• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Urban Warfare in the City of Eternal Nights Round 9 (King Bradley vs Dust)

First_Witch

VS Battles
Retired
AhGwrpj.jpg

"Seven days have passed since a mysterious group of 16 individuals entered the forsaken Metropolis of decadence.
The quiet night of the Church streets is where our fateful encounter happens.
A clash of Capos and Peacekeepers is upon us. Soon,
Death will occur upon these streets."

Skill god vs skill god, how fitting lol

How does Bradley's ultimate eye work?
  • Ultimate Eye: Wrath's homunculus ability. Not only does it grant him the ultimate vision, enhancing his eye sight, but also gives him the ability of precognition. With a glance it allows him to accurately analyze, read and predict virtually any move an opponent can do. Although it is limited by his line of sight, an obstacle would prevent it's reading capability.

Hmm...if it relies on one of sight then Dust's magic swarming him from all angles would be a bit of an issue

It is reliant on eyesight so if something is going on behind Wrath he doesn't see it, but also he's very conscious of this weakness and is very good at making up for it (in fact Bradley usually fights with an eyepatch on, multiple characters try to get on his blind side and he never lets it happen)

Also this isn't really related to the match but for Dust's profile, 1 x 1.2 x 1.2 is 1.44, not 2.4

Bump me to the moon
and let me kick its f*cking ass🎵

Anyway, Bradley is good in looking around quickly and it isn't like he hasn't decimated crowds of soldiers before.
In this location he also has the luck of being able to keep a wall in his back... at least most of the time.

But he is almost entirely a physical fighter, so I wonder whether Dust just reflects all his attacks.
What are the stats looking like btw?

Anyway, Bradley is good in looking around quickly and it isn't like he hasn't decimated crowds of soldiers before.
In this location he also has the luck of being able to keep a wall in his back... at least most of the time.

But he is almost entirely a physical fighter, so I wonder whether Dust just reflects all his attacks.
What are the stats looking like btw?
I really will kick some ass if this dies another time.

Going by the other rounds, Bradly seems to be 0.49, while Dust is 0.52

Dust's stuff is a bit more intense than a crowd of soldiers, it's a swarm of homing magic bullets that constantly circle back ont he opponent at close range, and dust can attack while these are swarming at the same time. Alternatively it can also be large aoe pillars of fire or bolts of chain lightning.

And yeah Dust would go with parries if Bradely tries cqc

Parries only work if you like... parry. Skill aside Dust has a pretty obvious disadvantage here in that he has only one, heavier sword which would logistically be difficult to block two swords with, especially when dealing with Wrath's whole Eye gimmick making him perceive the fight in slow motion.

Dust can attack while the homing bullets are out but can he actually shoot them while in close combat without getting shanked? Bradley's probably got the stamina to endure a bunch of shots.

Dust has dealt with dual wielder's before so that wouldnt be a major issue

He can yes, that's literally a major part of his fighting style, combing his melee combat and Dust Storm while spamming his magic in cqc to deal massive amounts of damage rapidly, it's even an achievement to get 1000 hits by combing his magic with his cqc

Dust has dealt with dual wielder's before so that wouldnt be a major issue

He can yes, that's literally a major part of his fighting style, combing his melee combat and Dust Storm while spamming his magic in cqc to deal massive amounts of damage rapidly, it's even an achievement to get 1000 hits by combing his magic with his cqc
May I see footage of the magic spam in CQC?

Thanks, appreciate it.

Hm, if they're executed with sword moves I feel like that could very easily leave Dust open for at least a moment (if that's what's going on at least it's a bit confusing).

Also, I assume each individual bullet of the homing attack stuff is weaker than Dust's other attacks? Just based off how games are usually balanced.

Hm, if they're executed with sword moves I feel like that could very easily leave Dust open for at least a moment (if that's what's going on at least it's a bit confusing).

Also, I assume each individual bullet of the homing attack stuff is weaker than Dust's other attacks? Just based off how games are usually balanced.
Theyre a lower level of 8-C yeah, but they swarm the opponent from all angles and each one hits multiple times and he spams it to the point that there are multiple in-game jokes made by the characters about how every time Dust fights his attacks cover the entire screen

It stacks. Bradley has been wiping the floor flawlessly with almost the whole cast the entire show.

Here’s video for his upbringing (which also involves training since early childhood):

I can’t find the video him surviving a train explosion in a bridge, but he basically is able to perfectly predict a route to safety through the falling debris by casually hopping from one to another.

It's worth noting Bradley holds back significantly for like, 70% of his fights, and is superior to most of the cast even while he's literally dying.

