• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Urban Warfare in the City of Eternal Nights Round 3 (Jim Raynor vs Doomguy)

First_Witch

VS Battles
Retired
AhGwrpj.jpg

"A day has passed since a mysterious group of 16 individuals entered the forsaken Metropolis of decadence.
The quiet night of the central banks is where our fateful encounter happens.
A clash of Peacekeepers and Executives is upon us. Soon,
Death will occur upon these streets."

Note: Doomguy has all his standard guns, the ballista, and super shotgun with the meathook.

Doomguy:
Jim Raynor:

Last edited:
idk if Doomguy has his guns.

Also if we're really running the idea that the bullets blitz everyone then why is Jim in the tourney.

That just sounds like bad reasoning

Unless there's a specific statement or like, in-universe reason for thee guns to be faster than irl guns then I don't see how they're hypersonic or how anyone allowed as such.

That just sounds like bad reasoning

Unless there's a specific statement or like, in-universe reason for thee guns to be faster than irl guns then I don't see how they're hypersonic or how anyone allowed as such.
Dude, Starcraft pages are ancient relics lol, I'm about 99% sure there is a statement or two lying around somewhere but the profiles are outdated as anything lol
I mean, Doomguy is x3.5 times stronger than Jim
Don't think his guns will shred Doomguy
Piercing damage is a lovely thing isn't it?

Is Doomguy's armor...not bullet resistant.

then why did you use one
Supersonic bullets<Hypersonic bullets. That was my line of reasoning anyway

Because I have no other characters in 8-C that aren't Warhammer Marines, they're all in 9-A or High 8-C

I mean if the suit is bulletproof it's still going to be taking a few bullets regardless of how fast they're going, really, especially if that thing is like, three times durable lol. That's just like, how kevlar suits work so futuristic armor should also work in a similar way.

Either way guns should blitz both of them because that's how guns work and Jim has like **** all movement and combat speed. He only has a gun. They both have guns. That's how this goes lol.

I mean if the suit is bulletproof it's still going to be taking a few bullets regardless of how fast they're going, really, especially if that thing is like, three times durable lol. That's just like, how kevlar suits work so futuristic armor should also work in a similar way.

Either way guns should blitz both of them because that's how guns work and Jim has like **** all movement and combat speed. He only has a gun. They both have guns. That's how this goes lol.
Kevlar doesn't work that way against rifle rounds though. You need metal body armor for those...

Doomguy, once again, is comparable to his guns in speed unless the profile is missing something lol

I don't

understand

how speed equalized

works
"The combat speed of that faster character is assumed to be equalized to the combat speed of the slower character. Every other speed the faster character has is reduced by the same multiplier. This includes the speed of any attacks, projectiles, reactions, perception, flight etc."

This clear things up?

... This is whack. Jims matches wont be added then, Im going by basic "Everything is equalized" speed rules. That or I'm kicking Jimmy.
Don't really care if you can throw in the Adeptus Astartes in his place lol
in THAT case how skilled and experienced is Jimmy boy
Jim is a veteran of multiple wars, having to fight on the front lines against all three main races of Starcraft on multiple occasions, so safe to say, very experienced.

As for skill, he's basically got the skill of a top-tier soldier, damn good aim and everything. Nothing to ride home about but also nothing to be underestimated.

Iirc we don't equalize the speed of weapons, but if a characters can do something via speed, we assume he's capable of doing it anyway even if his speed is lowered for the sake of fairness.

For example, someone who runs on water or creates afterimages is assumed to be able to do it anyway if his speed gets adjusted to peak human to match an opponent.
In this case, guns would remain as fast as they normally are, but if a character can normally dodge bullets through speed and/or skill, he is assumed to be able of doing it anyway even with speed equalized.

Fiiiine let's just assume this works or whatever.

Both of their guns blitz the other anyways so it should be fine. Jim seems more experienced maybe I don't know much about Doomguy in this key.

