• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Varies from 4B to Low 1A for Thor

Status
Not open for further replies.
he has a ton of Holding Back Statements
4301287-5557324693-ThorR
4301291-9385378620-ThorR
C7a50c4c4802c76c0a0f9de3deec887b
Main-qimg-8e288c7292686713d47d33de58cfcc83
, and when he's going all out he beats his "equals"
Thor does something
Why is this so small? Basically he beats Silver,Adam and other Silver level characters casually

Sentry vs Thor
Divine Lightning/not holding back and winds of a thousand worlds Makes Death Seed Sentry scream in pai

Thousands somethings
Wind of a thousand worlds makes Glory, a being with the power of ten thousand gods, and compared to a bloodlusted Odin, scream in pain.

Thor Goat
One shots dimensional barrier set by Odin.

One shot Hela
Lightning punch one shots Hela

Holding back statement doesn't mean much tbh... as I said. I need a stat amping statement specifically.

Wanna know how many time street tiers and hell, even folks like the Hulk suddenly ROFLSTOMP their regular rogues gallery because they weren't "holding back anymore"? And still got managed to be beaten to shit moments later?

The Glory scans I posted clearly state it. Thor was completely outmatched and would have died unless it had been for 'the spark', a sudden burst of power from deep within that allowed him to one-shot. The narrator's words not mine.

Yes, that sounds like flowery language, as I said. Not adding stat amping from that.

Come on that is not flowery language. He was clearly getting stomped and then he one-shotted. Again I have given a long explanation and countless evidences for this. Thor has more 2C and 2A feats than most 2Cs and 2As on this wiki.

countless explanations and long evidences don't matter if they're breaking all scaling, and FYI yes it is flowery language, I watched Fairy Tail mate, where this "a power awakens within me and now I suddenly stomp everything" plot device was copypasted everywhere, and guess what? We don't have 57 keys per characters there. That statement means nothing.

Look mate I'll be honest with you, if you do truly believe that Thor is tier 1 or hell, even tier 0 as you claim billions upon billions of times, go join a wiki that supports that belief, that's all what Marvel scaling is at the end of the day, subject of opinion for wiki moderators.

4A-

Has fought starving Galactus many times

3C-

Absorbed a galxy busting bomb

3A-

Overpowered a universal extinction bomb

2C-

Has fought and injured Surtr many times.

Has fought and damaged Odin (Who has a 2A statement BTW) and even beaten him on occassion.

Fought Zeus (who also has a 2A statement) for months on end without any serious injury

Wounded a Galactus who was at at least 2C levels at the time

Oneshotted Glory who is at least 2C

Fought on par with Atum.

Brought Skyfather Herc to his knees with 2 blows.

Fought and defeated the Serpent

Demonstrated higher dimensionality and has transcended space and time on several occassions.

2A-

Tanked attacks from the entire Fourth host and damaged them, compare this to Odin, Zeus and Vishnu who got shitstomped by a single unnamed celestial IN THE SAME COMIC BOOK!

Knocked down/back Arishem on multiple occassions

Damaged Exitar and stunned him

Oneshotted Exitar with Jarnbjorn.

OAA chose to dodge his attacks rather than tank them

Stomped an unnamed celestial

Turned back time, affecting The Stranger.

Low 1C-

KOed the phoenix force

Overwhelmed IG Thanos who had to use timehax to beat him.

Fought Cosmic Ghost rider who might scale to Death.

Low 1A-

Mortally wounded Chaos King

(King Thor) LT recruited Thor to fight HOTU Thanos, there would have been no reason to do this if he was any lower than Low 1A as he would have made no difference to the outcome if he was weaker than that.

Higher ?

(King Thor) Fought End Of Time Doom who was stated to be the strongest version of doom ever and thus superior to God Emperor Doom.

@Zark: But characters do get stronger throughout anime, that's the whole point of anime my dude, that's why anime protagonists all have like 20 keys, heck Goku probably does have 50 keys.

Well Shouldn't he have "higher when going all out" he beats characters that are far above him when suppressed, He stomped Silver,Adam and other 4-Bs and one shot Hela and Death Seed Sentry? and or "possibly 2-C" as he one shot Hela, kept up with Zeus for 30 days, beat Glory, Beat Gorr, kept up with Surtur, and Scales To Thanos who has some 2-C Scaling

Zark2099 said:
Literally proving how much of a shit show Marvel scaling is, eh?
Or the 'flowery language' isn't actually flowery language and Thor is actually tapping into his inner latent potential which is 1A.