I don't doubt Dust's homing stuff will land some hits on him but I'm not seeing any strong arguments for him not stamina-tanking and rapidly winning the second he gets in range, I can see Dust is good by his profile but "best warrior ever" doesn't quite hold up to Bradley without more tangible feats to back it up IMO, especially when the Ultimate Eye comes into play.

He usually holds back to their level, and he didn't seem significantly faster than Scar when he fought him, since he was weakened by the whole dying thing.

It's worth noting Bradley holds back significantly for like, 70% of his fights, and is superior to most of the cast even while he's literally dying.
That's a death sentence against someone like Dust
I don't doubt Dust's homing stuff will land some hits on him but I'm not seeing any strong arguments for him not stamina-tanking and rapidly winning the second he gets in range,
Its not just his homing stuff, his fire and lightning attacks have superior AP to his normal physical attacks and he spams them just as frequently. Other than that, Dust paralyzes him the second they clash swords via his Parry ability, and he can just fly away and range spam with Aerial Dust Storm if need be. Also, trying to out-stamina Dust isnt really going to work when Dust canonically fought non-stop for several days straight with only one few minute-long break in between (and not even out of exhaustion, he was paying respects to a person who died) as well as having multiple healing items to keep himself in peak condition in combat. Theres also his equipment which increases his Luck stat, which causes enemies to miss more frequently in combat, even opponents on the same skill level as himself.
I can see Dust is good by his profile but "best warrior ever" doesn't quite hold up to Bradley without more tangible feats to back it up IMO, especially when the Ultimate Eye comes into play.
Feats such as...?

That's a death sentence against someone like Dust
I mean when the danmaku starts flying out he'll probably stop doing that very quickly.
Its not just his homing stuff, his fire and lightning attacks have superior AP to his normal physical attacks and he spams them just as frequently. Other than that, Dust paralyzes him the second they clash swords via his Parry ability
This seems like a massive abuse of game mechanics. Is there any more elaboration to how that works in lore or are you genuinely claiming that they just need to touch swords and he's stunned because that's how it works in gameplay?
and he can just fly away and range spam with Aerial Dust Storm if need be.
Does he do that in canon? Also, weaknesses state that prolonged usage of dust storm would harm him.
Also, trying to out-stamina Dust isnt really going to work when Dust canonically fought non-stop for several days straight with only one few minute-long break in between (and not even out of exhaustion, he was paying respects to a person who died) as well as having multiple healing items to keep himself in peak condition in combat.
Out-stamina-ing isn't what I suggested, I'm just saying Bradley isn't easy to wear down, stamina can only matter so much if you get stabbed in the vitals and generic videogame healing isn't enough to come back from that.
Theres also his equipment which increases his Luck stat, which causes enemies to miss more frequently in combat, even opponents on the same skill level as himself.
With the Ultimate Eye he can probably just adjust the attack as it misses, given he'll see it happen in slow motion.
Feats such as...?
Viewing everything in slow motion but still managing to 2v1 incredibly skilled fighters who were surrounding him without need of that, basically doing mario platforming off falling rubble thanks to his info analysis, deflecting gunfire with his swords, be at such a skill level that, minutes from dying from injuries, a good chunk of the main cast would still get stomped by him.

And again, viewing everything in slow motion is quite the massive advantage.

This seems like a massive abuse of game mechanics. Is there any more elaboration to how that works in lore or are you genuinely claiming that they just need to touch swords and he's stunned because that's how it works in gameplay?

Does he do that in canon? Also, weaknesses state that prolonged usage of dust storm would harm him.
He does yes, and as a slight clarification Dust Storm has the potential to harm him if he uses it for a prolonged period of time consecutively, ie. if he uses just Dust Storm and no other form of swordplay, but in-canon he doesnt do that, he mixes Dust Storm in with the rest of his swordplay
Out-stamina-ing isn't what I suggested, I'm just saying Bradley isn't easy to wear down, stamina can only matter so much if you get stabbed in the vitals and generic videogame healing isn't enough to come back from that.
Doesnt Bradley lack the regen the rest of the Homunculi have?
With the Ultimate Eye he can probably just adjust the attack as it misses, given he'll see it happen in slow motion.
How would The Ultimate Eye bypass luck manip...?
Viewing everything in slow motion but still managing to 2v1 incredibly skilled fighters who were surrounding him without need of that, basically doing mario platforming off falling rubble thanks to his info analysis, deflecting gunfire with his swords, be at such a skill level that, minutes from dying from injuries, a good chunk of the main cast would still get stomped by him.

