• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ventus vs Roxas

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is tough, both are comparable in AP, but I vote for Ventus by holding far move techniques to annoy Roxas with.

Ventus might have more techniques but Roxas has a lot of Resistances that should protect him from the vast majority of what Ventus can deal to him and he can ignore conventional durability with Nil. I'd vote for Roxas.

Last edited:
I guess it's hard to compare this two characters. If we compare both to other guardians of light. Both are weaker than keyblade master or above such as Sora, Riku, Aqua.

Kiwisociety said:
I guess it's hard to compare this two characters. If we compare both to other guardians of light. Both are weaker than keyblade master or above such as Sora, Riku, Aqua.
Can we come to a result by comparing their powers and abilities?

Mantidil said:
It might be a moot point, but does either one have an experience/training advantage?
Ventus has been for some time Xehanort's disciple and after that he trained for two years alongside Terra and Aqua. He also was already capable of wielding a Keyblade before meeting Xehanort based on his appearance in Union X.

Roxas had a year of experience in Organization XIII and was send regularly on missions to different worlds. Given Roxas' own comments and his fighting stance with the Kingdom Key, it's very possible that at least part of Sora's experiences leaked into him. There is also the fact that he was at least somewhat aware of what was happening to Sora while he was a part of him.

I think I will go with Roxas FRA and also since he technically has more experience fighting evenly with other Keyblade wielders.

Idk if this means much, but in terms of AP, Ven scales to Sora and Aqua specifically on his profile while Roxas scales to the other Guardians of Light. Dunno if theres much of a difference, if any at all there.

That aside, if we look between their powers and abilities, resistances, and techniques that are applicable to this fight, Ventus has Roxas beat in terms of what he's able to bring to the table. Ventus has access better/more magic. Idk if command styles count for the KH3 version as we the player never got to use them, but lore wise I dont see why not as Aqua was able to in KH3. If he does, they give him a boost both in stats or at the very least speed, and of course versatility and how he fights, he has better mobility via the keyblade armor etc. While they both have resistances to alot of each other's arsenal, that doesn't mean they don't take any damage whatsoever.

I don't wanna say Ventus outskills, but in the short timeframe of the beginning to the end of BBS, Ventus grew from being someone that wasn't very strong compared to other characters we've seen from KH1 up to that point to being able to defeat Vanitas with the Incomplete ¤ç Blade, who's comparable to Twilight Xemnas, who took endgame KH2 Sora and Riku to beat, while Roxas after a year of fighting (far longer than the events of BBS) was around pre endgame KH2 Sora, and their fusion is what made endgame Sora...endgame Sora. Ven was able to close a gap as large as that in a short time.

As for who they fought in KH3, we get Saix and Xemnas for Roxas (alongside Sora, Kairi, Xion and Axel). With Xemnas being a top tier, though in that fight he casually restrained Sora and Kairi, fought the other 3 with Saix, then causally took Kairi and left while unharmed and unphased. And then after that, the 4 of them minus Kairi vs Saix. On Ventus' end we have him and Aqua fighting Vanitas and Terranort in a 2 v 2 evenly or slightly on the losing end before Sora stepped in. With Vanitas casually blitzing Sora, Aqua, Donald and Goofy in the cutscene prior to the Aqua fight and preparing to take all 4 at once, and being comparable to Aqua in their actual fight. Ventus and Vanitas' clash shattered Aqua's barrier completely if that means anything. As for Terranort, he was strong enough to blitz an off guard Ven and Aqua and one shot off guard Ven (not an anti feat cuz off guard), one shot an on guard Lea who blocked, toss aside Sora casually, clash with and overpower a KH3 Lingering Will, beat Re:Mind Sora even with Lingering Will intervening to help...

And then at the final battle Aqua and Ven were even or just barely losing to those two. When Sora came, they managed to beat Vanitas and Terranort. Them beating those 2 compared to Roxas' team not phasing Xemnas and 4 v 1 Saix compared to Ventus and Aqua 2 v 2 and then 3 v 2 with Sora and beating both enemies. Not saying Roxas wouldn't be able to do it if we switch him and Ven, but the feats and scaling are in Ven's favor ontop of what I mentioned before

So based on all that I'd say Ventus more often than not. Roxas has Nil, which he can use to basically ignore Ven's durability, but he'd still have to land an actual hit. Which is definitely possible. I just see Ven winning more often than not

I'm voting for Roxas based on lore, and also because like him a lot more than Ventus.

Ventus was never stated to be all that powerful lore-wise. Roxas on the other hand was stated to be the second most powerful member in Org 13 after Xemnas. Not to mention when Roxas showed up at the end of KH 3, that particular battle turned in the favor of the good guys despite Sora showing up first, unlike when Sora showed up to help Aqua and Ven who were losing beforehand.

I'll admit that gameplay-wise, Ventus is much better to play as thanks to his game coming out on a superior console than Roxas' DS game, allowing Ventus to have more flashy moves and spells, but lore-wise Roxas was hyped-up quite a lot and he delivered on that hype, where as Ven was just another Keyblade apprentice who still needed other people's help by the end of KH 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back