LordWhis said:
@Zark: But characters do get stronger throughout anime, that's the whole point of anime my dude, that's why anime protagonists all have like 20 keys, heck Goku probably does have 50 keys.
its a comic book though??????

Very, very different media we're talking about here.

I was just countering his fairy tale example. He was the one who brought up anime.

Though superman has even more keys than Goku, more than any other character on the wiki in fact.

@LordWhis

So Thor's rogues gallery and Hulk and literally every single 4-B magically get on his level everytime he gets stronger. You know you can make 100 keys for Thor alone and that barely covers it. Either you're purposely not getting the point or you're that clueless about the extent Marvel has. Either way drop it, it's not going anywhere, if you bring 1000 feats or more, there exist a billion feats on the other side of the spectrum too.

@Adem

Eh, probably, but that has doubtful issues in the long run, and isn't the most reliable thing to give to comicbook characters, considering everyone will get them

I don't think 2-A and higher feats should be used, he struggles with 2-C or lower characters, Also to do minimal damage to Exitar he needed a Full power GodBlast which ended up destroying mjolnir, and Jarnbjorn is made to be able to cut Celestial Armor, it doesn't scale to Thor

@zark: I have no idea why you're bringing Hulk into this ? Thor is normally 4B but can become stronger by tapping into his inner power, that's the whole point of a variable power level genius, to account for low showings like being comparable to Hulk. Heck that's the whole point of this thread !

Because you're not getting the point, you can't even prove it's a stat amp without bullshit cross scaling unrelated to the matter at hand.

Like, legit, that Glorian thing is flowery language, find anything else to support the stat amp proposal you're making, and stop ******* derailing with showing me 70 unrelated examples of outliers pretending "Oh its all because of the stat amp owowowo"

I guess Thor having a "higher" would be a problem but "possibly 2-C" doesn't change much, he has more than enough 2-C feats and scaling when going all out that it isn't considered an outlier, and in the marvel scaling, the only characters that would have it are Thanos and anyone who stomped him and wasn't a mortal, characters like Silver Surfer wouldn't get it because they get stomped by Full power Thor and one shot by Skyfather level characters

I suppose, but then again Marvel tends to have bullshit statements like Thor with his full might being weaker than the Hulk and other stuff, it'll be very easy to exploit it to add ridiculously high tiers to unwarranted profiles.

Also I think Thanos has a VERY doubtful scaling to Low 2-C otherwise, moreso acting as an anti-feat, and scaling folks to Thor unwarrantingly is poor show, to say the least

I'm going to go over only some of this stuff. I might cover some more later. Also, Galactus is no longer 4-A, he's 4-B while weakened.

- Eric Masterson Thor beats up Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet.

The fact that he has the Infinity Gauntlet alone should tell you that this feat isn't viable, even if the situation is desperate. Anyway, the entire plan was to act as a diversion, which they only did because he wasn't using his cosmic awareness, making him sort of insane, and decided to make the battle fair so he could appear more brave infront of Death. Also, here's a scan from this same comic where he swats Thor like a fly.

Right after this, Thanos defeats an entire legion of cosmic beings, such as Galactus, Master Order, and Lord Chaos while losing his mind.

- Thor transcending space-time.

In this comic, Thor was sucked into a Tesseract's pocket universe with Alter Ego. He only used his divinity to peer at the cracks in this Tesseract dimension. It's pretty clear transcending dimensions just means he can travel between them, a power he's shown on a few occasions, IIRC.

This is just flowery language to say that he can time travel.

- Thor fought the Serpent.

With the Odinsword, which was designed for this occasion. This whole story was a prophecy.

He was tanking hits and blasting electricity at the serpent, it's not like he could only injure him with the odinsword.

also @adem: Marvel has no low 2cs

In desperate situations Thor has taken on stronger beings than IG Thanos as shown in the scans.

There was an old comic in which mjolnir moved so fast it transcended space time.

Half the tier ratings on this wiki could be argued to be flowery language.

Well Thor is consistenly above Hulk, a stronger Hulk could only stalemate Base Sentry but Thor one shot Death Seed Sentry and Zeus one shot Hulk but Thor was able to Fight him for 30 days straight and more stuff like that, so a statement like that would probably be dismissed, like the Hulk Universal Statement.

I thought It was fine to scale Thanos to Thor because Thanos was able to keep up with Odin

Again, what is the solid evidence that Thor did get an amp? That's the most important thing here. The sheer amount of feats don't matter, without confirmation that he was amped they're just outliers.

