• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Varies from 4B to Low 1A for Thor

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I have mentioned several times previously, Marvel is the king of inconsistency, and everybody can fight everybody. We have to try to find some sort of standard level for the characters. Low 1-A is even more of an outlier than 9-B, comparatively speaking.

@ant: Thor does have a consistent level under normal circumstances- 4B, but he clearly has a higher level of power that he is capable of accessing in certain situations. The 4B level he normally demonstrates is only due to lack of mastery of his powers. His full capability is much more than that and he can clearly access more of that capability in desperate situations. He is the child of 2 higher dimensional beings after all.

@zark: Just because you disagree doesn't mean something is officially rejected by VSBW.

@Byasura: Thor's full potential (RKT) is far beyond the Chaos King so it isn't necessarily an outlier.

The Phoenix, celestials are being brought up as higher dimensional feats from tiers 2 or 1.

Thor didn't change the outcome of the fight because HOTU Thanos was far beyond both him and LT. The assumption here was that if they were facing an opponent only somewhat stronger than LT he could have made the difference between a win or a loss. There is no point in bringing someone who is infinitely weaker than you to a fight. This is a very minor supporting feat tho which is why I didn't even mention it in the OP. So there isn't much point in nit-picking.

His Rune King state isn't his full potential, IIRC, he just learned magic by drinking from Mimir's well. If it was, Old King Thor (who follows current Thor's timeline so closely that he'll be erased from existence if his life is threatened) never got to that level in 10,000 years.

I gave you a reason why it's an outlier in this very comic. The Phoenix (universal in this comic) and Celestials aren't Low 1-C.

It wasn't just Thor, it was all the heroes, he (ruler of Asgard, a member of the Godheads and implied to have the Odin force in this timeline) only called them due to his position. By your logic even Daredevil made a difference. I'm not nitpicking, you're just using any feat or outlandish explanation and leaps of logic you can.

Also, Zeus had a pact with Odin or something, so he may have been holding back. Plus, he was able to wield Mjolnir because he could overpower the enchantment, but Thor had control of it because he was worthy. Mephisto did the same thing once. However, Zeus admits that even the Titans didn't give him that kind of a fight.

LordWhis said:
Oneshotted Exitar with Jarnbjorn.
In Uncanny Avengers #6, Thor was unable to damage Apocalypse's armour and blessed his axe, allowing him to even cut through Celestials. Thor killed Exitar in issue #21 of the same comic line.

Why is this thread even being entertained, legitimately, at this point?

Who except the OP even agrees on this? No one, ByAsura came up with the same conclusion I did, which in turn was the conclusion Qawsedf came up with, OP provides no counterpoints and just says "but it is tho".

Just close it, this is a massive waste of time

I think it should be closed too, but I remember there's still a lot of Thor stuff that's missing. I can't name anything right now, though.

Look it's better to make a new thread if the Thor stuff is missing, no need to clamp up a stupid proposition thread that folks have begun to ignore actively.

Just close this one, and make a new, properly listed thread with the salvaged scans and stuff

@byasura: For god's sake stop strawmanning I never said Celestials are low 1C. See my listing of the feats and the tiers they belong in.

I said I mentioned the HOTU Thanos feat for the sake of completeness. It IS a weak feat which is why I didn't even mention it in the OP.

Also do not tell me you brought up an anti-feat from a teenage Thor who was millennia away from even lifting Mjolnir to downwank Thor. That's truly incredible. And not in a good way. That's like bringing up beginning of Dragonball kid Goku to downwank Ultra Instinct Goku but even worse since we're talking millennia not a few decades.

Off topic- OKT did tango with a 1A being.

@zark: You're the one saying "but isn't tho" and not making any real arguments except banal stuff and bringing up Hulk who this would not scale to in any way shape or form.

I didn't strawman you, you brought up beating the Celestials and Phoenix Force as being within the Tier 1 or 2 range (not specifically Low 1-A I'll grant, but I thought that's what you meant at the time) when they're both only Tier 2.

I'm just saying it's completely wrong. It shouldn't even be used "for the sake of completeness."

I think you're misinterpreting something I said here.

What 1-A being?

I don't think I have anything to add to what ByAsura and Zark said, but fyi Low 2-C is infinitely higher than High 3-A, and 2-A is basically infinite Low 2-Cs. So basically you're suggesting that Thor ascended into a 4-dimensional being, and a mere "boost of strength in desperate situation" amp caused him to become infinitely infinitely stronger.

Accepting stuff like this means we have to accept stuff other crazy feats that would happened in both Marvel and DC, and that's a can of worms no one is ready to open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back