• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Urban Warfare in the City of Eternal Nights Round 9 (King Bradley vs Dust)

I mean, you can stick to that claim all you like but the fact of the matter is that it is on his profile as an ability which is backed up by both the in-game fights and directly acknowledged as happening canonically in the cutscenes. Just because you choose to disbelieve it doesnt make your disbelief true.
I'm not denying it's an ability, I just think it blatantly doesn't apply to literally all clashes and assuming anything more is a NLF, especially when it's something that needs to be actively performed in gameplay.

You also keep on grasping at the profile listing it in a specific way, but all it says is that Dust can stun with parries, while your claims go much further than that, so that doesn't hold up. Stunning should be listed as status effect inducement and not paralysis inducement, but that's unrelated and unimportant to this.
Not really, speed is equalized and using Aerial Dust Storm means Dust is basically spinning his blade around his entire body with enough speed to fly around as a means of both offense and defense. Plus, Dust has taken serious wounds before without immediately going down and Bradely is not strong enough to oneshot him here.
He has swords lol, if he hits a vital organ he's definitely "one-shotting", I don't see type 2 on the profile. Bradley has a possible skill edge and a huge advantage in seeing in slow motion, he'll get one good hit off soon enough.

Look, we've gone in circles long enough, I've made my arguments, you've made yours, third parties can evaluate them, Bradley FRA.

I'm not denying it's an ability, I just think it blatantly doesn't apply to literally all clashes and assuming anything more is a NLF, especially when it's something that needs to be actively performed in gameplay.

You also keep on grasping at the profile listing it in a specific way, but all it says is that Dust can stun with parries, while your claims go much further than that, so that doesn't hold up. Stunning should be listed as status effect inducement and not paralysis inducement, but that's unrelated and unimportant to this.
Except it can apply to all clashes, there is a boss fight in the game itself where the canon way Dust won was by spam parrying a trio of soldiers to death. And when did I ever argue that it wasnt something that had to be performed?

Not sure what you're reading from my argument, all I've argued is just that, that he stuns his opponent by parrying them. You are the one trying to jump through hoops to try to argue that it's noteven an ability he has.
He has swords lol, if he hits a vital organ he's definitely "one-shotting", I don't see type 2 on the profile. Bradley has a possible skill edge and a huge advantage in seeing in slow motion, he'll get one good hit off soon enough.

Look, we've gone in circles long enough, I've made my arguments, you've made yours, Bradley FRA.
Dust has been stabbed with swords and spears, been struck with lightning, been slammed through walls of volcanic rock, and hit by an avalanche, and none of it killed him. Being stabbed once isnt going to kill him, let alone his luck and parry abilities would make hitting him with a lethal blow extremely difficult.

Anyways, Dust FRA, his magic being able to constantly attack Bradley from angles he cant see with his ultimate eye coupled with comparable skill, passive luck, the ability to fly out of Bradley's range if need be, and the ability to stun Bradley with parries should be more than enough to outweigh Bradley's Ultimate Eye.

Except it can apply to all clashes, there is a boss fight in the game itself where the canon way Dust won was by spam parrying a trio of soldiers to death. And when did I ever argue that it wasnt something that had to be performed?
The fact that it's a move implies it can be countered, Bradley can just parry or not hit the blade head on.
Not sure what you're reading from my argument, all I've argued is just that, that he stuns his opponent by parrying them. You are the one trying to jump through hoops to try to argue that it's noteven an ability he has.
I'm not, read again, I don't appreciate my opponent being misunderstood.
Dust has been stabbed with swords and spears, been struck with lightning, been slammed through walls of volcanic rock, and hit by an avalanche, and none of it killed him. Being stabbed once isnt going to kill him, let alone his luck and parry abilities would make hitting him with a lethal blow extremely difficult.
80% of what you said is excused by durability, rest doesn't really tell me anything without further context, nothing points to him being able to survive if something like his carotid artery is slit or if he's stabbed in the heart.

Ultimate Eye makes it massively difficult to land a kill shot, he can compensate for his weaknesses just fine and cut much faster projectiles out of the air, and you've literally said he'd do hit and run if he were to fly. I stand by my case, and that is final.

The fact that it's a move implies it can be countered, Bradley can just parry or not hit the blade head on.

