games, then the upgrade happened.

Kirby also surprised me a lot. The only Kirby game I've ever played was the original "Kirby's Dream Land", and then, years later, when I found out what the pinkie guy can do, I was like:
Kirby-Surprised-Coloring-Pages

Lilo and Stitch, too. One of the experiments was said to be able to crack the Earth in two.

Keys to the Kingdom. I thought they were all just street level, peak human speeds, some decent Regenerationn, and some shapeshifting and mind control. Then I saw the multicontinental calcs, solar system feats, massively hypersonic and ftl+ reaction times

H2O: Just Add Water.

Teen drama about mermaids that had the main cast overpower a planet destroying meteor in the final episode.

Kingdom Hearts, as a huge of a fan I am of the entire franchise, I never realized anyone was tier 4 levels.

Popeye.

It has 4-Dimensional beings capable of destroying at least universes (they were apparently described as being able to destroy "all of existence"). I've been unable to hunt down the scan they do this in, but I know what comic its from. Of course, Popeye Comics are incredibly rare nowadays..

I heard that there's a comic in which Popeye survives the destruction of the universe because "he eats spinach", but I couldn't find scans anywhere.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
I heard that there's a comic in which Popeye survives the destruction of the universe because "he eats spinach", but I couldn't find scans anywhere.
It happens in "Popeyes Apocalypse" according to TVTropes. Which takes place near the end of the original continuity (Thimble Theater comics). Despite being considered utter classics and well loved, the comics are freaking impossible to find.

MLP

If you had told me back in 2013 that colorful horses could casually destroyed stars, I probably would've eaten your soul. Now though, I think that star level MLP is okay, I'll still eat your soul though.

@Holyhotsauce Dude ikr. I never would have though that MLK had characters that could actually bear Final Form Frieza. I though that they were at Best Town Level.

Super Saiyan God Julian said:
@Holyhotsauce Dude ikr. I never would have though that MLK had characters that could actually bear Final Form Frieza. I though that they were at Best Town Level.
"MLK"

Star busters may be stronger, but nothing is stronger than a dream (as Giorno Giovanna has made abundantly clear)

I never found Tier 4 MLP to be surprising, they made it pretty abundantly clear that Celestia could move the sun and moon in Episode 1.

Dragon Ball Z for me as well for pretty much the same reason as Kaltias. I just assumed they were all different degrees of planet busters.

Back