• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Urban Warfare in the City of Eternal Nights Round 10 (Goro Majima vs Doomguy)

First_Witch

VS Battles
Retired
AhGwrpj.jpg

"Seven days have passed since a mysterious group of 16 individuals entered the forsaken Metropolis of decadence.
The quiet night of the field streets is where our fateful encounter happens.
A clash of Capos and Executivs is upon us. Soon,
Death will occur upon these streets."

Majima is 0.34 Tons iirc, his feat was done pretty casually though. As in he did it with one hit after being battered by Kiryu a fair bit already.

Well to get the ball rolling on some stuff.

Doomguy going invisible won't really do much here. Majima can fight blinded and can block attacks from behind without looking at them. Majima's duplication shouldn't be an issue given DG is used to fighting crowds anyway. From what I've seen DG has the better LS but Majima's not much of a grappler and considering they're at least in the same class to start Majima escaping a grab wouldn't be out the question.

On the topic of gunplay Majima can parry bullets with his bat and counter by throwing daggers, both have healing options so that takes care of it. Majima could paralyse Doomguy if he gets a slash on him and proceed to beat him down from there, but Invulnerability could say no to that. Majima might have the better acrobatic feats though. Skill wise Majima has feats like slapping about the Amon clan, the world's greatest assassins who know all the martial art styles known to man even as far back as 0. I'm sure Doomguy has some feats in this key to speak of but I can't comment there.

Majima is 0.34 Tons iirc, his feat was done pretty casually though. As in he did it with one hit after being battered by Kiryu a fair bit already.
Doomguy is above 0.80 tons of tnt since irrc we used the high value for v.frag, he should have the advantage. Maybe less so.

I don’t think power ups/ optional equipment is being given for either character. If it was, I’d say Doomguy smashes due to Beserk/Haste/Quad damage and Invulnerability. Not to mention the lowAll the stat amps would be too much for Goro to handle.

On the topic of gunplay Majima can parry bullets with his bat and counter by throwing daggers
Doomguy has plasma weaponry and a hitscan superheated laser beam. The ballista can switch between modes for AOE or a timed explosion to through in a mixup. Considering it’s Night-Sentinel guy, he’ll likely lead with the new weaponry first.

Majima could paralyse Doomguy if he gets a slash on him and proceed to beat him down from there
How long does Paralyze last? Doomguy can take a beating into near death. Quoting the codex:

We watched as his will overcame his injuries, and in the Blood Arena he proved his worth. The Outlander's technique was crude and brutal, but the determination in his charge echoed that of any trueborn Sentinel. His war cry echoed through the Coliseum as did the sound of his fury, and the guards cheered his banner, 'Rip and Tear' they shouted as the beast pushed beyond mortal wounds and certain death.

If you want his skill feats, I’ve posted them all at the very bottom of this post. I’ll make a cohesive document to compile them soon.

Doomguy is above 0.80 tons of tnt since irrc we used the high value for v.frag, he should have the advantage. Maybe less so.
Majima's feat was done pretty casually, after he'd already been injured by Kiryu so the gap to start shouldn't be that large.

I don’t think power ups/ optional equipment is being given for either character. If it was, I’d say Doomguy smashes due to Beserk/Haste/Quad damage and Invulnerability. Not to mention the lowAll the stat amps would be too much for Goro to handle.
Iirc Majima's optional stuff wasn't allowed for his previous match (Did DG get his in his one?), will need to see what OP says in regards to this before I debate on this one.
Doomguy has plasma weaponry and a hitscan superheated laser beam. The ballista can switch between modes for AOE or a timed explosion to through in a mixup. Considering it’s Night-Sentinel guy, he’ll likely lead with the new weaponry first.
The hitscan might be effective, the problem is Majima is practically indistinguishable from his clones. So this could just hit a clone and not the real one. AOE stuff sounds nice but Majima has massive dashes and can evade blasts quite easily. Grenades could be batted back at Doomguy possibly.
How long does Paralyze last? Doomguy can take a beating into near death. Quoting the codex:
This comes from Yakuza 7, its a turn based JRPG style so I can't really give a definitive answer to this, But it should be enough time to allow Majima and his clones to dogpile there. On the topic of LS I don't know if Majima can be grappled if he's in Heat mode, Kiryu and others can try it in there fights with him and it often doesn't work iirc. Majima can also take immense amounts of pain considering he was tortured for a year straight by ruthless Yakuza thugs and came out totally fine, he also got his eye gouged out with a knife and was still able to survive.
Glancing through it those sound like pretty good feats, Majima can scale to Kiryu who has done absurd feats such as facing 100 men and fighting Jingu's elite forces who were all armed with military grade equipment compared to him. Plus they slap around the Amons on the regular who are the world's greatest assassin clan who have mastered all the world's martial arts known to man. Would like to see some examples of 1v1 skill feats though if that's okay.