I'm not, read again, I don't appreciate my opponent being misunderstood.
The fact that you said these two things back to back and dont see how you're wrong is baffling. I understand your argument, but it seems you dont. Dust can parry opponents haphazardly slapping him, biting him, or stepping on him, he can parry guns and other projectiles, hell the first thing he parries in-canon is a slime whose only attack is expanding. The force of the attack, the precision of the attack, it does not matter, Bradley just trying to attack in a different way will not prevent Dust from parrying him.

Ultimate Eye makes it massively difficult to land a kill shot, he can compensate for his weaknesses just fine and cut much faster projectiles out of the air, and you've literally said he'd do hit and run if he were to fly. I stand by my case, and that is final.
Show me Ultimate Eye allowing him to dodge homing danmaku or AoE attacks tens of meters in diameter. When has he ever shown the ability to cut energy? You're making these claims but he has never done any of this before.

I stand by mine as well.

The fact that you said these two things back to back and dont see how you're wrong is baffling. I understand your argument, but it seems you dont. Dust can parry opponents haphazardly slapping him, biting him, or stepping on him, he can parry guns and other projectiles, hell the first thing he parries in-canon is a slime whose only attack is expanding. The force of the attack, the precision of the attack, it does not matter, Bradley just trying to attack in a different way will not prevent Dust from parrying him.
NLF
Show me Ultimate Eye allowing him to dodge homing danmaku or AoE attacks tens of meters in diameter. When has he ever shown the ability to cut energy? You're making these claims but he has never done any of this before.
The Danmaku is visibly slow and composed of tens of bullets at last, it's not really hard to swat it out of the air. And he doesn't need to cut it, it vanishes on impact with the target so it will when impacting with swords.
I stand by mine as well.
Which is why we may as well agree to disagree and see what third parties think.

It's strange to me that we're treating parrying as some sort of ultimate defensive maneuver, like borderline hax, that can't simply be avoided and redirects everything no matter what. Like, parrying is just a thing that people can do, you know? Bradley can parry too.

Bradley also fights on no issue through lethal injuries and even keeps going for a bit after losing both arms. Even if Dust gets a solid hit in, Bradley's not done, and it'd be way easier for him to get a killing blow in, given his Ultimate Eye.

It's strange to me that we're treating parrying as some sort of ultimate defensive maneuver, like borderline hax, that can't simply be avoided and redirects everything no matter what. Like, parrying is just a thing that people can do, you know? Bradley can parry too.

Bradley also fights on no issue through lethal injuries and even keeps going for a bit after losing both arms. Even if Dust gets a solid hit in, Bradley's not done, and it'd be way easier for him to get a killing blow in, given his Ultimate Eye.
Prom. Dust's parries canonically inflict paralysis. Bradley's dont. That's what this whole argument is about.

And yes, so does Dust, and he doesnt even need to be in range of Bradley to deal a killing blow given his tendency to range spam with homing danmaku and AoE magic.

Good argument, 10/10, really only problem with it other than it not in any way being NLF for a myriad of reasons is Bradley is significantly weaker than Dust.

The Danmaku is visibly slow and composed of tens of bullets at last, it's not really hard to swat it out of the air. And he doesn't need to cut it, it vanishes on impact with the target so it will when impacting with swords.
Speed is equalized, tens of 8-C homing bullets swarming Bradley would mess him up pretty damn fast, theyre intangible so again gonna need proof he can do that, and no it doesnt, each bullet hits the opponent multiple times before despawning after a few seconds.

I wasn't even talking about the paralysis thing (though it's dumb, 'stunning' is such a stupid thing to list as a power, Dust is essentially just throwing someone off balance by deflecting an attack, and thus gets an opportunity to attack. This isn't a superpower).

I wasn't even talking about the paralysis thing (though it's dumb, 'stunning' is such a stupid thing to list as a power, Dust is essentially just throwing someone off balance by deflecting an attack, and thus gets an opportunity to attack. This isn't a superpower).
Except that's not what it does, they are canonically unable to move after he parries them. There are enemies in-game that can parry Dust in the same manner and he doesnt get stunned by them.

Except that's not what it does, they are canonically unable to move after he parries them.
Because they're thrown off balance and dazed after being parried, the natural reaction to throwing so much force into an attack only to have it deflected or diverted. Also just looking it up, there are enemies immune to parries in Dust,

"The force of the attack, the precision of the attack, it does not matter, Bradley just trying to attack in a different way will not prevent Dust from parrying him."

