• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Urban Warfare in the City of Eternal Nights Round 6 (Green Goblin vs Goro Majima)

First_Witch

VS Battles
Retired
AhGwrpj.jpg

"Six days have passed since a mysterious group of 16 individuals entered the forsaken Metropolis of decadence.
The quiet night of the Hospital streets is where our fateful encounter happens.
A clash of Executives and Capos is upon us. Soon,
Death will occur upon these streets."

Well in that case I guess Norman just gets on his glider and just range and mobility spams to heck and back here, not much here that Majima can really do here tbh.

Oh right, there is a Airspace restriction in effect. GG only has 20 meters in height in airspace

Well, if Goro manages to engage Goblin in cqc, then he absolutely destroys him, but the question here is if he can knock him off the glider or deal with him anyway.

Goblin rarely gets down on his own choice, instead most of the times someone manages to force him on the ground, otherwise he swoops around throwing bombs, flying blades and firing bullets from the glider.
Sometimes he attempts a flying tackle, but it's rare.
I have no knowledge on Goro besides what I read on his file, so I'll wait further input.

I see, guess this match won't be getting added either way then might as well try and debate.

So 20 meters is still nothing to scoff at, that said I could argue that Majima can do things like use his bat to swing the pumpkin bombs back. IIrc he can deflect bullets in 0 with his bat so bouncing a bomb back before it blows up should be something he's more than capable of doing so same with glider bullets considering he block bullets at point blank range while in midair. Flying razors will be a pain to deal with but Majima can duplicate himself with his aura and sheer speed to negate it. And could block them if nothing else. Majima could toss daggers at him to try and snipe I suppose.

Yeah Goro would destroy in cqc, the guy and Kiryu and even fricken Ichiban and Yagami can fodder the Amon clan, who are the most lethal assassins in the world who have studied and mastered pretty much all martial arts in the world. Goblin has way higher LS but the skill gap would render it moot.

Can he also run vertically? His file only mentions him running down buildings.

If yes, then I'd be inclined to voting him due to my and Stillwinston's arguments.

I don't think he can run up buildings, but he has done wall runs and jumps vertically speaking. I'll try and dig up some other feats did that one time in an old yakuza match

Alright tried to find some extra acrobatic feats, I don't think Majima can run up buildings but he's done wall scaling to kick people about. Also acrobatic and swift enough to dodge point blank gunshots. And can dash away and cover a large gap in one go. Also I know Goblin's got those homing razors but Majima can block attacks without even looking so he can do that as well as confuse them with his clones and hurl knives. If Majima wanted to get higher in the air he could just parkour around the environment or jump off one of his shadow clones, they are tangible btw they can tag Ichiban's party and Saejima so him doing this isn't out the realm of possibility.

Last edited:
I guess Goro has the means to deal with Goblin's arsenal, and after all, Goblin doesn't have infinite ammo, and might run out of bombs and shit before he manages to kill Goro, forcing him to a more cqc approach, even just by trying to tackle Goro with the glider.

The Goblin also likes to withdraw when the situation calls for it, but in this case he can't.

All in all, I think Goro can take this more times than not.

Majima is at the AP Disadvantage, it wouldn't be big as hell since when Majima performed his 8-C feat, he was pretty banged up during that time and has ways to increase his ap through his heat. His pain tolerance will be a pain in the ass to deal with since he managed to take a year worth of torture.

Majima should have superior skill since he managed to look at a few techniques and made his own fighting style (Aka Slugger and Breaker Style), faced off against plenty of foes for example in 0, he would face off against God Hands Lee who has great knowledge of pressure points attack, Jo Amon a member of the Amon Clan (filled with skilled Assassins), Asia's most expensive assassin Lao Gui and so much more. That's just in Zero and in future games he faces off against Kazuma Kiryu and Taiga Saejima in future games.

When it comes to agility in the ground, Majima just takes this, his quicksteps as a boss is fast as **** and in Y5/Y7 he managed to pull out multiple shadow clones through sheer speed alone. With this movement speed, Green Goblin is gonna have a hard time shooting his machine gun turrets towards Goro Majima, especially with four afterimages not including himself are running around at the same time. Although Majima is at a huge disadvantage when it comes to Lifting Strength, luckily he isn't a grappler type fighter and combined with his agility, Green Goblin's chances of grabbing Majima is lowered by quite a lot. also if goblin does grab majima and ***** him up a bit, couldn't he enter a healing mode and green goblin can't do anything about it because Kiwami mechanics doesn't allow Kiryu to grab those who are healing.

If Green Goblin tries to **** off with glider flying, the best thing Majima can do here is use his Dragon Twister technique from Kiwami 2's Majima Construction in hopes that this affects the glider's flight path or some shit. I think that's the only main issue Majima has against Green Goblin, his High 8-C missiles and flight will be a pain in the ass to deal with.

Extra Note: Since this is apparently YAKUZA 7 MAJIMA we are using, the same dude in his ultimate having equipped with a shitton of knives and can bust out lightning from the sky then maybe Green Goblin's flight isn't a super big issue anymore.
why are we using the yakuza 0 majima render 😭

Imma vote for the funny eyepatch man if I wasn't already counted there btw, on the topic of LS Majima's dagger can paralyze Ichiban and Co so if GG did grab him Majima could possibly shank him to force him to let go.

Wow, the first properly concluded match huh. To think that I would witness that after 5 painful rounds

Would this be possible to add to their profiles then? Based off what was said above flight restriction matches can be allowed?

Back