Iirc Majima's optional stuff wasn't allowed for his previous match (Did DG get his in his one?), will need to see what OP says in regards to this before I debate on this one.
Doomguy has access to everything that is 8C, the weapons given to me were "All his standard guns, the ballista, and super shotgun with the meathook."

Hmmmm okay, well guns that shoot normal bullets should be dealt with fine as Majima can bounce off bullets with his bat at least and just dodge with his acrobatics. DG is pretty nimble but Majima's done some crazy shit in his time iirc.

Ye so no optional equipment for Doomguy if mr. kiryu simp doesn’t have his.

The hitscan might be effective, the problem is Majima is practically indistinguishable from his clones.
That’s so ******* cool, ngl.

Does he start out with that?

Majima has massive dashes and can evade blasts quite easily. Grenades could be batted back at Doomguy possibly.
Doomguy would start with the ballista, and is able to tag an Archvile, who can teleport at a much farther range than Majima’s dash. The ballista’s AOE is also unique as it fires a long ranged energy wave capable of bisecting 8-C demons in 1 or 2 hits rapidly. Majima’s dash looks too small to cover the range of the Destroyer Blade. They can also clear out the clones in an instant.

Would like to see some examples of 1v1 skill feats though if that's okay.
Unfortunately Doom has little cutscenes, but from what we can make out from the lore he was able of slaying Marauders. High ranking Night sentinels who are close to the slayers rank (having the orange shoulder patch) and who slew multiple night sentinels during the civil war.

Keep in mind, lower ranking night sentinels were capable of similar feats to the slayer before his introduction to sentinel society. From the codex…

Lord Sash, the stalwart banner-sergeant, was found with his war standard pierced through the throat of a great beast, his body surrounded by the corpses of enemies. Roan the Mighty, the light faded from his eyes, had eviscerated such a multitude that their entrails clung to the black rocks like vines. Gor, relentless until the end, had broken his blade on the backs of his foes, and by the time he fell he had slain another two-score with his hands alone.

Can you show me a clip of the paralyze ability Goro has?

That’s so ******* cool, ngl.

Does he start out with that?
Afaik he doesn't, however in regards to context most of Majima's fights were with folks he wasn't trying to kill per se like Ichiban and Saejima. But considering DG looks like a very clear threat armed with guns he wouldn't waste time trying to mess around.

Doomguy would start with the ballista, and is able to tag an Archvile, who can teleport at a much farther range than Majima’s dash. The ballista’s AOE is also unique as it fires a long ranged energy wave capable of bisecting 8-C demons in 1 or 2 hits rapidly. Majima’s dash looks too small to cover the range of the Destroyer Blade. They can also clear out the clones in an instant.
The clones are generated via Majima's heat and sheer speed, plus he can close the distance on someone quite fast and is comparable to Kiryu who can blitz four people. Also Majima's heat amps help his durability and he can heal with it and his drinks. Plus rather than dash he can just leap about too. Majima can generate shockwaves and air manipulation to possibly cancel out the energy wave.

Unfortunately Doom has little cutscenes, but from what we can make out from the lore he was able of slaying Marauders. High ranking Night sentinels who are close to the slayers rank (having the orange shoulder patch) and who slew multiple night sentinels during the civil war.

Keep in mind, lower ranking night sentinels were capable of similar feats to the slayer before his introduction to sentinel society. From the codex…
I just ask cause fighting a large group might not sometimes convince me in a 1v1 setting, though I assume DG can still be comparable. Majima even back in 0 can fodderise people that were undefeated in combat for over 50 fights iirc and there's the feats of foddering the Amons, he might have the edge in pure cqc at least.
Can you show me a clip of the paralyze ability Goro has?
This is him applying it in 7, they can still sometimes do stuff afterwards but sometimes they're forced to skip their turn as shown when Joon is affected and was due to be next but they seize up when they get hit regardless. His clones can do it and not just him too.

so i want to know some things:

who has the advantages for Ap, lift strengh, skill, intelligence, hax and equipment?

so i want to know some things:

who has the advantages for Ap, lift strengh, skill, intelligence, hax and equipment?
well doomguy have slightly better ap
doomguy have lift strength advangtage
about skill,majima have better
does intelligent play a role in here :v,if it does then both equal somehow
hax still need to debate further more though

Doomguy might have an LS advantage, but honestly both are still Class 5 to start and in the relative ballpark there. That said Majima isn't much of a grappler and Iirc you can't really grab him when he's in heat mode in his boss fights anyway and that includes Saejima. I think DG does grapple sometimes but its mostly to finish off enemies, don't think it'll really come down to a wrestling match at the end of the day.

well since they are both super skilled and their hax and equipment can't provide a clear winner

i vote Incon

Back