@Whis The Odinsword is a very powerful enchanted weapon. It's designed for Ragnarok. It probably doesn't scale to his normal levels, but not due to this being a stressful situation.

If it moves fast enough to transcend time then that's movement speed, which supports my argument.

Yes, but here it's incredibly obvious. Time travel and traveling through the 4th dimension are basically the same thing. It doesn't even mean he's 4-D.

Anyway, if he taps into his powers (like the Gaia or lifeforce stuff) that's fine for an amp, but half of them probably aren't. I'm not 100% sure about this one (use this scan in the OP, it's higher quality), though.

LordWhis said:
3C-

Absorbed a galxy busting bomb

3A-

Overpowered a universal extinction bomb
Thor simply absorbed and directed energies of a bomb that was going to destroy the Black Galaxy, which is more of a bioverse and anomaly than an actual galaxy, though it does contain stars. It's probably HAX considering Mjolnir's ability to do anything in this era.

Thor overpowered one part of a bomb that would cause a chain Reaction to make the Big Bang, and it was by using a physics-shattering ability that has also allowed him to BFR Kang in the past. This is probably HAX and isn't even Universe level.

LordWhis said:
Tanked attacks from the entire Fourth host and damaged them, compare this to Odin, Zeus and Vishnu who got shitstomped by a single unnamed celestial IN THE SAME COMIC BOOK!
That attack in this comic is kind of questionable. It's stated it would only have enough power to send a planet careening out of its orbit, and Odin was jobbed as much as Darkseid in the 90s.

I'm not putting this in OP since there are a lot of scans already but here-

9CEDBCDB-2FFA-4318-A2C1-F9CBE42C1E9D
Very clearly describes it as an amp of some sort.

@byasura: The odinsword is a powerful sword yes but you have no proof that it amps Thor's other abilities (maybe you could assume it based on how some other enchanted weapons work but I think that's too big an assumption). He was keeping up with the Serpent, blasting it with lightning, and damaging it with Mjolnir strikes and melee attacks. And tanking hits from it.

Also I forgot to add the stranger feat to the list. Added now.

"Sudden surge of strength" is just a boost of strength in a desperate situation in fiction, it doesn't make a character tiers higher.

He was getting stomped before hand and then he one-shotted.

There are feats supporting him becoming tiers stronger.

Also there is reasoning for Thor since we know his full potential is Low 1A if not 1A or more.

Him tapping into something approaching his full power in desperate situations is reasonable.

I'm not sure we should close this (even though I hope it is). Let's just wait a while. I'm fairly sure half these feats don't include all of the context either.

LordWhis said:
@byasura: The odinsword is a powerful sword yes but you have no proof that it amps Thor's other abilities (maybe you could assume it based on how some other enchanted weapons work but I think that's too big an assumption). He was keeping up with the Serpent, blasting it with lightning, and damaging it with Mjolnir strikes and melee attacks. And tanking hits from it.
It still makes the feat highly questionable.

Also, adressing some more.

- Thor hurts Chaos King.

This was the same Chaos King who fought Hercules after he reconstructed himself—the equal and opposite of Eternity and guy who would've slurped up that very same Thor right after. I don't care if he was amped, this is a major outlier.

- Thor harms Skyfather Hercules.

Skyfather Hercules seems to have to consciously activate his power in some capacity, generally changing his eye colour. For example, he fights on par with Ares and then casually one-shots him, and then gets stabbed through by Athena.

Also, I highly doubt Thor was amped in any capacity here. It makes no sense given the context, that attack was just a simple throw (the lightning did nothing), and Hercules had just fought off an entire pantheon of Skyfather-level Gods while his powers were highly unstable.

- Thor harms the Phoenix Force, Surtur, Celestials, etc.

None of these are Low 1-A. Any Low 1-A feats he does have seem like gigantic outliers.

LordWhis said:
(King Thor) LT recruited Thor to fight HOTU Thanos, there would have been no reason to do this if he was any lower than Low 1A as he would have made no difference to the outcome if he was weaker than that.

Higher ?

(King Thor) Fought End Of Time Doom who was stated to be the strongest version of doom ever and thus superior to God Emperor Doom.
You can tell this is ridiculous because the sum total of all existence, including Thor, is asking someone to help him. Also, he didn't, he just used Thor to gather all of the heroes. He was only a part of that effort, which also included Daredevil.

"Would have made no difference to the outcome": I question if you actually read the comic, because Thor made no difference, at all. Basically nobody did.

That's just another outlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back