Fiiiine let's just assume this works or whatever.

Both of their guns blitz the other anyways so it should be fine. Jim seems more experienced maybe I don't know much about Doomguy in this key.
All right, so Doomguy's guns have issues with Jim's shield, and he has the issue of any time Jim throws his chronal rift devices, becuase he can't dodge when he's under a hard time slow, so he receives a HEV bullet right in-between the eyes, one-shot above Jim's other guns' AP and everything.

Wasn't this doomguy trapped in hell for a few hundred years prior to being found by the Night Sentinels?
Yeah I think that might be the case, he mostly fought all the same shit if I'm not mistaken though, while the Zerg are constantly evolving, the Protoss always advancing to new extremes of tech, and the Terrans getting bigger toys to play with. And Jim has had to fight all of the above multiple times.

All right, so Doomguy's guns have issues with Jim's shield
Would they really have issues with the shield though if Hydralisk spines can penetrate armor up to half a kilometer away? Those may near Hypersonic speeds but they aren't, they are also on the same scale as Marines whereas Doomguy is still 3.5x stronger than Raynor here, they should get by the shield.

chronal rift devices
What are the range on these? It isn't listed.

Would they really have issues with the shield though if Hydralisk spines can penetrate armor up to half a kilometer away? Those may near Hypersonic speeds but they aren't, they are also on the same scale as Marines whereas Doomguy is still 3.5x stronger than Raynor here, they should get by the shield.

What are the range on these? It isn't listed.
Hydralisk Spines, you mean the things that pierce literally everything under the sun regardless of basically anything? They're busted and moreso than bullets. sure, the shield will go down eventually, but it buys Jim time to start busting out his fuckier things

If I'm not mistaken several dozen meters, he can use em as far as he can use a grenade, pretty big AOE too, but regardless. The kind of thing he can spawn on Doomguy practically. A trump card if you will.

The chrono bombs are thrown like grenades but have a massively larger area of effect zone. Also the Hypersonic statement is from the old game manuals and other lore pieces like the field manual art book. Hydralisk spines are also stated to be near Hypersonic via the lore too.

Doomguy has all his guns.

I’m not sure what the argument here is for ol’ Jimbo. Doomguy is able to take shots from the ballista since he’s comparable to the marauder. He’ll definitely be able to soak a few shots.

If we’re arguing marksmanship, Doomguy should be comparable (likely above) the average sentinel marksman. A single battalion of whom defended their city walls from demons for 10 days and nights straight. He also has prior experience fighting swarms of demons (some of whom have homing missiles), Cyberdemons, and the Spider Mastermind. All of whom were capable of wiping out all the marine’s on Mars and any resistance held on Earth.

This version of Doomguy has now more experience with fighting more human oppenents. When he first arrived at Sentinel Prime, he was near death as the sentinels threw him into a trial by combat in a colosseum filled with former night sentinels fighting for a chance for freedom . The night sentinels themselves are a warrior society, training their soldiers in combat throughout their childhood. He among a few others were the only ones left standing.

After that, they trained him in their ways of combat, where his his resilience and fervor caught the attention of the sentinel inquisitors, the highest ranking warriors in sentinel society, only behind their king. He ascended their ranks quickly, earning the orange patch on his shoulder which in Hugo’s words, is reserved for only the best of warriors. Marauders, elite night sentinels turned evil in service of the Khan, also were no match for his anger.

I'm note sure how we deal with guns rate of fire in the wiki tbh. Because I don't doubt Doom Slayer taking a couple hits and surviving. The problem is that he's gonna get showered with bullets by Jim. Terran Gauss Rifles have the option to go full auto rather than just burst fire. The RPM of a standard Terran Gauss Rifle is about 30 bullets per second. Times that by 60 and you get an RPM of 1800 which is practically the speed of a minigun in this match up. So I'm not really sure how he's getting out of this when Raynor gets a good line of sight on him.

Back