And again, viewing everything in slow motion is quite the massive advantage.
I see i need to update Dust's skill section a bit, because Dust has done all of those things but didnt need to see things in slow-motion to do it

That seems more than a generic "they clash swords" tbh, given the sheer impact. Generally it sure as hell isn't gonna get activated by anything but the strongest clash which is something Bradley would avoid anyway given he's more technique than strength.
He does yes, and as a slight clarification Dust Storm has the potential to harm him if he uses it for a prolonged period of time consecutively, ie. if he uses just Dust Storm and no other form of swordplay, but in-canon he doesnt do that, he mixes Dust Storm in with the rest of his swordplay
He couldn't do that at long range, tho-
Doesnt Bradley lack the regen the rest of the Homunculi have?
He does lack it, he just has very good stamina nonetheless, he gets impaled, thrown off a bridge, gets into a long fight (against one of the strongest members of the cast, and he still dominates for most the fight) and after both his arms get destroyed (and this is him already suffering from very heavy blood loss and being moments away from dying from the impalement) he still pulls off a last ditch attack using the sword with his teeth.
How would The Ultimate Eye bypass luck manip...?
I'm assuming it has a relatively minor effect given I don't think a haxlord would be admitted into this tournament, so luck causes the miss -> bradley notices the miss immediately -> adjusts for it
I see i need to update Dust's skill section a bit, because Dust has done all of those things but didnt need to see things in slow-motion to do it
Neither did Bradley, is the thing (well, minus the last thing)

That seems more than a generic "they clash swords" tbh, given the sheer impact. Generally it sure as hell isn't gonna get activated by anything but the strongest clash which is something Bradley would avoid anyway given he's more technique than strength.
It applies to any melee attack as log as Dust is facing in the direction of the opponent, the power of the opponent's strike doesnt matter
He couldn't do that at long range, tho-
He can though
I'm assuming it has a relatively minor effect given I don't think a haxlord would be admitted into this tournament, so luck causes the miss -> bradley notices the miss immediately -> adjusts for it
And yet youre arguing that its fair to allow a guy who passively sees all of his opponents in slow-motion and instantly knows their weak points...

It applies to any melee attack as log as Dust is facing in the direction of the opponent, the power of the opponent's strike doesnt matter
Yeah no that's just game mechanics, unless it's like, proven to be a lore mechanic of the sword or something you can't argue it applies to literally every clash.
He can though
How's he gonna swordplay from far away tho
And yet youre arguing that its fair to allow a guy who passively sees all of his opponents in slow-motion and instantly knows their weak points...
I'm not trying to get Dust disqualified I'm just saying that if he's here the luck hax is probably not too strong

Yeah no that's just game mechanics, unless it's like, proven to be a lore mechanic of the sword or something you can't argue it applies to literally every clash.
I just posted the clip of them staying in-lore that that's how it works. If you think it should be changed then you're free to make a crt but 'its game mechanics' doesnt fly in this situation.
How's he gonna swordplay from far away tho
Hit and run tactics mostly, using aerial dust storm both to spam his magic attacks as well as dart in and out of Bradley's range, getting a few swings or parries in while he's close and then flying away to use his magic again.
I'm not trying to get Dust disqualified I'm just saying that if he's here the luck hax is probably not too strong
It's not, it just occasionally makes it so that enemies, even ones on his level power and skill-wise, are more likely to miss attacks.

I just posted the clip of them staying in-lore that that's how it works. If you think it should be changed then you're free to make a crt but 'its game mechanics' doesnt fly in this situation.
Nope, you don't have enough grounds to make the NLF claim and I'm sticking to that, no CRTs needed given the profile doesn't claim anything like "oh yeah the moment they cross swords this happens", it clearly has to be a specific type of interaction.
Hit and run tactics mostly, using aerial dust storm both to spam his magic attacks as well as dart in and out of Bradley's range, getting a few swings or parries in while he's close and then flying away to use his magic again.
Darting in and out of his range means that he's getting in his range, which means Bradley has plenty of opportunities to attack.

Nope, you don't have enough grounds to make the NLF claim and I'm sticking to that, no CRTs needed given the profile doesn't claim anything like "oh yeah the moment they cross swords this happens", it clearly has to be a specific type of interaction.
I mean, you can stick to that claim all you like but the fact of the matter is that it is on his profile as an ability which is backed up by both the in-game fights and directly acknowledged as happening canonically in the cutscenes. Just because you choose to disbelieve it doesnt make your disbelief true.

Darting in and out of his range means that he's getting in his range, which means Bradley has plenty of opportunities to attack.
Plenty of opportunities to attack
Not really, speed is equalized and using Aerial Dust Storm means Dust is basically spinning his blade around his entire body with enough speed to fly around as a means of both offense and defense. Plus, Dust has taken serious wounds before without immediately going down and Bradely is not strong enough to oneshot him here.

Back