So this is incorrect.

Because they're thrown off balance and dazed after being parried, the natural reaction to throwing so much force into an attack only to have it deflected or diverted. Also just looking it up, there are enemies immune to parries in Dust,

"The force of the attack, the precision of the attack, it does not matter, Bradley just trying to attack in a different way will not prevent Dust from parrying him."

So this is incorrect.
Not really? Dust can be parried by enemies of equal strength without being stunned.

Two enemies that are glass cannons that fly around and dont use melee attacks and three enemies that are canonically much stronger than Dust. Bradley is neither, so no, that is not incorrect.

Anyways, reiterating my previous argument:

Dust FRA, his magic being able to constantly attack Bradley from angles he cant see with his ultimate eye coupled with comparable skill, passive luck, the ability to fly out of Bradley's range if need be, and the ability to temporarily stun Bradley with parries should be more than enough to outweigh Bradley's Ultimate Eye.

To do the same:

Bradley being capable of seeing in slow motion and having pretty good info analysis gives him the ability not only to effectively defend himself against most of Dust's kit, Dust cannot abuse range as much as it would be necessary and Ultimate Eye effectively creates a huge gap in close combat ability and a shot to a vital organ cannot be delayed for too long by the probability manipulation. Parries I think I've addressed abundantly.

gives him the ability not only to effectively defend himself against most of Dust's kit
Still waiting for scans of him dodging homing danmaku, dodging AoE tens of meters wide, and cutting energy
Dust cannot abuse range as much as it would be necessary
He doesnt need to abuse range, he spams his magic in CQC just as easily and can just fly away if need be

Last edited:
Leaving my opinion. Haven't really read the thread, just thought I should leave my thoughts. Feel free to disagree with me or correct me if I'm wrong about something.

Sword skills goes to Bradley, while Dust isn't a push over his own on screen feats aren't anywhere as good as Bradley's insane swordplay. Though Dust doesn't rely on just his sword skills alone. With Fidget by his side his Dust Storm attacks are very troublesome to deal with.

While the standard dust storm is very stationary, the aerial dust storm will allow Dust to move and fly through the air. With Fidget's magic + his storm he can unleash a large amount of projectiles that are strong enough to harm people that have comparable durability to Dust himself. Or can take hits from Dust.

They're a bit weaker but can hurt and stagger/juggle opponents. This combo produces numerous, hit multiple times, and will follow targets. Dust will likely rely on the Dust Storm + Fidget's magic to land hits on Bradley. As he is a skilled warrior, he'll quickly realize that fighting Bradley up close is bad idea and will back off. And he can keep his distance while attacking at the same time with the Aerial Dust Storm + Fidget's attacks.

Taking advantage of his enemies' weakness or his own advantages isn't something that'd be out of character. And I don't think Bradley will be able to kill Dust in their initial clash of swords. So Dust should have the chance to back off and start hounding him with magic.

Fidget's magic would normally be impossible to dodge even with Bradley's skill, due to their homing properties and numerous amount. However with his Ultimate Eye he might be able to avoid some or even most of the normal magic projectiles, but I think he'll still take hits.

However I think the most dangerous of Fidget's magic is her electric attacks.

These can't be avoided in game and instantly reach any enemies on screen. This will literally be shocking, which can really mess up Bradley as he can't avoid it. At the least the attack is so fast that Dust nor his enemies that scale to him cannot avoid it. As I said the movement in game just instantly travels.

I don't think Bradley would be able to take many hits from Fidget's attacks, at least he won't last long enough to tire her out. Bradley's stamina feats are good in the moment, meaning he can take punishment and keep going, but lacks any good stamina feats of being able to fight all out for a long period of time.

I don't think Bradley has what it takes to close the distance between them or outlast Fidget's output. Which in universe, outside of gameplay I mean, has been able to keep up with Dust throughout his adventure without tiring out mid fight at all. Despite fighting many battles one after the other or even fighting against an army.

So yeah. I'll vote Dust. His combo with Fidget is too much for Bradley, who hasn't dealt with projectiles on par with what the Fidget + Dust Storm can do. Along with lightning/electric attacks that seemingly cannot be avoided by people on par with Dust himself.

Her projectiles are only slightly weaker than Dust as well, and are most likely just on par with him. Seriously her magic attacks with Dust Storm is really busted in game.

Back